Steps in the right direction?

I Think We Fell In Love

Related image

 

“Lennox, the board has decided it would be best to end our relationship here. Your relationship to Tarren aside, your individual reviews aren’t the best. Even though you've been here three years, you would still be considered a novice in some areas.” The chairman spoke buttoning up his jacket.

“I understand. Thank you very much for this opportunity. I hope that you’ll give Devan the score that she deserves.” Lennox bowed before walking out of the boardroom.

“So how’d it go?” Sungjoon asked as soon as Lennox shut the door.

“Obviously I’ve been dismissed. I’m sure they’ll give Devan the proper grade.”

“They dismissed you? But you loved being around patients.”

“That doesn’t mean I loved being here. A big weight has been lifted now that I don’t have worry about keep up appearance for Tarren’s sake.”

“Have you tried talking to Tarren?”

“Nope. I don’t plan to either. I’m more trouble than i'm worth she says, I won’t bother her.”

“What about Devan? Will you talk to her?” Sungjoon asked causing Lennox to stagger in her steps.

Lennox turned around to meet Sungjoon’s eyes but met someone else’s instead.

“Why? She said it herself we aren’t friends. She should be surrounding herself with positive people, not someone like me who takes care of a kid when they can’t even take care of herself. My own family doesn’t even want me around, why should I expect her too.”

The elevator dinged, indicating its arrival on the floor.

“I have business to attend before Phoenix gets out of school, so I’ll be leaving first.” Lennox spoke, turning around and getting on the elevator.

Sungjoon waited until the elevator closed before turning around. Sungjoon scoffed seeing Devan and Tarren standing side by side before before walking off, but not without speaking as he walked past Devan.

“Have fun playing little sister. I’m sure you’ll get to the top faster with her on your side.”

 

dTii6MsuYGcMQHy-yQFJPLexs1ZjRS7GiiW2YTwnxlPOYCDiuk8V4lDb_V7bMACEPMa8nHrRZhfy0jhaRDSq2lAgsRqsxNktSglwO9MPvS17_Gd4cFo_yn9dJF2Qng-ERQUyS9RD

“Your lack of progress is astounding.”

“I thought this was just lunch not a check up.”

“We just want to make sure your taking the necessary steps to-”

“You want to know if I’m dating her right? Well I’m not.” Ten said, placing his chopsticks down.

“It’s not as if you’d really care about her feelings, that would mean you have emotions. All you care about is a black card.”

“Honey….”

“She’s right. All I care about is money, that’s why i'm a trainee. Not to mention to give you both a good reputation, one that you both need might I add. If I remember correctly you messed up 7 years ago not me.”

“Don’t you dare speak to your mother that way?”

“I forgot it’s double standards when it comes to you both. Don’t worry, I know how to act the part. You just make sure my cash keeps flowing and I’ll have Devan dating me in no time.” Ten spoke storming out the restaurant, bumping into a lady.

“Sorry.” Ten said hurriedly and kept making his way out the restaurant, not noticing the angry look on the girl's face.

 

VNcjILo9F5eQPM2WHIEy7P3O8b6xSIBFQtWDldBGtAOD7XMscwGNS9hNBGNWKhyt6bb2u6HomSh84u2Y4gRfIgMRyr_4oF4Tpq49adJaNFoS5lQvgBoRkLDMHuCQofkg32vFkGbB

pZu7uRf9jy2-msBCZUT7OdOtCKYeJiqiwMdgt-9YFneNIMerny3A9uRcXKsJ4V27O7tls19Y5kFqgEfulG9KZbB9zxuZd64M9Jq2g3mUuduE2RrLXgipcnkZGuE8OBLBmctJkiU9

 

“This x-ray is of a-”

“Cerebral Aneurysm.”

“Correct. Treatment for such a case would be-”

“Observing. Embolize and then continue with microvascular clipping to cut of blood flow.”

“I can tell someone’s been studying.” Tarren spoke turning of the overhead and taking a seat at her desk.

“A Cerebral Aneurysm was my first study back in Australia.”

“I didn’t think you did any neurological studies there.”

“It wasn’t an official study, just something I happened to gain interest in.” Devan said closing her notebook. “But I’ve been interested since I was 14 so I have a lot of knowledge locked in here.” Devan said, tapping her head.

“We have that in common. I think I was about 11 when I told my parents I wanted to be a doctor.”

“Really? That’s so young.”

“That’s what my parents said. My brother was about 15 and telling our parents he wanted to enlist. They laughed at us, told us to be more realistic.”

“But you still became a doctor? Even though they said you couldn’t do it.”

“I did. I studied my off, became top in my class from then on I took college courses during high school starting the summer before freshman year of high school. I graduated with my bachelors and went back to school and did my fellowship. They were right about my brother though, the navy wasn’t for him. He did about 3 years after graduating high school and realized the sea wasn’t for him, luckily he took up design and has been happy in Columbia ever since.”

“It’s nice to know things work out. It’s harder on everyone when things don’t work out.”

“Definitely harder, but the perseverance makes it worth it in the end.”

“So was it worth it?”

“Was what worth it?” Tarren asked,standing up from her desk.

“Being a doctor? Moving to Korea? Getting married? Were they worth it?”

“Well aren’t you full of questions. Come on missy, you better get some sleep before ER duty tonight.” Tarren said opening the door of her office.

“I don’t have ER duty.” Devan spoke as she shuffled out of the office.

“You do now.” Tarren laughed, shutting the door to her office and leaving with Devan.

 

AvF41GFWFMVD8EvxC-xSUaUkv7Az_xFGPa_4GJiz4dLLdrhCAZgrMD6UGbqmNIaPgIhzJEwr1HQL90tOrMr4bziR3a4FXVjgiY_JvHNguK_MH2dDo_i-H7RZ_wcqPkGvyP1lwEQI

 

“I knew it was only a matter of time before you accepted my offer.”

“I’m glad that your offer still stands.”

“Why wouldn’t it?”

“I...well the guys…”

“Ahhh. I understand, but that is personal. I offered you a job because I’d hate for a pretty little lady like yourself to not be successful. I don’t know what happened before I met you, but just know that if you don’t have the support of anyone else, you have me. I know I’m still a stranger to you, but I meant it when I said I’d take responsibility for you, so I hope you can be open with me.”

Lennox wipes away the tears that had unleashed themselves from her eyes. How was it that a stranger was being more concerned about her well being than most of the people in her life?

“Thank you. It means a lot to me. Ever since very young support has been the one thing lacking for me, maybe that’s how I ended up in this mess. But this job is just the first step in me getting my life together.”

“I’m sure you’ll do well here with that determination of yours. So I think you can start as soon as possible. I assume you won’t be needing to move into the dorm?”

“No. I’ll be staying with my daughter. I’d also like to do the work from home most of the time. I can submit the plans for their diets and I’ll can check in weekly or bi-weekly. I’d like to fit the schedule so it doesn’t take too much time away from my daughter.”

“I believe you on will work. We can go ahead and get you their paperwork so you can begin you plans, just let us know if you need anything additional.”

“Yes sir! Thank you so much!” Lennox smiled.

“I’ll take your hard work as your thanks. My secretary will help you get all the papers you need, if I’m not mistaken you have someone to pick up soon.”

 

g0GASV_IYaleFgmFoOENVmMMPEyrswqk4-_fmw9FOyozxM5K3lRadjTpsMcIvax8Q0IY3OO6C5BTtWOLNhkDiHi2nZvR_7iddgJqqc0bSioN0kkl3B20bhghjNlcblfjkZiSNnHB

 

“I’m telling you, it was something off about that guy.”

“He was looking for his friend who went missing, what’s off about that?”

“He just was okay! I just hope she’s okay.” Gunmin pouted.

“It’s as if you miss her.”

Gunmin pouted more as he made his strides longer.

“Just call her, don’t you have her number still.”

“But what if she doesn’t answer, she didn’t really have the best memories she around us.”

“That isn’t our fault.” Heedo said matter of factly.

“It’s not our fault. It’s yours.”

“Mines!?”

“Yeah, yours. You spilt tteokbokki on her hoodie. You had the attitude. I don’t think you ever even apologized for it either. And not to mention-”

Heedo had long since stopped listening, ever since he’d seen the familiar curly red locks bouncing as the girl he assumed to be Lennox left the elevator.

“See! You aren’t even listening to me!”

“You go ahead without me, I need to check something.” Heedo said before taking off.

“Yah!” Gunmin yelled. “He’s hopeless…”

Heedo rushed outside and looked around for Lennox, but she was nowhere to be found. Then his brain started to work. He didn’t even know if that was really her and yet he had chased after her. Why was it that he wanted to see her? He himself didn’t even know.

Heedo sighed and stared out into the now darkening sky. It would rain soon.

‘She’ll be warm right?’ Heedo thought as he felt the cold wind hit his body.

“You’ll freeze to death if you stand out here.” Jae wook spoke as he made his way up the steps.

“Why do you hate Lennox so much?” Heedo asked causing Jae wook to pause on the step above Heedo.

“Why the sudden interest? Don’t tell me you fell for her trap? Stay away from her, she’ll just use you and then step on you once she’s done. That’s my only warning idiot.”

Heedo turned watched Jaewook enter the building.

‘Did I fall into her trap?” Heedo asked himself before walking back into the building, just barely avoiding the rain.

 

 

A/N: HAPPY HALLOWEEN! What better way to celebrate than with another chapter! Okay so watching BTS or should i say Cinderella and the six dwarfs is way better lol. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a crazy few weeks I've finally got to sit and watch Taemin's comeback! 😍😍😍😍 he got me #Thirstae lol but he keeps coming back and slaying my heart. Yall watch bae read some comments below,  hoping for that tour soon.

 

 

 

 
 
As always please comment and let me know what you thought of this chapter. I'll see y'all next update loves!