Chapter 2

❣ Scars To Your Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first few days were just as you had imagined them to be. They seemed to last forever, like hours never passed, like the clock seemed frozen and the pointers never moved from their spot. Though, while you had been here you had learned a few more things about the people you lived with and about the school you were going to go to in two days. By now you had met the final girl, the one who hadn’t come home until later that first evening, Samantha, or as other people called her, Sam. Just like Gena had said, you liked her, she was the nicest one inside of this dorm and she was the one that came closest to normal. She was friendly and kind and by now you also got along quite well with Gena, it was almost hard not to get along with her. Amber was a little something different, she was hard to spend time with, after a few hours you would get tired of her attitude and you actually wanted to get away from her. But until that time, she was quite amusing. Then there were there boys, to start of with Joe. During the first day of your staying he had tried to make it very clear that his door was always open for you if you needed anything, literally anything. You had quickly told him that wouldn’t be necessary, and you were sure he had gotten the message.

 

From that moment on he had been nice to you, like your rejection didn’t mean anything to him, which it probably didn’t. He had girls enough who were fluttering around him and who would easily want to replace you. You had to say that you liked him much more if he wasn’t being the jackass he tried to be around everyone else. Actually he was quite nice to be around, he was calm, always in for a little joke but he could also get serious from time to time. Then there was Baekhyun, you didn’t even know where to start. “____________, time for dinner!” Three loud knocks resounded on your door and you looked up from your book to stare at the wood, just at the moment the door crashed open and Amber appeared in the doorway. It was her turn to arrange the food today, and she hadn’t been happy. According to her, she didn't have the time or the knowledge to cook, but that didn’t mean she could get around it. With raised eyebrows you sniffed, wondering if that was burned food you smelled or something else. She glared at you, daring you to say anything about it so you just tilted your head to the side and smiled. Amber was known for having a temper, even though you had only been here shortly, you had already witnessed that. “Sure, I’m coming.” You muttered and she gave you a firm nod before running her hand through her hair and walking to the next room.

 

A deep sigh left your lips as you put your book towards the side, laying it on your nightstand so that you could get on with your reading as soon as you would get back. You hadn’t expected that living with four other people would be so exhausting from time to time, especially during the evenings, when you all actually spend time together. It wasn’t like you regretted coming here, you were still convinced that this place would be better for you that anywhere else, but you just hadn’t been prepared for it. You shoved towards the edge of the bed and you had just walked towards the doorway when suddenly the door in front of you flew open, making a short breeze rush through your hair. The smell that came out of his room almost knocked you off of your feet, it was his scent, but you were able to keep in your gasp. Quickly your eyes darted up, seeing the figure standing right in front of you, just as frozen as you were. The look inside of his eyes hadn’t changed during this week, it was still detached, uninterested, cold and bitter. Something in the way he looked at you made your heart grow cold and heavy inside of your chest, like a stone. You wondered if that was how his felt too.

 

During the past few days you had gotten closer to your new dorm members, all of them except for him. For one reason or another he didn’t like to talk to you, he didn’t like to talk to anyone. He was barely home, and when he was he would be in his room, instead when it was time for dinner. You believed he joined these meals because he felt like he didn’t have any other choice, if he had had one then he wouldn’t be standing here right now. His eyebrows met each other in the middle of his face as he noticed you staring at him, and his dark look seemed to get even more gloomy as he made eye contact with you. A shiver ran down your spine and you quickly looked down, your eyes attached to the red carpet on the floor. “Sorry…” You muttered softly while closing your door behind you and going on your way. After a few more seconds you heard his door fall back in its lock as well, and you knew that he was right behind you. The others had told you not to worry about it, for some reason or another Baekhyun hated everyone and he was very angry. He enjoyed being by himself and he hated company, the only person he actually talked to in this dorm was Joe and that was probably only because he was also a guy. It pained you to think that he was always in his room, always alone and that there was no one there for him. He probably had a reason to be the way he was, but you were too scared of him to ask him about it, or to start a conversation with him.

 

Ever since the first time you had seen h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter