THIRTY-FIVE ♔

BloNote ➻ GYoon Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Honey, are you feeling okay?"

 

Before she could reply, the nausea had once again clawed at and she lurched forward to the toilet bowl, spewing out the chunks of partially digested chicken that she had for breakfast. That continued on for a couple of moments and by the end of another wave, her face was white and dripping sweat and tears as she sunk to her knees.

 

"Try it yourself. Try having your throat sore from the stomach acid that was layering it and your mouth having the constant taste of vomit," she heaved scornfully. "Oh, and that pungent stench that invade your nostrils every single damn time. Tell me whether you feel okay after having all those."

 

"I know I know," I brought her a glass of warm water and rubbed her back gently, hoping to provide some solace. "I know it's hard on you. I read the book, it'll be like that for the first trimester. It'll get better."

 

"The ob-gyn said my situation is worse than others,"she took a sip of the water. "For all you know, people take a trimester while I would take four to five months to get over this."

 

"Hey hey, the book also says that pregnant ladies need to have high spirits at all times," I smiled, helping her up and tidied her hair. "You're still very gorgeous, Im Yoona. We'll get through this."

 

"Kwon Ji Yong with his glib tongue," she finally let out a defeated smile. "Alright. The others are coming soon, I need to start preparing the food." 

 

"I'll help you!"

 

"I think you'll tire me out more!" 

 

♂♂♂♂♂

 

"Yoong! Look at you, having the pregnant lady glow~" 

 

It was our annual Christmas gathering and this year was to be held at my place. The first pair to arrive was of course, Mr. and Mrs. Dong. 

 

"No oppa, that's just sweat. Sweat from throwing up all morning."

 

Young Bae turned and raised his brows at me, to which I responded, mouthing, "moodswings."

 

Hyo Rin noona went ahead to the kitchen with Yoona to help her out while Young Bae and I headed to the dining area to set the table. 

 

"So, I guess Yoong is having a hard time?"

 

"Yeahs, her morning sickness is serious. Be careful of what you eat  if you're going near her. The moment she smell anything chicken or fish-alike within a yard, it would revolt her."

 

"That sounds really bad and she's still not planning to stop working? It still amazes me on how she can hide her pregnancy from the company and the filming set."

 

"Beats me either," I shrugged. "I guess the fact that she hadn't put on much weight helps a lot. You remember how her face never bloats the next day even after a bowl of ramen the night before? That's exactly the same situation now I guess. Her tummy still isn't obvious despite two months and since her character happens to be wearing all the baggy clothes, she can easily pull it off."

 

"Man, I'm so jealous of you Ji," Young Bae shook his head with a weak smile. "You guys are grumbling about morning sickness and hiding the pregnancy news, while here we are, trying to have one freaking baby." 

 

"Hey," I patted his shoulder. "You guys will get there, don't fret. You and Hyo Rin noona are both nice people, you'll be rewarded."

 

"I know how everyone has different problems, like you and Yoona, still trying to conceal your relationship to the whole world, but damn Ji, I really want a kid," Young Bae sighed. 

 

Truth was, Young Bae and Hyo Rin noona had been trying to have a kid, which explained the reason why the couple had been on a hiatus the moment Young Bae was discharged from army. However, they hadn't been having much luck sadly. I guess having a child is really like a gift from God, some people tried their might and couldn't have it, while others who didn't want it or weren't planning it, received it so easily. 

 

"And you'll have it," I replied. "Keep your expression. I know you're getting impatient but don't pressurised your wife. Everyone knows how tough this road is for you guys but bro, don't lose faith. Isn't it what you always tell me? You're always the positive one among us, always seeing the good in everything. Maybe the time is not right for you guys now. Hell, I'm very sure mine isn't a good timing now but oh well, let's deal with it one step at a time."

 

"Thanks man," he finally broke into a warm smile and punched my arm. "You better not let Yoona overheard the last sentence."

 

"What are you guys talking about?" The ladies came from the kitchen, bringing the food out.

 

"N-Nothing! Just talking about what wine TOP hyung would bring this year." We turned around quickly, coming out with an excuse.

 

"Aishhh! I won't even get to drink this year!" Yoona pouted. "Alcohol should be banned today!"

 

We laughed at her bitterness and with that, the doorbell rang. 

 

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" 

 

♂♂♂♂♂

 

"Yoong, you're pregnant and yet still cook up such scrumptious meal for us!"

 

"Awww, I'm only pregnant for god's sake! Don't treat me like I'm h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter