Family Affairs

I Think We Fell In Love

 

“I think you should still go Len.”

“I’m not leaving my daughter Jay.”

“She’ll be fine for a few hours without you.”

“That’s what you said before she fell off a chair and got hurt. I’m means seriously Jay. Is Hyolyn such a priority that you would neglect our daughter? How many hold in’s did it take before she decided that she’d just get the cup herself?”

“I said I’m sorry.”

“Sorry isn’t good enough! We’re her parents! We’re supposed to protect her. What if it wasn’t just a fall off a chair?! What if glass or a knife fell? What if the dog attacked her? What if she actually walked right out that door?”

Tension hung in the air, neither say a word. Lennox trying to cool off before she woke Phoenix and Jay trying to gather something to say.

“I know I’m sorry isn’t enough, but that’s all I have to say.”

“What is your relationship with Hyolyn?”

“....We’re dating…”

“Has she met Phoenix?”

Jay stayed quite.

“Let me rephrase the question then. Has she been in this house at the same time as my daughter?”

“....yes…”

“Are you ing nuts!? How dare you bring some random woman you’ve known all of 5 minutes around my daughter?!”

“She’s my daughter too!”

“Then act like it! I’m putting so much effort into being in her life, making up for every lost milestone, every moment, and you’ve stopped caring?! When did we get like this Jay? Fighting all the time, so much anger and hostility.”

“Lennox…. I think I owe you an apology.”

“And I owe you one. If I had never been out with Guk, we wouldn’t be sitting here now. You lost a friend because of me.”

“And you lost your family, friends, and your youth. But you also gave me an indescribable love for our daughter. I know we haven’t been on the best of terms, but I do care about your wellbeing. Let’s get back on the same page, for Phi. No more arguing, no more blame, no more custody battles. I’ll sign so that it’s 50/50, I just want us to get back to a family.”

“Yeah…. i'd like that.” Lennox smiled.

“Then let's start with going to this party. I know this super cute little girl that loves matching with her mother.” Jay suggested.

“I don’t know. That seems like a lot of drama waiting to happen.” Lennox sighed.

“We’re going to go. We’re gonna show your parents that we’re good, Phi’s good, and that we’re family goals.”

“I never thought I’d hear you say we’re family goals.” Lennox chuckled.

“We’ll we are and it starts by showing out. So you go take a shower and I’m going to do Phi’s hair.”

“You’re going to do Phi’s hair?” Lennox asked skeptically.

“Well I’m gonna try.”

“Don’t touch my baby’s hair.” Lennox laughed, as she and Jay headed to Phoenix’s room.


 

pLLYfqjTQfV5PJU0Pz3yvoh8VIgynZAk7PdMnGdqH22ji-cPKF0WUqLbAS5_Pz6q-i70su-nfUA4b3ZA_-yUAenK9OpkcOEGNkuXBsiwfchlAIEwOV7NCkm2SHRYdw7LqH3ihZEr

tT8ZStWPkPK6__KuqA22iNcm_TMAB4YJJfDjng_Fetn91xSxGfPygafbhGO0NBmu6WMJRDrr_LrgfEJ73FcDThEGVwrzMaU0AEd_Y8X4VyYv56TiqJ6NZAN9IiZxy-dlMlJsKHAd

 

“I have to say you’ve out done yourself, Tar.”

“Thanks.” Tarren said as she gave Destynee a hug. “You look amazing but you’d look even better if you had come with Jiyong.”

A3dDLfPgU-otVCaEWbJYoExwzelb3_JpuUawQULdCrGVtHNI70PWGUFboHJ7RZqnLL_RFDTiMnEBZf6pb7ya95OgpoCtYN1DyUBxn869HM1fU-y5m6Ioai_ychd7T_0wlTo_XpUM

 

“After last night's dinner he decided it would be best if he stayed home.”

“That bad?”

Destynee sighed. “I’m still trying to wrap my mind around a lot of things that were said.”

“Anything I should know?”

“No. Nothing, besides you’ve got your own troubles. Like trying to get divorced. What the hell is that all about?” Destynee asked with her arms crossed.

“Not with my parents here. Besides, this has been a long time coming.”

“So Lennox was the cherry on top or were you just using this situation as your way out the relationship?”

“Darling, we need you for the family picture before all the other guest arrive.”

“You’re going to take a family picture without Lennox and Phoenix?”

“We’re are not that it’s any of your concern young lady.”

“Destynee. And it should be someone’s concern. I can see we’re Tarren gets her disheartening attitude from. I’m going to find Dev, have fun with you’re incomplete family picture.”

“She’s pleasant.”

“She’s just really protective. She’s adopted, so she’s really into the value of family.”

“I’m sure she’s a lovely young lady, maybe next time we meet it won’t involve that other daughter of mines.”

“Let’s just go take the picture mom. You know how dad gets if he has to wait to long, and it’s already hard enough to get Jr to smile.” Tarren spoke as she lead her mother off to find their family.

 

jKSUWbCaUPwpVhJNKhrt3MIM_fXx1K0d2BS3F13f42tKixcRQMdfFFFcg-6UvX-l12a1EW0E0tD563vq4kll8rVAuRoSHDWbhs-Z96sD7k16dSY0SANbvJDhV3vrSpYH1dvokC_G

“The plan is going fine. He’s sooooo whipped, and I’m loving every minute of it.”

“You can’t really fall for this guy.”

“I know.”

“I mean it Devan.  You’re telling me how in love he is with you, but you’re not telling me any of the next step of the plan.”

“Because I don’t want you involved. If it backfires I could go to jail. Get that through your head, I love you and all but an orange jumpsuits isn’t going to make you look any better.”

“I don’t know. Orange might be in his color pallet.” Destynee laughed as she took a seat at the table.

“I didn’t know you were coming?”

“And miss this family show, no way.”

“You must have met Mrs.Vaughn.”

“How is it that a parent can’t even acknowledge their birth child?”

“If I’ve learned anything being friends with Lennox and Tarren, then it would be that that family is hella complex. I wouldn’t worry about it too much though, Lennox and Tarren are big girls, they’ll figure it out.”

“I’m going to get get us some drinks.” Minsu said, quickly escaping the table.

“He seems irritated.”

“It’s nothing to worry your pretty self about. Although, have you seen Guk and Tarren?”

“Yeah, their taking a family picture.”

“No. I mean have you really looked at them. They seem so distant.”

“I’m sure that’s what divorce does to you.”

“They’re getting divorced?”

Devan and Destynee turned around to see a stunned Lennox, standing beside Jay who was holding Phoenix.

“Lennox! I thought you weren’t coming?” Devan said standing from her chair to take Phoenix from Jay.

“I wasn’t, Jay convinced me otherwise.”

“That’s nice of you. Although, I’m not entirely sure it’s a good idea. I saw your mom earlier and she didn’t seem the warmest when I brought your name into the conversation.”

“Then I’m sure she’d love to see my face instead. If you excuse me I have a family to piss off.” Lennox laughed as she left the table.

“Have a seat, Jay.” Destynee said, noticing him awkwardly standing.

“Oh… yeah….”

“So who’s Indra was it for the mother - daughter outfit?” Destynee asked.

 

P4hH_Ie3xes24y41gXfMAwJH9oRv9ejy0nVBdGW1IVcwP2lqyTyW2hOVJtmo2o4bFu8o1OlmVE8nh3lB0TIoHqOvnPzwwXpOZWfqDC2txMdJtIyz7qEMIibXw5Wm6o9rir0vmxvr

 

 



 

“Mines.” Jay laughed. “I remember Phi saying she wanted to dress like her mom, I just figured this was a good time for it.”

“Okay. Why are you being so nice? You haven’t been nice to Len the entire time she’s been here.”

“I know. And I’ve apologized for it. I know that sorry isn’t enough but we’ve talk and we’re giving things a fresh start. A fresh start to be friends, to be better parents. It’s not us suffering, it Phi.”

“How big of you to think of it that way. I’m sure that’s a relief for Lennox.” Devan spoke, still playing with Phoenix.

“It seems so, I just hope being here doesn’t set her back. I recognize all the work she’s doing to be a better person and have everything together, but her family, her family sets her back every time.”

“That’s the struggle of having family values.” Destynee sighed.


 

jKSUWbCaUPwpVhJNKhrt3MIM_fXx1K0d2BS3F13f42tKixcRQMdfFFFcg-6UvX-l12a1EW0E0tD563vq4kll8rVAuRoSHDWbhs-Z96sD7k16dSY0SANbvJDhV3vrSpYH1dvokC_G

 

“1. 2. 3. Smile.” The photographer yelled before snapping the picture. “Great! I think is the best one yet.”

“Yeah really heartwarming.” Lennox spoke as she moved from behind the photographer.

“Len! I didn’t think you were coming.” Yongguk said, making his way to hug her.

“And miss this family gathering. Although, it seems I’ve missed the family picture.”

“Shouldn’t you be at home with your daughter?”

“Don’t worry Tar. She’s here, safely, with her father.” Lennox smirked.

“You brought Jay too?”

“Yeah, you both should talk. He’s with Dev and Nee.”

Yongguk excused himself from the growing tension, leaving the family to themselves.

“So you’re still with him?” Michael, Lennox’s brother asked.

“We’re not together, we’re co-parenting.”

“That’s wonderful. That’s what any child should have.”

“How’s Aiden doing?”

“No lie, it’s been rough. He really loved her. I really loved her, so it’s just been a day by day sorta thing.”

“Well I don’t know how long you’re planning to stay in Korea, but I’m sure Phi would love the chance to meet her cousin. I can watch them both and you can have some alone time.” Lennox offered.

“That won’t be necessary.” Lennox’s mother spoke. “There’s no need for you to watch another child when you can barely watch the one you have, no need to injure my grandson.”

The genuine smile on Lennox’s face quickly turned into one of bitterness.

“My daughter is doing just fine, not that you would know.”

“I don’t want to know, but from what I’ve heard from Tarren, I know enough.”

“Is that so? I hope you’ve been telling her the truth.”

“Why would I lie? I have no need to lie, especially not you’re poor decisions in life.”

“Hmmm. Then I’m sure mom and dad are thrilled about the divorce.”

“What divorce?”

“What is she talking about Tarren?” Mrs. Vaughn asked.

“How did you-”

“Know? Word travels fast in this circle. I think I see Yoongi, I’m going to talk to him. You all enjoy the rest of your night.” Lennox said as she walked off, leaving a seething Tarren and two confused parents.

 

jKSUWbCaUPwpVhJNKhrt3MIM_fXx1K0d2BS3F13f42tKixcRQMdfFFFcg-6UvX-l12a1EW0E0tD563vq4kll8rVAuRoSHDWbhs-Z96sD7k16dSY0SANbvJDhV3vrSpYH1dvokC_G


 

“Do you mind watching her, Destynee? I want to talk to Jay, if that’s okay.”

“I’d be honored to watch her. In fact, we should go ahead and save her mother from if that’s even possible.” Destynee laughed. “Come on Phi, Let’s go find mommy.”

Destynee helped Phoenix safely get down safely from her chair and the two left the grown men to talk.

“It been awhile. You look good man.” Jay said as Yongguk sat in Destynee’s old chair.

“You too. I see you’ve been doing big things with AOMG.”

“I can say the same for you. You’re an amazing producer. A lot of my artists are dying to work with you.”

“I’m sure we can make that happen.” Yongguk laughed.

“I’m sorry. When you said stay away from Len, I should have listened.”

“If we’re being honest, at that time in Len’s life, even if you did stay away, she would have pursued you if she wanted too.”

“Still, I ruined a good friendship and a family.”

“That family was already ruined. The issue lies deeper than Lennox become a teen mother. Lennox and Tarren have their issues. Lennox and her parents have theirs. There’s also things they don’t talk about, things Lennox doesn’t know.”

“I know a lot more than everyone thinks.” Lennox said as she walked up to the table. “I hope your both getting your friendship back on track.”

“It’ll be back where it was in no time.” Yongguk smiled.

“Where’s Destynee and Phi?” Jay asked.

“I don’t know. Remember, I left them with you.”

“They went to find you, so that the two of us could talk.” Yongguk answered.

“After the little family chat I snuck off and had a talk with Yoongi.” Lennox shrugged.

“Yoongi? Isn’t he the chief of police? Why are you talking to a police officer Lennox?”

“Chill Jay. Yoongi is a very good friend, who has gotten me out of a lot of sticky situations. It’s was nothing more than catching up.” Lennox’s assured the two males.

“Hey Len. I have someone I want you to meet.” Michael said as he came up to the table with his son.

“Oh my! Look at this cutie.” Lennox cooed over her nephew. “He looks just like you Michael.”

“I’ll take that as a complement.”

“I’m gonna go grab Phi from Destynee.” Yongguk said quickly.

“He seems antsy.” Michael commented.

“Well besides the normal drama that goes on between me and Tarren, he also has to deal with the fact that she’s ending the relationship solely because she wants a child.”

“That’s the reason?”

“Yeah. I feel really bad for Guk. He loves her, would love to have a baby together, but he cares more about her health than she does.”

“Maybe since I’m staying in Seoul for a while, I can talk her out of it….”

“You’re going to be staying here?” Lennox asked excitedly.

“I figured me and Aiden could use a vacation and then Destynee asked me to help oversee her office space with her. Besides I think it’s time for some much needed family bonding. If not us elders, then for the kids.”

“I’d love that.” Lennox smiled as Guk returned with Phoenix.

 

jKSUWbCaUPwpVhJNKhrt3MIM_fXx1K0d2BS3F13f42tKixcRQMdfFFFcg-6UvX-l12a1EW0E0tD563vq4kll8rVAuRoSHDWbhs-Z96sD7k16dSY0SANbvJDhV3vrSpYH1dvokC_G

 

“You know you could just go over there instead of standing all the way over here.” Devan told Tarren and they watched Lennox and Michael take pictures of their children together.

“How does she get to smile, when she’s ruining my life?”

“It’s not her fault you asked for a divorce. Seriously, how long did you think you could hide that from your parents?”

“You guys are just like my parents. Nagging me about what I’ve done wrong. They actually want to apologize to him, because they think I’ve done wrong. What about my happiness?”

“Do you really think this is the best way to go about it?” Devan asked skeptically. “Everyone wants happiness, but never the pain. If you want to see a rainbow, you need a little rain.” Devan spoke quietly before turning in the opposite direction.

“She’s right you know. I’ll always tell you when you’re wrong, and Tarren you in the wrong.” Destynee said walking towards the table.

With closed fists, Tarren watched from afar as her family and friends laughed together.

“You’re happiness won’t last forever. It never does…..”



 

A/N: Y’all I’m tired, but I promised a chapter so here it is! It’s was supposed to be waaaaay more drama, but it turned out so….calm? The next chapter should focus more on Devan and her relationship with Ten. I promise the next chapter will have so much drama, it might even be deadly….. Any way shout out to ChoizaSsul, sisdels, and Hunhan4ever234 for subbing. It means a lot that people are still subscribing to my story. Anyway, I’ll let y’all get back to normal lives and I’ll see y’all next update.