Fourteen

Please Take Care of My Fragile Heart [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soohyun

There was laugther going around as Mark was chasing Byunghee around the playground and he was running as fast as he could to run away. It could have been a perfect family picture to be taken. Nothing could ruin a perfect moment like this one. 

I was smiling so much my cheeks were starting to hurt. Byunghee is such a cute little boy I even wanted to keep him for myself. I kept watching him as he ran away from Mark and then I just had to jinx it. 

Byunghee tripped falling forward and I quickly ran towards him as Mark bent down picking him up. 

"Are you ok little man?" he asked dusting off the dirt of him. "Are you hurt?" 

Byunghee shook his head. "I'm ok!" 

I bent to his level just checking for any mark that could get Daeun to yell at me for disobeying her. I sighed with relief knowing he was fine and he ran up the playground going up the steps to the slide. "Thank god." 

"Where did you find that cute guy?" Mark asked as he both moved up to stand to watch Byunghee go down the slide and then cilmb up the stairs again. 

"His mom is a friend of Jayeon and she asked me to babysit while she works. I could use some cash." I said putting my arms around myself keeping warm. The nights were becoming chilly but it was fresh. 

Mark saw my reaction and took of his dark blue and black plaid shirt. "Here." 

He placed it on my shoulders warming me up. I smiled as a thank you and watched Byunghee a few more times. He got off the slide and went to Mark pulling by the hand. "Can you push me on the swing?" 

Mark chuckled and let the little boy pull him away. 

I went to join them as I sat on the empty swing just sitting as I watched Byunghee smile with all the fun he was having. I couldn't help but wonder how was Mark so good with kids. He looked like a natural and would make a good father to someone one day. I blinked at my thoughts and felt my cheeks buring up. 

Why am I thinking that? 

Ugh.. not the time Soohyun! 

"Higher! Higher!" Byunghee shouted with glee. 

"Uh not to high, we don't want you flying off the swing and then Soohyun will really be in touble." Mark chuckled as he pushed him carefully. 

"You handle him pretty well. Is there a secret I don't know about?" I asked him with a smirk.

Mark looked down smiling. "My older brother has kids when I was younger, they were like my younger siblings. So I took care of them when he worked late and I got to play with them." 

"You have a brother?" I widen my eyes upon hearing the information. 

He nodded and continued to push Byunghee. "I also have a sister." 

"How come you don't talk about them?" I asked watching Byunghee continue to laugh. 

He shrugged his shoulders. "We live in different countries. I live here studying and they live in America with my parents." 

"Your alone?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This was a shock to me.  I was surprised for someone like him to be alone and not have anyone. "What about your friend Jackson?" 

Mark stopped pushing Byunghee and went towards me and slowly started to push me. "My parents are friends with Jackson's parents and they let us come here to study for a while as long as we stay out of trouble. It was hard at first but I've adjusted."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter