Momentary Bliss (Kinda)

I Think We Fell In Love


 

mxFExq3CMXPMbsG2vuBKZXDNHHGykVTuKF-UQgxD3MR1caB1l_p6gMZGk9rNWfyScdJml2iPR1wpk2rNuRPvbUa3Dhc85sRvD7cbfEHvcd8kPisQNv3jlan4wSVC5qIHvNVTSems



 

“This is amazing Devan! You’ve really thought everything through.” Ten said in awe, as he looked over Devan’s plans.

“Yeah. I really want this night to go perfect.” Devan sighed with a small smile.

“Of course it will.” Ten said putting down her notes and grabbing her hand.

“It really means a lot to me. With having friends that were adopted. Think of what Len’s gone through to take down her boss, she has her own kids to protect but that didn’t stop her from putting herself on the line to potentially save hundreds of kids from falling into that trap. Guk has always been fond of the idea of adoption, he even visits the kids as often as he can… and Destynee… she’s literally been in these kids' position….. I just want to raise awareness… I want to help.” Devan said, laying her head on Ten’s chest.

“And you are. I am so happy I fell in love with a woman with such a warm heart.”

“You love me?” Devan asked, surprised, never taking her head off his chest.

“I do. I love you. I love you a lot. I’m not sure how it happened. Or when. But it did. You’re the best thing that ever happened to me. You’ve changed me. Looking back, I can’t believe how self centered and rude I was. Leaving the country without a word... without a care. I can’t imagine doing anything that could potentially take me away from you….Devan… Move in with me.”

“Ten… that’s a big step for me…” Devan said, lifting herself off his chest.

“I know but that’s how serious I am about you. I love you. One day I want to put a ring on your finger, if you’ll let me.” Ten staring down into Devan’s eyes.

“Tell me you aren’t proposing…”

“If I do anything properly it’ll be proposing but for now I just want us to enjoy being together..” Ten said before placing a kiss on her forehead.

“I’ll move in with you.” Devan said with a smile.

“I’m not forcing you too.”

“I know. I want to.” Devan said as her smile grew deeper before she passionately kissed Ten.

 

wbUFxcbZaxqBzxhINP8OfTxLl3o4E10jA08cgijbdLMHQk2mznwOAFnexA0qXUnVCxNhaoT3dMugYmpXs73NHG_Vp9b6pCwoVyV4T0N6gTbdRFer4bprHnDofFs3i4KUyD1S_fd6

 

2JgDCEcpvzlvJVk0DS7PxlgJuONxzWrjEJsuXxn_DDH1ytmZ3a-yHyzpGws8w6FLHhMdmWWI1AIp7_UV4G34HzMRuctLtiZkxY_MyT7rZU8-JKuzgIVCBTIafHhHzGAycpscEyWf

 

“This place is cute..” Lennox smiled as she looked around the restaurant.

“I thought with how much you love Italian this would be a nice place to come.”

“Italian huh? So then this must be a serious talk. No one ever just takes me for Italian.” Lennox laughed as the waiter came and took their order.

“Sooo...um… I wanted to apologize.”

“For?” Lennox asked with a raised eyebrow.

“The whole incident. I know you said it wasn’t my fault but I still can’t help but feel like if I had noticed the changes in you sooner maybe things wouldn’t have turned out like this…”

Lennox sighed.

“I can’t make you not feel guilty. I don’t blame you and neither do the kids. I trusted Yoongi and kept everything a secret. If it’s anyone’s fault it’s mine. If I had set everything between me and Sungjoon in stone maybe things wouldn’t have turned out this way, but I can only be grateful for the way things turned out.”

“You’re grateful that we had a car accident? You’re grateful that you’ve not only been physically abused but ually and mentally as well?!” Heedo asked, genuinely surprised at Lennox’s answer.
“Yeah. i mean if my life didn’t go the way it did i wouldn’t have Phi, or my friends, and i also would’nt have you and Jaein. it feels like i was ment to meet you. Meeting each other has done us some good, especially as parents.”
Heedo opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed it as the server came with their food.
“Mhhh. It smells amazing.” Lennox smiled before almost digging in when she realized she hadn’t taken a picture of the food yet.
Heedo watched as Lennox rearranged their table of food for the perfect picture.
He loved how her fingers looked so delicate as she carefully moved the hot plates.
He loved how her eyebrows furrowed in concentration.
He loved how she had included him in her life.
He loved how she treated Jaein like her own blood.
He loved how her brown eyes sparkled in the sun light.
But really…
He just loved her….
“Aren’t you going to try some?” Lennox asked as she finished a spoon full of pasta.
“Ahhh… yeah…”

The pair ate mostly in silence aside from the few others bustling around the restaurant.

“Can you make time for me Sunday?” Heedo asked, breaking their silence.

“Sure, I’m sure Jay won’t mind an extra day with Phi and Jaein.” Lennox smiled. “You know,even though we started rough and rushed into a marriage, I’m glad that we can be friends.”

“Me too.” Heedo said trying to mask the hurt he felt hearing the word friends leave out . “I’m glad we’re just friends.”


wbUFxcbZaxqBzxhINP8OfTxLl3o4E10jA08cgijbdLMHQk2mznwOAFnexA0qXUnVCxNhaoT3dMugYmpXs73NHG_Vp9b6pCwoVyV4T0N6gTbdRFer4bprHnDofFs3i4KUyD1S_fd6

 

FWnMeTYrEzlYpgpRm2zaujFJ3F-tnkFOJBPOstGa53eNEIFJRY9DDmpQ6naTUanF3fvJjXRmcHTyc82QV8ctMjzLSwMigLW5bpSiOOfmLKJgjHkyFHVCEBTA94wYT29sEtfM-tXm

 

“All right, spill.” Tarren spoke as she sat down on the soft carpet.

“What are you talking about?” Destynee questioned as she placed the baby clothes on hangers.

“Im thankful for the help since guk is away on business but you’ve literally been here every day this week.”

“Can’t I just keep an eye on my pregnant best friend?”

“Ohhhh yeah. Spill it.”

“Fine. Jiyong and I had .” Destynee confessed as she placed the clothes in the closet so she would have to look Tarren in the face.

“Shut up! You did not?”

“We were both drunk. Me more than him because I had an early start. It was the day before he and the guys would be leaving for filming. And I don’t know one thing led to another and it just happened.”

“Okay. So do you regret letting it happen?”

“Surprisingly, I don’t. But it feels wrong. I can’t get it out of my head that this was all a deal. It was my job to date him. It was my job to help him get a better image for the public. It wasn’t my job to actually fall in love. And I know that he loves me. I do, but I just can’t shake this feeling that everything will be pulled from beneath me. My job is done so I should leave right?!”

“Oh Nee.” Tarren cried as she pulled a sobbing Destynee to her. “You don’t have to leave. You love him and he loves you. Things didn’t work out with Namjoon and now you have this alarm in your brain saying that the same thing will happen again, but it won’t. Jiyong is different from Namjoon and I know you see it. You just need to talk to him. I’m sure you’ve never made it crystal clear how you feel and that’s what you should do. Take all the time you need but don’t wait too long otherwise something can't be fixed.”

“So what about you?” Destynee asked, pulling away from Tarren sniffling.
“What about me?”

“Have you worked things out with guk?”

“Ahhh…. we really only talk concerning the baby which is a step in the right direction seeing as he didn’t want the baby. He’s actually excited for her to come now.”

“So you haven’t asked him to get back with you?”

“No. I don’t want to force him.”

“You can’t force someone who’s in love to do something. You and Guk, you were a couple any of us could look up too. Even Lennox. She always hoped that even though her life never worked out the way she planned, she always hoped she’d meet someone who would treat her like Guk.”

“I-” Tarren I opened up but quickly shut it when she felt a contraction sweep her body.

“Are you okay?” Destynee asked, concerned.

“Yeah. I’ve just been having a lot of Braxton Hicks lately.”

“Are you sure they’re Braxton Hicks?”

“Yeah. I even had Wonjun check.”

“Wow. I can’t believe you’re gonna have a baby.”

“I know. It still feels surreal. Sometimes I get scared. I would have never gotten an abortion but what if something happens to me? Or the baby? Even though he’s excited, I know in the back of his mind he’s still thinking that something can happen.”

“Well have you made plans in case something happens?”

“I wanted to. I even tried to write it out, but it was emotionally draining to think of a world where I die. Guk remarries and carries on like I never existed. Some other woman being called mom by my baby.”

“As hard as that is to think about, Lennox had to go through those same fears.”

“We are different.”

“No. You’re both similar. For starters you’re both sisters. You’re both mothers. You both have daughters. You both have warm hearts even though you both appear to be cold. And more recently, you’ve had to worry about the future of your kids. Think about it, who best knows how to handle living in Korea with a daughter that has already faced racism and will continue to for the rest of her life? Lennox. And how amazing would it be for your daughter to have Phoenix as a protector, a guide to life she’s already going through.”

“I’ll think about it okay. It really depends on how this family meeting goes Saturday.” Tarren sighed.

“Just go into it with an open mind is all any of us is asking.”

“I promise.”

“Good. Now let’s get you on a couch with your feet propped up and a bowl of froyo to watch some movies with.” Destynee said with a smile as she helped Tarren to her feet and out of the baby’s nursery.


A/N:
Hey loves!  I hope everyones staying healthy and safe. I hope you guys enjoy these semi romantic moments. (im trying yall) and whats that? a nice tarren? she has a heart yall. Thank you all for waiting for updates and continuing to support this story. See you all next update.