I Can Give You Life...

I Think We Fell In Love

 

V9fRFaChppd-h7yxzTdC6iOPhDDvz01iwJ2ze-B050_5vqw241XuknFRwxTfLStvm-PkQ-iuXW64_EwmePp_001tWurdsVcJWcUDp0qc21_o4KGSehFkrpsfy07HCtZqLvIpGVVR


 

“Congratulations! You're pregnant.”

“W-what?”

“You're about 4 months.”

“That's not possible.”

“Tarren… I did the test myself.” Wonjun told her as he sat on the stool in front of her.

“It's not possible. They said it was a one in a million chance that is be able to conceive.”

“Guess you're one in a million then. Might want to buy a lottery ticket, really press your luck.” Wonjun chuckled.

“This isn't funny. I'm in no situation to bring a child into this world.” Tarren sighed.

“You mean the situation you brought upon yourself? Getting divorced? Outing yourself with Lennox? Let me tell you that kind of stress isn't good for you or the baby, especially in your condition. It might even be the reason you didn't realize you were.”

“Can we….can we do an ultrasound?”

“Yeah. It'll be the only way you believe me.” Wonjun spoke, getting up from his seat to wash his hands.

“It's just I've wanted this for so long… did you know I was pregnant once….” Tarren whispered.

“I didn't.”

“I was….back in the states….guk and I were planning our wedding….. I got sick off the smell of mushrooms and puked all over the floor because I didn't make it to the bathroom…. He was so happy when I told him…” Tarren stopped when she felt the cool gel on her stomach. She closed her eyes. She thought back to happier times with Youngguk. Getting married. Finding out she was pregnant. Getting the job in Seoul. It all sounded like a fairytale. Until….losing the baby….

Tarren’s thoughts suddenly turned bitter. She had lost her baby. Her pride...her joy…. Her moment… she lost her moment… or rather it was taken from her…. Taken and given away… away to lennox...her sister..

Tarren’s thoughts stopped there. Sister? Was that what she was? A sister? They had grown so far apart, it seemed almost foreign to say she was her sister….

“Ahh.. found you.” Wonjun spoke into the quiet room. His voice was quickly replaced by the sound of a heart beat.

Tears weld in Tarren’s eye's. “My baby…”


 

lgWihZN_yaAS0FSywyTcmS5wpZ5GFEMNGwt3LzX8dY4zKvrSLUJAVDFTpoHvidDejKyCr7Mkus6boe7WFk15dIk6LtD338YqTKAOCJprp4DMkQkn5vbnGVGipKLrXdyGoE_mx3SD


 

“Nee Nee! Nee Nee! Wake up Nee Nee!” Phoenix yelled as she shook her sleeping aunt.

“I'm up Phi.” Destynee spoke as she pulled the covers down and attempted to sit up with Phoenix occupying the space beside her.

Destynee looked at the bedside clock and saw it was only 8 in the morning.

“Why are you up so early?” Destynee asked rubbing her eyes.

“I'm bored.” Phoenix pouted.

“Hmmm..then why don't you help me make breakfast?” Destynee smiled as she tickled Phoenix.

“Can we have strawberries too?” Phoenix asked after Destynee stopped tickling her.

“You really are your mother's kid.” Destynee laughed as she and Phoenix left her bed room and made their way to the kitchen.

“Nee Nee? Is uncle Jiyong going to help make breakfast too?”

“Why don't you go wake him and see.”

Destynee laughed as she watched Phoenix run down the hall to Jiyong’s room. Destynee leaned on the door frame as she watched Phoenix try to wake up Jiyong, who surprisingly was a much heavier sleeper than she thought. It was cute watching Phoenix wake Jiyong. It gave her family vibes that she hadn’t had since her and Namjoon dated.

Destynee paused in her thoughts. Family vibes? She never imagined that she would be looking at Jiyong in a fatherly light. Sure he was good with kids and had expressed he’d like a son or daughter in the future, but she never thought that she’d be thinking about how good a father he would if they had a child together.

“Destynee? You okay?” Jiyong asked waving his hand in her face.

“Yeah. I’m good. Just zoned out for a second.”

“Uncle Jiyong said that he’s gonna make breakfast with me.”

“Is he now?” Destynee spoke, avoiding eye contact with Jiyong.

“Yeah. That way you could take some time to unwind. You’ve been busy working and taking care of Phi all week. You should get some rest.” Jiyong said concerned with the amount of work Destynee had been piling onto herself.

“You’ve been busy this week too. Besides Phi’s my niece and I agreed to watch her.”

“She’s my niece too. You’ve also been busier than me so there’s no arguing this with me. Just think of it as practice before we decide to have our own kids.” Jiyong said smoothly before he slid past Destynee and downstairs to help Phoenix.

Destynee walked to the bathroom, shut the door behind her and leaned against the door.

“Our own kids…..” Destynee whispered to herself.

Was that what she wanted? Did she want to spend her life with Jiyong? Did she want kids with him? What if things didn’t work out?

Those thoughts and many more ran through her mind as she started the bath water.

“It’s way too to early in the morning for this headache..” Destynee spoke rubbing her temples, adding things to the water.

 

lgWihZN_yaAS0FSywyTcmS5wpZ5GFEMNGwt3LzX8dY4zKvrSLUJAVDFTpoHvidDejKyCr7Mkus6boe7WFk15dIk6LtD338YqTKAOCJprp4DMkQkn5vbnGVGipKLrXdyGoE_mx3SD

 

“Thanks for coming, Len.”

“No problem Joon. You aren’t the first one this week to search me out for a favor.”

“Do I want to know?” Namjoon asked leaned back in his chair.

“Oh the normal. Donghae still wants me to take over the restaurant. B.I.G asked me to work with them again. Oh, and the best one yet. Jay asked me to choreograph two songs for his girlfriend. One song Gray is producing. The other he wants me to produce.”

“Damn. So what are you going to do?”

“Obviously I’m going to do it. If I don’t, I’ll look like the jealous, bitter baby mom. But I really don’t want to help her career because it’s not something I should be involved in.”

“Don’t do it if you don’t want to. Things work out better if you do what you want.”

“So are you doing what you want?”

“Excuse me?”

“Destynee told me about you shooting you shot one last time when she visited her parents. Did you really think that you had a shot left with her?”

“I didn’t know what I had left with her. I love her. I really do. The love we have for each other doesn’t just go away and I think I blinded myself to how different our lives are now.”

“So you’re saying you’re not blinded anymore?”

“I’m saying I’m taking myself out of the equation. I’ve got a few artists wanting to collab and it’ll be good for me to get out of Seoul for a while.”

“I think that sounds perfect. Time to focus on you and the music you love making. Just don’t forget us little ones when you start making it on stages.”

“That’s actually why I wanted you to stop by.” Namjoon spoke turning towards his computer.

“So you didn’t call me over to talk about Destynee?”

“I did not. I actually wanted to see if you would possibly take over one of my projects. With me deciding to focus on my solo work, I have a friend of Jimin’s meeting me because I was supposed to be heading his solo debut..”

“And you want me to head it instead?”

“Would you?”

“I can’t. I don’t exactly qualify for heading anyone’s debut. I don’t know if I’ll even be helping Jay out and I’m basically managing B.I.G with one of the members basically living in my house.”

“You have a member living in your house?!”

“I don’t know what’s going on but two days ago I got a call from Gunmin asking if her could come over to talk and next thing you know he’s dropping Heedo off and telling me that Heedo needs me.”

“Needs you for what?”

“No idea! Heedo hasn’t spoke to me since he got there and all s can tell me is that he’ll open up in his own time. I don’t want to just kick him out but it’s kind of uncomfortable for me.”

“Just don’t press him. It must be something really deep and he’ll open up to you eventually. Although, I didn’t think you and he we close enough for to drop him off with you.”

“I mean we’re friends… I guess. We don’t argue anymore. He defends me a lot.”

“That doesn’t necessarily scream friends.”

“I’ve never been one to have normalcy.”

“Just be careful of him. You can be friends with him but just remember paparazzi is going to be watching closely and more importantly, you have a little girl to protect.”

 

lgWihZN_yaAS0FSywyTcmS5wpZ5GFEMNGwt3LzX8dY4zKvrSLUJAVDFTpoHvidDejKyCr7Mkus6boe7WFk15dIk6LtD338YqTKAOCJprp4DMkQkn5vbnGVGipKLrXdyGoE_mx3SD

 

“I wasn’t expecting a call from you.”

“So because we’re divorced, I’m not allowed to check on you?” Tarren asked as she swirled her straw in her tea.

“Is that what you’re doing?” Youngguk asked, grabbing his glass of water.

“Of course. Guk, I still love you. I always will.”

“You have a funny way of showing it.”

“I do….but I have an explanation as to why I’ve been so different lately.” Tarren spoke as she opened up her back and passed yongguk a box.

“This ought to be good.” Yongguk said sarcastically as he opened the box.

 

eNUsvNf3Eggr4IYN5DITr7a8pBFtqOYWJPyuvqRr7KREc1ZDvE3otSf_KoO1Z7iLB47laDHL9UtPW1A7V18Z7Zrl3rIqFqy2NyrvAGmIlFnUghBVn0aGXr-P3GIbHpP7z9517j5D

 

“A bun? You don’t mean-”

“I’m pregnant.” Tarren smiles. “Four months along. You’re going to be a dad. Aren’t you excited?!”

Yongguk stared at Tarren. He could see the joy that consumed her as she started talking about how to reveal her pregnancy and gender reveal party, but he hated that he didn’t feel the same way….he couldn’t feel the same way….

“Tarren… What do you want from this…”

“I think we can get back on the same page… I want to raise this baby together…”

“You know how I feel…. everything I said before… that’s still how I feel. I’m not going to attach myself to this….this child when it’s not even sure if you’ll give birth… if you’ll even live..”

“Why are you being so closed minded? This is a beautiful miracle. This is our second chances at the happiness that was stolen away from us.”

“Yes, it was stolen from us. I hate that you had to go through a miscarriage. I hate that you were in pain, but what about my pain. Do you expect for me to just watch you die!? Because I’m not! I won’t. I hope everything works out for the best but right now, I don’t want to be apart of this.” Yongguk said before he got up from the table, leaving Tarren in tears.


 

lgWihZN_yaAS0FSywyTcmS5wpZ5GFEMNGwt3LzX8dY4zKvrSLUJAVDFTpoHvidDejKyCr7Mkus6boe7WFk15dIk6LtD338YqTKAOCJprp4DMkQkn5vbnGVGipKLrXdyGoE_mx3SD

 

ExWxWcnvje3Veq23FPvIsDd4A7LdtXyebolhvuAWlCiVRmEzISRTgKZ7SApw3EOcjbVJsDb9TTl3n450fVtxx0mlObdjYBFy2nFa_--Zg3MatogAfYH7O5_fzNkRYMJLTXWJBz1G

 

“Thanks for today…” Destynee said quietly on the couch for Jiyong to hear.

The entire Jiyong, with the help of Phoenix, created a peaceful day for Destynee to relax. A day that included matching onesies, face masks, and a lot kids shows, which now had led to Phoenix curled up in bean bag, eating frozen yogurt, watching Darkwing Duck.

“You deserves a relaxing day. You’ve been through a lot…….I’ve put you through a lot…. you’ve been working super hard…. and as much as I want to take all the credit, this was all Phi.”

“You let a 6 year old tell you what to do for the day?”

Jiyong shrugged. “Guess I’m not the only one rooting for us.”

“You’re rooting for us? Jiyong I-”

“I know… I know. You’re not ready for another relationship. And I told you I can wait. I’m not going anywhere because you’re the one I want to be with. And if letting a 6 year old tell me how to make her aunt happy is what I have to do then so be it.”

“You’re really going to wait for me? You know I’m trying to build an empire, right? What if I decide to wait until my company is making profit?”

“I wait till my dying breath. I know you’re worried that things might end up like before with Namjoon, but I’m not Namjoon.” Jiyong said grabbing Destynee’s hands. “You know….it’s not a bad thing to fall in love with me?”

Destynee stared at Jiyong for awhile before she leaned forward and kissed him.

 

*Click*

 

Destynee moved away and looked at Phoenix.

“Did you just take a picture?” Destynee asked the little girl.

“Mommy said to take a lot of pictures.” Phoenix said throwing her hands in the air and putting emphasis on a lot.

“Remind me to have a talk with your mother about personal, privacy, boundaries.”

“What are boundaries?” Phoenix asked Destynee, tilting her head in confusion.

“Don’t worry you’re cute little head about it. How bout we get some more froyo and eat it in bed?”

“Mommy says that we aren’t supposed to eat in bed.”

“We just won’t tell mommy then.” Jiyong laughed.

“But what about Cookie Monster? Mommy says if you eat in bed he smells the food and comes for you.”

“Isn’t Cookie Monster from Sesame Street?” Jiyong asked.

“Yeah. Len’s definitely not the normal parent.”

“Can I eat in you’re bed uncle Jiyong?”

“Sure thing kido.” Jiyong agreed as he took Phoenix’s hand and led her to the kitchen.

Destynee got up from the couch, but I like fashion her phone rang.

“Hey Len. What’s up?”

“I need a huuuuuuge favor from you…..”

“Let me guess. You need me to keep Phi a little longer?”

“Just one more day. Heedo asked me to go somewhere with him tomorrow and he looked pretty serious.”

“Jiyong and Phi are bonding over fro yo I’m sure it’s not a problem for her to stay another day. As long as you’re okay with Jiyong watching her, I have some stuff to take care of.”

“No that’s perfectly fine. I really appreciate you guys for everything this week.”

“Don’t mention it. I’ll drop Phi off Sunday afternoon. Good luck with Heedo.”

“Thanks. I’ll need it. He’s been moody since he’s been here. Speaking of moody, I talked to Joon today. I know it’s not my place to say but, he’s planning to leave Seoul for awhile… focus on him….pull back from you.”

“Pulling back from me?”

“Yeah. He realizes that he needs to move on and you should too. If you want to be with Jiyong the do it. Don’t let you past with Namjoon ruin the life that you can have with Jiyong.”

“I gotta go Len. See you Sunday.”

“See yah.”

“Nee Nee! Nee Nee! Can I have banana with my yogurt?”

“Aren’t you allergic?”

Phi shook her head no and ran back to the kitchen.

Destynee laughed as she walked to the kitchen. “Like mother, like daughter.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Shout out to Shanat24, MissJimin, and Purpleshadow15 for being the latest members of the subbie family. It means a lot to me and hope this chapter was worth the wait. I already have an idea for the next chapter so I’ll try to have it up next week. In the mean time, leave you comments down below to let me know what you all thought. Until next time loves 💜🧡