Six

Please Take Care of My Fragile Heart [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soohyun

It's a dream. I know it has to be. I was unsure to take Mark's hand at first since he wants to be friend. I mean.. friends don't really hold hands right? That's more a of couple thing. But I couldn't help but feel my heart pound fast. I liked how his hand felt holding mine. I felt a bit nervous but everything I was thinking just washed away the moment I grabbed his hand and we started walking. 

I wasn't sure where we were going to go but I didn't want this to end. 

It felt like a dream. A dream I didn't want to wake up from.

I'm going to enjoy this right now. 

It wasn't silence for that long when Mark started talking about himself living in America before he came to South Korea to study. He told me he misses his family but he talks to them every three days and skype with them. It must be nice to have a family that loves you and always care what you are doing. I became quiet for a while as he kept talking blocking out his words. I wasn't trying to ignore it. I just wished my life was perfect like his. 

I wished I had a family who gave me love.. instead I get a mother who doesn't care at all and a step-dad who only abuses us. 

I felt a pang in my heart just thinking about it and I had forgotten that I had Mark holding my hand. I suddenly felt a pull forward and my legs dragged themselves and my chest bumped into something..more like Mark and he was looking down at me. His face was inches away from mine. I couldn't tell what he was doing. He was just looking into my eyes never taking his eyes off mine. I felt frozen in my spot and blinked at him. I felt my cheeks burning and I knew I was turning red. Great, just what I needed. 

Then I saw him smile. It gave me butterflies in my stomach. 

"When you get quiet like you did just now, don't keep it in. Talk to me ok?" he said as he kept looking at me. "I want to be your rock."

I felt confused for a moment. 

"What I mean is," he grabbed my other hand and my knuckles on both of my hands. "I want to be the person you can lean on and share things with." 

I didn't know what to say. I was lost for words but somehow my body had a mind of its own and I hugged him. I wasn't sure what got into me but I wrapped my arms around him and held him tightly. "Thank you." 

His arms wrapped around my small figure and I felt him hold me tightly. I could feel his breathing near my neck giving me chills but in a good way. I closed my eyes enjoying the moment and broke the hug. 

"Let's go, there is a park near here." I started running away from him sticking out my tongue. "Can't catch me!" 

"We'll see about that!" he shouted as he started running towards me. 

I squealed and started to pick up my pace. I kept running until I saw the park ahead of me. I dropped my bag on the bench and before I could go up the steps to the slide, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and a chuckle from the left side of my ear. 

"Gotcha!" 

I laughed. An actual laugh just came out of my mouth and I liked it. Having his arms around my waist felt like magic. I never wanted him to let go. It was just a nice feeling that I never wanted to go away. 

He held me a little bit longer and gave me a squeeze as he kept laughing even though we were both out of breath. In the end, he did let me go and I ran up the step like a little kid going down the slide and before I knew it. I saw him following me at what I did. I covered my mouth and saw him go down the slide. When he stood before me I quickly ran back to the step going up the slide again enjoying my time. 

I love this dream.

Mark

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter