TWENTY-TWO ♕

BloNote ➻ GYoon Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you so much!" I beamed, giving a firm handshake to the agent. "I'm so sorry that you have to meet at such timing."

 

"It's my pleasure." The agent returned the handshake and gave a polite smile. "I'll get going now. Do you need a ride?"

 

He asked for the sake of asking anyway, not habouring any hope that this idol would take his car. I saw his gaze glancing towards a black Aventador that was parked at the roadside and realising that the engine was ignited. The window was tinted, hence there was no way he could see through to know if the owner was waiting for me or just waiting for someone else. He looked at me, hoping that I could at least gave a sign or hint, but obviously, I would be doing none of that. 

 

"It's okay. I drove here remember?" I declined politely. 

 

"Right," the agent chuckled embarrassingly, finding his suspicion absurd I guess. "See you, Yoona-sshi."

 

We parted ways and I headed to my car, getting it and igniting the engine. I stayed in the car for awhile, waiting for him to move out. Realising that he was waiting for me to go first as a gentleman act, I smiled and put down the handbrake, driving passed him and wound down my window. 

 

"Thank you once again, Minseok-sshi." 

 

Driving out of the vicinity and into the main road, that agent's car was finally gone. I sighed and made a U-turn, turning back to where I had came from. I parked my car at the same place and turned off the engine, heading towards the Aventador. I opened the door without alerting the driver and as expected, the door was unlocked. 

 

"Noona, I'm coming back!" The driver was on a video call. "Don't destroy my paintings!" 

 

"We'll start doodling on your painting or chair or sofa for every additional minute you let us wait," the person on the other end announced. "Bbyong~" 

 

And she ended the call just like that.

 

"Can you believe that she's near her forties already and married? She still acts like a kid!" The driver turned to me and grumbled. "If anything happens to my poor babies, you're going to have to foot the bill, Im Yoona."

 

"You would have to pay for my petrol first. Oh, and the towing fee later. They charge extra for midnight towing," I answered. 

 

"Yah, you can afford a 12.5 billion won building but have to ask me for petrol fee?" The driver chuckled in disbelief. "Besides, I'm treating you to a free meal, girl." 

 

"Says the one who bought a 9 billion won PENTHOUSE but can't afford to treat me to a proper restaurant meal even though he lost the bet," I snorted. "I can't believe you're that stingy, sunbae~"

 

He rolled his eyes at that remark, defending himself. "Technically, it can be still counted as a restaurant since I ordered catering." 

 

"But we're having dinner with your parents and sister. Oh, and your brother-in-law!" I shrieked in exasperation.

 

"What's wrong with that? It's not like you've never seen them before." He asked, not finding any issue with that.

 

"On parents' day," I added.

 

"And? I thought your dad is out of town. He had a change of schedule and came back?"

 

I gave up, knowing perfectly that there was no point arguing with this man. "Yah, do you want to take a look at this new building?" 

 

"Wae? Seeking advices from the designer?" He smirked, raising his brows at me. 

 

"Getting advices from the property guru," I rolled my eyes at his teasings. "So do you want to take a look or not?" 

 

"I thought you'd never ask~" He turned off his engine, getting down.

 

"Oh wait. Aren't we already running late for the dinner? The one who called was Dami unnie right?"

 

"Yeahs, we're already late. Doesn't matter for that additional half hour," he shrugged. 

 

"I'm not paying for any damages to your penthouse, Kwon Ji Yong," I said seriously, knowing perfectly what his sister was capable of. "I saw unnie's Instagram update with your standing lamp."

 

"Yes yes." 

 

"Nor your artworks!" I added quickly.

 

"Yes! Are we going or not? You're getting very naggy Im Yoona!" 

 

"Hey, I was just trying to play safe! I've debts to-" 

 

He closed the door before I could even finish my sentence. 

 

"To pay now."

 

Pfttt.

 

♀♀♀♀♀

 

"So, any advices from the guru?" I asked as I let ourselves into the building. 

 

"Looks pretty decent," he acted like an expert, walking around and touring while I followed behind him. "You can remove this wall actually, seems redundant, orrrr you can paint on it." 

 

He gave an excited boyish grin while I rolled my eyes at his response, "I'm not artistic and I do not appreciate art like you do." 

 

"Who says you're painting? I'll be the one painting. Your artistic skills is way too amateur," he commented crudely.

 

"I'm selling this building away, Ji Yong-sshi," I rebutted. "It's not for staying purpose." 

 

"Even better. Leasing out the unit and getting G-Dragon's wall painting as an additional gift or, with this, you can mark up your lease price by at least 5% more."

 

"You're Kwon Ji Yong, not Leonardo Da Vinci," I shook my head and laughed in disbelief. "Someone's getting more and more into painting that he's losing his mind~" 

 

"Yah, I'm just trying to help," he pouted. 

 

"Thanks oppa~ I know, but I got it all settled," I became prim and proper as I linked my arm around his, trying to appease him. "Thanks for the agent recommendation though. He's really professional and gentleman I must add. Thanks to him, I had to drive a big round to shake him off." 

 

"Finally this little brat is conveying her thanks?" He broke into a smile almost immediately, pinching my nose affectionately. "Yupps, I used this company for all my properties dealings. Didn't know about this agent though. He probably saw that you're Im Yoona and decided to be extra gentlemanly or simply, he's just fishing for gossips."

 

I had initially wanted to use Daesung oppa's agent but after knowing about his building scandal, Ji Yong oppa made it a point to introduce me to another agent because he said that it was an unnecessary risk to take. Poor Daesung oppa even got reprimanded and nagged by him even after I explained I was the one who asked him to introduce some property agent to me. In Daesung oppa's defence, that incident was a really unfortunate thing to happen and from then on, if any of us want to buy property, we'd consult Ji Yong oppa for contacts.

 

"I think he'd earned enough commission for this deal," I laughed. "Don't think he'd need to sell this piece of gossip to the tabloid."

 

"Money is never enough," he answered. "If it is, I wouldn't have lost that bet to you."

 

"Oh rightttt. I told you that your penthouse news would be leaked within a week! You were still so confident that it would be concealed for at least two weeks!"

 

"I paid extra for discretion you know!" He grunted. "Thought I could give it a shot. What's the streak again?" 

 

"30 to 18; I'm winning so effortlessly it's getting boring, oppa,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter