Chapter 13

❣ Scars To Your Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We’re all so excited to be back! You should have come with us __________, I’m sure you would have had a great time!” Gena said, seeming sincere as she spoke so that you didn’t dare to do anything else than smile at her. For the past few hours she had been going on and on about how amazing her time had been with her parents and how great it would be for you to meet them. She was the first one to arrive back at the dorm, by now Amber and Joe had both returned as well and Sam was the only one who was still missing. As soon as they had arrived Baekhyun had disappeared into his room again, just like before they had been gone and you got the feeling that you weren’t going to see him that often anymore now that the others had returned. That was not a part of your plan, you meant to get closer to him, not for him to get further away from you again. You weren’t sure how he dealt with the story you had told him and how he thought of you now that he finally knew but you noticed that each time he stared at you there was a certain softness inside of his eyes that warmed your insides. Did he appreciate it that you had opened up to him or did he wish that he had never known? Even if that was the case then you didn’t have the guts to go over to him and ask him, surely not with the others around. They didn’t have to know what had happened between the two of you while they had been gone, and the fact that you had gotten closer was also none of their business. 

 

They would probably pester the two of you with it in some way, especially Amber. She would love this new gossip, the two outsiders who became friends. It would be the prove she needed to know that maybe Baekhyun wasn’t as gay as she thought, and you had the absolute truth for that, since when he had kissed you he had proven to you that he indeed was into girls, that maybe he was into you. That thought still made your heart contract in very strange ways. “Listen to me, going on and on about my amazing week while you were stuck here with Baekhyun. Was it bad? You probably had a very lame week, with him stuck in his room the whole time and no one else to keep you company.” You looked up at her from your spot on her bed while she grabbed another pile of shirts and walked back towards her closet to store them. You had to try very hard to bite down the grin that was threatening to appear onto your face, but you managed. Your voice sounded unchanged as you spoke up to her and you were sure she didn’t have a single clue that you were lying. “It was okay, perfect for me to get my mind in order.” You said and she shot you a sympathetic smile as she zipped up her empty suitcase and shoved it back underneath her bed. The thought that you had to face Amber soon didn’t really please you, but you knew that you’d have to bare her for a much longer time, so you better had this over with. At this point you weren’t that angry anymore, you should have expected something like that from a girl like her. 

 

“Anyway, I’ve been looking forward to  this. As soon as Sam gets back we can all go out together, honor the last night before the new semester starts. It’s going to be great!” They had set their thoughts on going out tonight as soon as they had walked through the door. You hated partying, too many people and the music mostly wasn’t even your taste. But there was no way you were going to be able to escape from this, and you were sure you weren’t the only one who would rather stay home. But Baekhyun was getting dragged along, just like you were and you were glad that at least you weren’t the only one who wouldn’t be having a good time. At least it would only be a few hours and then you would all get back to your own routines and follow your own classes so you didn’t have to see each others faces all the time, only during dinner. You only hoped that from now on you would see Baekhyun a little more and that he would stop avoiding you. Otherwise your plan for him to start trusting you would completely fail. “We should probably start getting ready, Sam will be here in a few. The last time I texted her she was already on her way back here. If we’ll be late then Amber will kill us. She hates wasting time on hanging around at home waiting for others while she can be kissing guys and getting drunk.” Gena giggled as she said it, but you could still hear that cold tone inside of your voice as she brought up your dorm mate. Until now you hadn’t had the chance to ask her, so this was the perfect opportunity.

 

“What happened between you and Amber?” You asked, and at first she still tried to send you an innocent look, as if she didn’t have any idea what you were talking about, but she wasn’t fooling you and she knew it. You could smell that kind of drama from miles away. You had already noticed something between them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter