FOUR ♕

BloNote ➻ GYoon Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I used to think I'm the most blissful woman in the entire universe.

 

A clean and neat image with beautiful facial features, nice body figure (pretty decent I would say), an amiable family with wealthy background, a nice paying job. 

 

And a dashing, loving fiancé.

 

Until a car accident changes everything. 

 

Every. Single. Damn. Thing. 

 

"I want to sleep." 

 

"Come on, just eat a little will you?" 

 

I pulled the blanket over my head, my back facing him. 

 

♀♀♀♀♀

 

I don't understand. I really don't. 

 

How could a simple car accident change everything? 

 

I was barely awake when he emerged from the bathroom. I propped up against the pillows and was flicking through the travel brochures that were beside his bed. I was wearing one of his T-shirts, my long hair tousled in a way that prompted reflexive thoughts of the previous night. He was standing there, as though enjoying the brief flashback, rubbing the water from his hair with a towel. 

 

I looked up from the brochure and pouted. 

 

"Aren't you a little too old to pout?" He raised his brows mockingly. 

 

"I thought we've been going out a short enough time for it still to be cute," I pouted. 

 

"Wow. I didn't know 10 years is short for you," he came nearer, sitting on the empty space beside me. 

 

"Well, we're only engaged for a month. So I'd considered that as short," I stuck out my tongue and sat up, wrapping my arms around his waist from behind. "Yah, we're going to be able to catch the Oktoberfest right?"

 

His shirt was faintly damp against his skin. He grabbed a comb from the bedside table and ran it through his hair, switched on his mobile phone, wincing at the list of messages that immediately pushed its way through on to the little screen.

 

"Uhm," he answered half-heartedly. "Got to go. Breakfast is on the table already."

 

He gave me a full kiss and I inhaled. He smelt warm and perfumed and... deeply y. 

 

"God damn. You make me want to head back to bed right now," he inhaled the scent from the back of my hair and I briefly lost my train of thought as I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down towards the bed naughtily.

 

"Yah yah. You want to attend the Oktoberfest right? Don't seduce me, you little minx," he chuckled, extricating himself reluctantly and pinched my nose affectionately.

 

"Right," I giggled and gave him a kiss. "See you tonight then?" 

 

"Noon, you blurhead. We're going to try the gown and tux remember? You've to get up now. You too have a business appointment at 9 right?" 

 

"SHOOT!" I jumped out of the bed and rushed into the bathroom. "I hate you Kwon Jiyong!" 

 

"Remember to feed yourself first before you leave the house!"

 

His chuckles lingered in the air as he left our apartment. 

 

I could remember every single detail of that morning; how he looked, how he smelt, how we interacted. 

 

But everything that happened next was an utter blur to me. 

 

All I knew was that I grabbed the breakfast he had prepared and left the house in a rush. 

 

It was pouring that morning, probably a warning sign to my impending doom. I was fighting with the torrential rain, cursing away about how my Volkswagen decided to fail on me out of all the other days. I stumbled out into the rain with my pathetic umbrella and was obviously drenched from head to toe when the strong gust of wind blew by. I tried to hail a cab and when I finally caught one's attention on the opposite side of the road, I ran across the street. 

 

And that few meters away turned out to be the gravest mistake I have ever made. 

 

Everything happened too quickly. 

 

All I knew was that my handbag and umbrella flew into the air, I saw blinding flashes of light, heard the rain, felt the rain from my head to toe, felt the excruciating pain. 

 

And then saw a pitch black darkness.

 

♀♀♀♀♀

 

I couldn't walk ever since. 

 

The doctor said that I was lucky that I could still survive despite this serious car accident. 

 

I didn't think I was lucky; I thought I was better off dead. 

 

A clean and neat image with beautiful facial features? Yupps. Still there after a month of recuperating, the scars healing. But the beautiful facial features were no longer radiant.

 

Nice body figure? Yupps. Still there. But the pair of legs that allured so many thousands of guys could no longer do her charm.

 

An amiable family with wealthy background? Yupps. Still there. But whenever they see me now, they can't help but turn their back on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter