Support Systems

I Think We Fell In Love

A/N: Haaaaay Guys! Thanks for sticking around, I really appreciate it. I know this chapter is short, it’s kind of a filler chapter that I came up with yesterday, so claps to me lmfao anyway I hope you all enjoy. Please leave you’re comments below because I wanna know what y’all ate thinking and have a happy holiday if I don’t make it back in time. 

 

 


 

“Tell me again why you’ve dragged me here?”

“Because I told Namjoon that I’d at least meet with Jimin’s friend before I completely opposed taking on his comeback, I also want to talk to you and Hae afterwards.”

“It better be good Len. Now that Devan’s gone, I have a lot more going on at the hospital.”

“I mean you can leave. I don’t want you to feel like you have to be here. I’m just going to be a lot busier now and I wanted to share why but I can have Hae fill you in later.” Lennox said as the elevator arrived.

“And let these idol boy try and make a move? No way.” Sungjoon spoke, stepping into the elevator.

“You’re always saying some guy is going to make a move. Trust me when I say no one wants a single mom with as much baggage as I do.”

“There’s nothing wrong with letting a guy fall for you Len.” Sungjoon spoke, taking Lennox’s hand into his.

“You have to tell me that, you’re my best friend.”

Sungjoon’s chest clenched a little bit at the mention of friends. As corny as it sounded, Sungjoon fell for Lennox at first sight all those years ago. She was a presences that he found himself yearning for every day and seeing her smile made his heart leap. Upon finding out how twistedly wrong her family had become, he took it upon himself to make sure she never hurt again, vowing to protect her, but now he often wondered, who would protect his heart from her?

“Joon? Are you coming?” Lennox asked from outside the elevator.

“Yeah.”

Sungjoon quickly walked out the elevator and walked beside Lennox.

“So what were you think about?”

“Huh?”

“You were really lost in thought? Were you thinking of a girl?”

“N-No! I was just thinking about Minsu. I hope he’s well.” Sungjoon sighed.

“I can talk to him. It’s my fault you guys aren’t talking.” Lennox pouted.

“That fight between us was not your fault.” Sungjoon spoke, taking both of Lennox’s hands into his.

“But you were defending me! If I had just handled things differently-”

“Stop making yourself feel bad over something out of your control.”

Sungjoon pulled Lennox into a hug, keeping his arms around her tightly as if this was the last time they would ever be so close.

“I’ll fix things with Minsu when the time is right. Until then, I need you to put that smile back on, not only does it break my heart when you don’t smile but you’re kind of ugly with a frown.”

Lennox hit Sungjoons chest, but she still laughed at his words.

“Should I let you guys finish you’re little love fest now or later?” Donghae asked with skeptic eyes.

“Aweee! Hae, mare you jealous?!” Lennox asked, separating from Sungjoon’s embrace and running to Donghae at the end of the hallway.

“Why would I be jealous? Phi gives me all the affection I could ever need.”

“She wants another Bo. She made me watch Skip Beat last night too.” Lennox laughed.

Sungjoon looked at the pair. If he didn’t know better he would have thought they were parents if not lovers. It now that Sungjoon realized just how close a relationship Lennox and Donghae shared.

“Well, I guess we can go back to my place? I’ll cook and fill you guys in.” Sungjoon heard Lennox say as he tuned back into the conversation.

“You don’t have to cook. We can just go out, my treat.” Donghae said as Lennox climbed into his back.

“I think we all know that my conversations aren’t really public table talk.”

“Just let her cook. It’s been forever since we last had her food.”

“Fine but I’m buying alcohol. It’s been forever since I haven’t had a schedule.”

“What about the restaurant?!” Sungjoon asked as they got back on the elevator.

“I finally wore this on down and got her to take it over for me.”

“Wow Len! That’s awesome. It’s definitely time that place got some fresh eyes.”

“Thanks. I’ll definitely be changing that place around, starting with the staff.”

“Yeah. That boss of yours is something else.” Sungjoon stated.

“You have no idea.” Lennox rolled her eyes.

“How’s the bruise healing?” Donghae asked, changing the topic of conversation.

“It doesn’t hurt but it’s pretty big bruise.” Lennox said as she got of Donghae’s back after exiting the elevator.

“What did you do?” Sungjoon asked worriedly.

“I just bumped a counter at work. No big deal. We better hurry out, I’d hate for a rumor to start because some fan saw you with us, me especially.” Lennox said quickly as she walked away from the two confused males just as quickly.

Lennox knew that Sungjoon would want to see and that he would know that it wasn’t a bump off a counter that bruised her so bad…..


 

jmxR8u7mAWHXrSHgCmkXNEHHU13IOLoCXiB472C0OoIT7KWSnuI0rRV4vGd0hsqJvJZ6loSnlF-jWunTDP6werLgco993iSiJ9WQ1Xh6pdcw7Ic6V8QNcD1J98nnwBazQIApLwCg

“I can’t believe you don’t want to celebrate your birthday.”

“I just don’t have the time for it.” Destynee told Chaerin as she packed her things.

“Why not?! Black Pink already debuted. You quit Avex. And you’re leaving YG, if anything, now is the time to celebrate before you get more work piled on.

Destynee sighed. Chaerin has been trying all week to get her to agree to celebrating her birthday next week.

“Why is this birthday so important to you?” Destynee asked placing a lid on one box and grabbing another.

“Jiyong has a surprise for you. He doesn’t want you to know he planned this get away for you.”

“Get away?” Destynee asked pausing her movements.

“He wants to surprise you by taking you back to America. He knows how you didn’t get to fully explore and wants to take you.”

“Thanks but no thanks. A random trip to America isn’t needed.”

“Just think about it. He put a lot of effort into this. He’s been planning this since thanksgiving and this is the most effort he’s put into something other than his music.”

“I’ll think about it but no promises.” Destynee sighed, now feeling obligated to go.

 

ff66qz2FX-kJ1z6XdeDa56WZ_CezxbqOebDq5RsHFyoH8n6dAkg-fGEKPvp2ecx7b05kNFBvTIcOo1VCaPB19hNwk1qUMVJCSWShNOSP8S3rjwn2BJcm6yKB7ZyZCEqSojBsqIw5

 

“Honey, that’s wonderful!” Mrs. Vaughn squealed in delight upon heart the news of Tarren’s  pregnancy. “I told you blessings happen when good people need good things or in this case a little one.”

“I’m sure Yongguk is over the moon.” Tarren’s father, Mr. Vaughn, spoke from behind his book. “Where is he anyway?”

“At the studio. He’s working with some of Jay’s artists.”

“Jay? I thought they weren’t friends anymore. Not after what that disgraceful child did.”

“How can you talk about Lennox that way? You’re daughter. You’re flesh and blood.” Michael spoke not liking his mother’s tone.

“Darling. There is no need to be upset. I’ve long since given up that child, as should you.”

“Someone has to be! You just run with whatever Tarren tells you, but not once have you listened to Lennox’s side. You were never there when she needed you. I remember how much you wanted a girl and how you were so happy when you found out Leonardo turned into Lennox. Even if you don’t care for Lennox like you should, Phi is so innocent in all of this. At least treat her like blood. And you-” Michael said turning to Tarren. “Blood protects blood. It’ll do you some good to remember that. Mom and dad may be on your side, but Lennox will always have me. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go spend time with my niece and my son.”

“Michael! Watch your mouth. That’s still your mother.” Mr. Vaughn spoke sternly, not disagreeing with what had been said.

“She may be my mother, but she is not my sister.” Michael said before storming out the house.

A thick silence filled the room.

“Don’t stress yourself out, it’s not good for the baby.” Mr. Vaughn spoke as he resumed reading his book.

“Your father’s right. Seoul seems to be a little bit but too stressful for you…..and without  Yongguk being a constant around you…..I think it’s time you come back home.”


 

IyfLTXnhVf53vyUpZdS8WLnkfbqVEGzF9FpTxshhUlkdF5QjZr-EvnnyQwkiNV_JY48hlD2DKgbLuK69rqRnbD_g571q0EdfbR82-MEjsFbQ49co3YeVOFyvDvQXirb3yXpgYlw7

Dinner had long since been done and the kids were now playing in Phoenix’s room while the adults continued their alcoholic endeavors while waiting for Lennox’s brother to return for the major topic of discussion.

“So what’s it like now that you’re working with Jay and his new girlfriend?” Donghae asked, placing his newly finished beer can down on the table.

“It’s not as bad as I thought. Hyolyn is a real sweetheart and I think she suits him way better than Hyuna ever did. And musically it’s like a breath of fresh air. You don’t know how much you miss it until the opportunity arises again.”

“You always were a musical genius.” Michael spoke as he walked into the house. “Remember you’re violin? You used to play for hours and spending every other week at the music store.”

“Yeah. That was before mom decided she wanted a socialite for a daughter.” Lennox said before chugging the last of her wine.

“I didn’t know you played the violin?” Donghae asked, surprised.

“Violin, piano, drums, flute, clarinet and trombone. And I dabbled in dance.” Lennox revealed as she filled her wine glass.

“Dabbled? You should have seen her at the class she taught last year, that girl was on fire!” Sungjoon praised.

“Wasn’t Heedo and his group at that class?”

“Who’s Heedo?” Michael asked, plopping down on the couch beside the fireplace.

“Heedo is this guy Lennox accidentally met. He’s nothing but trouble. He actually got her arrested!” Sungjoon scoffed.

“Firstly, he’s not a bad guy. Secondly, he got arrested defending me. I’m sure you wouldn’t sit by and just let some worker call me an and talk about how I’m more than enough to share.” Lennox defended. She really didn’t want to start this argument, especially not with alcohol in her system, but it annoyed her how Sungjoon never wanted to listen to reason where Heedo is concerned.

“Why do you always defend him? Every time you meet him, nothing good comes from it?”

“That’s only what you’ve seen. You haven’t been around for the conversation that we’ve had. You haven’t seen him apologize.”

“An apology doesn’t fix anything!”

“But it make way for common ground.” Lennox said very level headed.

Michael and Donghae sat quietly. They both could feel the tension and knew this was a conversation that had been mouths in the making.

“I’m not asking you to befriend him. Hell i'm not asking you to even talk to him, but as he now enters another chapter of my life, I want you guys to support my decisions. By the way your acting, you won’t like the news that I’m going to tell…..”

“What’s the news?” Michael asked, now curious and inputting himself in the conversation.

“Heedo and I are getting married….”

“What! Have you lost your mind?!”

“Sungjoon calm down.” Donghae said sternly. “Let her finish.”

Sungjoon sat back down and stared intensely at Lennox waiting for the rest of her story.

“So I found out that Heedo has a daughter, a little younger than Phi. Her grandparents on her mother’s side have full custody since her mother died during birthing. He’s been trying to get custody but they aren’t letting up. I know what it’s like to not have my child in my life and I know how it’s hurting him. So to help him get custody of his daughter, I decided to marry him.”

“You nut! You’re ing nuts!”

“Language! The kids will hear you.” Michael said getting up. “Lenn, we’ll talk later. I’m going to get the kids ready for bed.”

Michael walked to Phoenix’s room, shutting the door behind him and turning the kids music up a little bit louder incase the argument got out of hand again.

“How could you let him trick you into this? Marriage is one thing but a kid!? That a whole other being you’ll be responsible for.”

“I agree.” Donghae spoke. “You already have lot on you plate. You’re taking over the restaurant, working with Hyolyn, working with B.I.G, and you already have Phi to take care off. You have your bad relationship with Tarren. I don’t think this is a good idea for you.”

“I’m not asking for your opinions. I app you both caring for me, but all I’m asking for is your support. Yoongi is forging fake documents to make it seem like we’ve been married for the past year and we’ve gotten s on board with the plan. I’ve already talked to Jay and he supports it, even thinks it will be good for Phi to have someone her age around outside of school.”

“Is he forcing this on you?”

“No Joon. I was the one who came up with the idea. He told me his story and I wanted to help, me. It was all me.”

“So you want us to sit and watch you make another bad life choice?”

“Are you going to be like my family and through every wrong thing I’ve done in my face?”

“What do you want me to tell you? I don’t agree and I will not support you on this.”

“Let me ask you this….. are you opposed because you think this is really a bad idea or is it because you still have feelings for Lennox?” Donghae asked, bluntly.

“F-Feelings for me? You like me?”

“I’ve liked you since the moment I met you. So yes it’s partly my feelings telling me that this idea is bad for us, bad for you. But if you’re so set on something that I can’t condone, then maybe he really is the guy for you….” Sungjoon spoke leaving the living room.

“Where are you going?” Donghae asked from the living room.

“Obviously my opinion is needed nor wanted so I’m going to leave before we reach a point of no return.” Sungjoon spoke before leaving.

It was when the door closed and the silence took over that Lennox finally let her tears fall. Donghae help Lennox in his arms. He really didn’t have anything to say about what just transpired, but knew that Lennox need shoulder to cry on, if only for this minute.