Twelve

Please Take Care of My Fragile Heart [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soohyun

I wasn't sure what was wrong with me. I sighed all day and looked out the window. Then again, my life was going to be different and the past few days felt as if it didn't evven exist. How do people in my situation move on from this? Does it get better? Doest it help them be stronger? What other challenges do I have to face in order to be happy and free from pain. 

I wished I could see my own future and see what would it be like. 

Feeling guilt wash over me every five minutes made me feel sick to my stomach. I stayed on the rooftop talking to Mark telling him what happened. But the only thing I left out was my job. I couldn't have him know about it. I was scribbling on my notes adding the amount of how much my step-dad owes to his loan and if I wasn't good at math, I could finish paying it off by six months if I was lucky.

But I wasn't for sure. I wasn't sure how my paid would be or how many hours I would do. 

It was just a crazy mess. 

"Hwang Soohyun?" the teachers voice echoed around the room making me look up at him slowly. "What the answer to this problem?" 

I looked at the board not understanding anything since I wasn't paying attention. I shrugged not knowing anything. 

He sighed and put his hands on his hips. "That two detentions now. One for tomorrow." 

People in front were looking at me and were whispering around eacch other. I put my head down and went back being in my own world for now. 

Class was a bore and it took longer than I expected. Everyone got up to leave but I stayed in my spot knowing there would be no placce for me to go. The teacher stayed at his post and looked up at me. He made sure I didn't leave and waited a few more minutes for three more students coming in. I looked out the window watching everyone going home. 

How lovely. 

I bet half of the students here had good loving homes with loving parents where mine didn't care about my life. I looked away and I saw another student coming in but to my surprise, it was Mark. 

"What?" I said softly. 

He came towards me and sat down. "I uh...threw a paper ball at my friend Jackson and the teacher saw me." 

Somehow that felt like he did it on purpose just to be with me. I thought that was nice but he shouldn't be getting into trouble for me. It was wrong, plus he is a popular guy in school that girls adore. 

It just made me think why did he want to be around me for? 

I'm boring and have a lot of bagage. I sighed and he heard me, he turned to look at me and he grabbed my hand. 

I felt small tingles going up my arm has he was holding on it and then moved his fingers between mine as he rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand. My heart started to jump faster than normal and I could feel my cheeks getting hot. 

I had my hands on my lap since class was over and I wasn't sure why him holding my hand was relaxing me and making everything that was bothering me go away. 

It was a soothing feeling I wanted to keep holding onto. 

Can I keep holding onto it? 

The rest of the time during detention was nothing but silence and boring. We were dismissed an hour later from our normal release. Before I left the room, I went to the front getting my other detention slip from my teacher. 

"I'm surprised to see you getting detentions slips? You're a good student Miss Hwang." he said looking at me as he stood up. He looked behind me and I knew it was Mark

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter