Chapter 21

❣ Scars To Your Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With your hands tightly wrapped around your cup you watched the people who passed by the window, all busy doing their own thing. You knew that staring at others was impolite, but you had always been the annoying child who was ignoring that rule. You always wondered what their life looked like, who they were, who they lived with, if they loved someone. Watching people was a very interesting way to pass your time, but watching the guy in front of you was even more fascinating. He had insisted on paying your drink, which had made you blush madly even though it didn’t really mean anything. He was just being nice, paying for his house mate’s drink like anyone else would. But your brain was trying to turn this into something it wasn’t and it continued to drive you crazy. The two of you had searched for a quiet spot in the middle of the coffee bar, hoping to get some privacy while you were having this conversation. It wasn’t really something you wanted to share with just everyone, and it this was going to have a painful outcome than you wanted to make sure that no one would overhear it. “Gena clearly forgot to mention that her friend was coming over.” Baekhyun said as he took a sip from his coffee and you stared at the way his lips curled around the lid before you told yourself to get yourself together and to behave.

 

You cleared you throat and looked down on your hands while thinking back about what had happened last night. For the past few hours you had been able to forget about it, which you had Baekhyun to thank for. He had been a great distractions to all your problems the past few days, he was keeping your mind off of all the bad stuff that had happened to you. “We can’t blame her for what happened. It isn’t her fault that Garth isn’t capable of keeping his hands to himself.” You leant back against the small seat, hoping that he wouldn’t be able to tell how uncomfortable you were feeling while talking about this.Of course you were angry at Garth for what he had done to you and that he had even had the nerve to treat you like that. But you were also mad at yourself, because you hadn’t been able to stand up for yourself, because you hadn’t done something to defend yourself. But fear had gotten to you, and memories and pain which you had been feeling the first time this had happened to you had overflown you and had made your body feel numb. Even if you had been able to move a muscle then you probably wouldn’t have been strong enough to push him off of you. It had been like every logical part in your brain had just stopped functioning at the time, as if you had forgotten how to use your arms and legs. “I know, but she could have warned us before we got inside. I swear to god when I saw that sitting on the couch like he owned the place I almost hit all his tooth out of his mouth.”

 

When he said that you were able to see how angry he was because of what had happened yesterday. He also wasn’t the one to react in such a blunt way or to talk in such an aggressive way, so it proved to you that this was bothering him just as much as it was you. But when you thought back about when you two had come inside, you couldn’t help but think that it was your own fault that Gena hadn’t told you anything on forehand. After all you two had been busy when she had walked in on you and she had been completely overwhelmed by what she had seen. If you had been able to keep your hormones to yourself then you wouldn’t have been caught. But that kiss was the only part of the evening which you didn’t wish to undo. It had been a very long time since that first kiss, at your mom’s wedding and you had almost forgotten what it felt like to be kissed by him, until yesterday. You knew that you had fallen for this guy and that there was no more turning back now. He had put you under some kind of spell which caused that you weren’t interested in any other guy but him, even good guys like Joe couldn’t win you over anymore. “I guess I’ll just have to hope that I’ll never run into him again. And even if I do then I’ll just ignore him or I’ll tell him to leave me alone.” You said and saw how Baekhyun leaned over the table so that he could have a better look at you and you had to try very hard in order not to blush. You couldn’t loose your cool in front of him now, he would instantly notice that your cheeks were coloring red because he was so close to you.

 

“We both know that guy doesn’t really understand the fact that you’re not interested. What he deserves is a strong fist in his face, I think that’s the only way to make sure he stays out of your way.” His eyes were staring at you so intently that you couldn’t focus on anything else. They were like two big stars in the middle of a dark night, guiding you home. When you looked at him you wanted to tell him everything, because your realized that you trusted him, in a way you would tell him everything that had ever happened to you. You believed that he could heal all the wounds that had been created throughout your life, that he could be the person who could make you feel whole again. “Are you saying that you’d punch him in the face to protect me?” Your voice sounded like you were teasing him as you leaned over your side of the table, closer to him, so that you too sat much too close to each other than socially allowed. But inwardly your heart was beating like crazy while you were waiting for his answer, for what he would say. For a few minutes the two of you just sat there in silence, looking at each other wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter