Curtian

I Think We Fell In Love






 

9lexYZwemoT_8lr3GlxveNk4ivklDC9NNkRKdPVc-RBKA6_loTMrlF4VDEtXRCl8FJFXR3OG96Zr_5Xr2F48CsYMHCXHp9JWXy0-6A1oChu30AW6RmoQZidJ5Kfh7zSbGGfX9Wr0


 

“How was your first day?”

“It went as well as I expected it to.” Lennox sighed as she looked through the menu.

“That bad?”

“Yes. Gunmin is very nice to me, even Heedo seems to be accepting me, but the other 3, well 2, they won’t even look my way. Jaewook, I swear he has it out for me. I don’t even know why, I showed up and he’s like here’s a present Red, and it’s a pack of Newport’s. Cigarettes! He gave me cigarettes, can you believe him.”

“Well if I knew you as Red, I would have too. You know that wasn’t your most memorable time in the states.”

“Yeah, well if I knew being Red would have turned my life this way, maybe I would have chosen better. Although, I definitely don’t regret it. Phoenix is the best thing that could have happened to me.”

“I’ve gotta say you’ve come a long way since I first met you. Phi really mellowed you out. You don’t go out partying, you don’t smoke or drink. You’ve got 2 job, only thing left is to get rid of that douche and you can really move forward.”

“One, he’s not a douche. Two, you and him were friends, how can you say that about him so easily.”

“Family trump's friends. The moment I started dating Tarren, you became my family. I told him you were off limits and he still went for you. Where’s the loyalty? The respect? No to mention how he went about everything after you told him you were pregnant. Who could even live with themselves after ripping a mother away from her child? Having you sign your rights over, that’s a move. Period.”

“I think this isn’t really all about me and Jay, what’s really wrong Guk?”

“You’re sister called Devan her daughter….. she was so happy saying it. We talked last night and she says she wants to try for a child. Of course I would love to try for a child, I’ve always wanted a mini me or Tarren running around, but if anything was to go wrong, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself. I would rather have my wife, than a child and and no wife.”

“Have you told her that? Have you said that you don’t want to take that risk? I know she’s stubborn and she’ll pull the whole it’s my own body card, but there’s plenty of kids that need adopted.”

“I know, I’d love a kid either way, but by telling her I don’t think we should try, she’ll feel like it’s her fault. I know she wants that real, blood bond with a child but realistically, it just isn’t the time.”

“Then everything you’ve just told me, tell her. She may raise hell but she’ll understand. Everything works in mysterious ways, but it all works out in the end.”

“So when do you plan to work things out with Devan?”

“I swear this is supposed to be just lunch.” Lennox asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Just thought I’d ask.” Yongguk laughed.

“If you must know, we’re going to talk sometime this week. She texted me saying she wanted to tell me something. Probably ready to give me a piece of her mind. I deserve it though, I did leave her high and dry.”

“Well I won’t press you with questions anymore, Phoenix probably misses her mommy by now.”

“Can’t miss me if she’s too busy missing me if daddy’s out buying her affection.” Lennox said rolling her eyes.

 

AabOU_hqjo7Xh-Q7NNshgC7e_AxBc4wV8ZQUnJ7KTnMsa-3A6ohdaSrCDu6u4Bvg8BCdQQartBrX7FTYOL22jODouIRfV4c9OHf3_qnJ09Uuv-0rl46kNU6VeuXOPLCiGSIbszFv


 

CIsTvNIDXyXJv7M040X8o4c329I2VveT_RIui4VfyuwQF5SkJzJy1dmOiU6WMTUJdDQDdx_pDGlj9WsdFBFZLPDtfCftViEFQmRGG0HLHmgiMZF3_H7ac2dBeIhaZrQqgjQJvsih

 

“ Death has no kindness and good always die young…”

“Ten can you come eat now? I made Pad Thai and I’m really going to be upset if you don’t eat it.”

“Sorry Chen Le, I’m not really feeling hungry.” Ten spoke, raising up off his bed.

“You’re not hungry? Okay what’s wrong, you always eat.” Chen Le asked, taking a seat beside Ten.

“What do you think of death?”

“Death? Well of course it’s inevitable, we’ll all die.”

“Right, So if someone was to say the good always die young, what do you think they mean?”

“Exactly what it sounds like, the good die young. But why are you so curious about Death?”

“I just stumbled upon the quote and it resonated with me.”

“Since when are philosophical?”

“Since when do you cook my favorite food?” Ten asked, laughing along with Chen Le. “You think I can get two orders to go? I’m pretty sure Devan hasn’t eaten yet.”

“Sure thing! Give me about 10 to have it packed up, make sure you shower. She’ll never want to be seen with you looking like you just re-emerged from the wilderness.”

“Do I really?”

“Have you smelled yourself?” Chen Le laughed as he watched Ten sniff himself.

 

32FB-t4golk3kszj_3TiPSUH29rTEtLXnRWujS7ic8xnk-ec3EYbvsvKVdOSAX9qd0kOpX4yydUORCY_MPF5RXVdZlYFc3voR67G-HRCOr4Ro7ALMXOwUJvf7tDzkQLMw2oXaHdv

“A pack of cigarettes?! Really!?”

“It’s what she smoked all the time in high school.” Jaewook shrugged, plopping down on the couch.

“That doesn’t mean she smokes now.” Gumin argued.

“You’re rather protective of her. You must have tried her out. Did you enjoy the night ride? Or was it Heedo?”

“Jaewook. She’s a female, regardless of your feelings.” Jung Hoon spoke.

“Like he said, she’s a female. Watch what you plan to say, you may be my band member, but I’ll still fight you.”

“I don’t care if your my band member when it comes to her, so stop fighting the battle for her. I wouldn’t even be in this band if it wasn’t for her, so I’ll treat her as such I see fit.”

“It’s not worth it.” Gunmin said, pulling Heedo to follow him to their shared room.

“I know what you’re thinking but don’t. Regardless he is our member. We don’t know their history and it’s not our place to intrude.”

“I can’t help it. She-”

“Reminds you of Yerin? I do catch on, but Lennox is not Yerin. I know that you blame yourself for her death, but you couldn’t have stopped that.”

“But I could have been there for her! She went through everything alone, because I was too immature. I wasn’t there for her, and I regret it everyday of my life, but Lennox, I can be there for her, whether I’m needed or not.”

Gunmin sighed. “Helping her won’t change the past, yours or hers.”

“But at least I can help her to a better future.” Heedo say falling to his bed.

“Fine. Then we’ll all be on this tragedy train together.” Gunmin said sitting down on his bed.

“Great. First stop, hoodie shopping.”

 

I_eXkhg1vunUlTLVCX9FJiYXgFI5qn2BdIMa2lT97HiftX7YdwNOQcWV3Gx3LuLLTYGdTwvHK5_SYsGetkV0RoSeKt9mDWMRMx047jT6sq5EkhQ-lVJMz5NP2bRkEC4Suye_n2ny

lhNG2XcnlV03Ax4V6xfOtGHLKXWidoF42ATxUCnYkGCmt-ju-XA4Ly4Kt7ybDX6irXZPdoUFxlOdM2ZBL2Fq4Tfffgqv5fkNttH1Fc4WbJyIPV-KIivBGxf6ydwX2eVEFH4ASzOa

 

“What do you mean ER duty? Isn’t that Sungjoon’s department for the month?”

“Don't kill the messenger.” Yi Ra told Devan, throwing his hands up.

“Come on it won’t be so bad.” Wonjun said, wrapping his arm around Devans neck.

“I’m glad you think so. You’ll be doing it in her place.” Tarren spoke, coming to a halt before the pair.

“I was just trying to be a good mentor and encourage her.” Wonjun defended.

“Too bad, I need Devan to help me with a patient. Don't look so sad, the ER isn’t that bad.” Tarren smirked, patting Wonjun on the back before motioning Devan to follow her.

Yi Ra laughed, unable to hold it in any longer.

“Yah!”

“You should have seen your face when she used your own words against you.” Yi Ra spoke between his laughter.

“Um...excuse me? Do you know where Devan might be?”

“It’s a pretty big hospital, she could be anywhere…” Wonjun shrugged.

Ten raised his eyebrow.

“What’s in the bag?” Yi Ra asked, coming from behind the counter.

“I figured she hadn’t eaten yet, so I brought her some food.”

“Tarren took her to help with a client. Head down a floor, room on the far left.” Yi Ra spoke snatching the bag from Ten.

“How do you even know that?” Wonjun questioned, as soon as Ten left.

“Unlike you, I actually pay attention to the schedules…..oh look, he brought Pad Thai!” Yi Ra said with a smile, causing Wonjun to roll his eyes as he made his way to the ER.

 

KaWBtD5WRx5kjn3WwVot2XFM1HoxvLeB9CZqq3hvpoLuIbt6xEIhHaBuG0MpXBvRIodcgkKVpUefO4ooX_JYerQ-D4z5sDPkaLywApVCWg7q5CN8BoryIMnAV8McXBQaaFP9qJWY

 

“I thought you wanted me to help you with a patient?”

“I do. If you can’t do it let me know now.”

“Okay, you’re scaring me a little.”

“I have a 10 year old girl in that room. She’s dying and is most taking her last breaths. I want you to pretend to be her mother so that if she does pass she was happy.”

“Wait? Instead of saving her life, performing surgery or whatever she needs, you’re just going to let her die?!”

“Her parents abandoned her in this hospital. They didn’t want to pay the price for surgery. They haven’t visited her once since finding out she need surgery. As much as I would love to save that little girl, my hands are tied.”

“That’s ridiculous! Who would just willingly leave their child?!”

“Devan, lower your voice. I understand why you’re upset, but you must remember that it is out of our control. The most we can do as her caretakers are to make sure she’s comfortable. It’s why I’m asking you to do this. I’ve already made preparations for her, because that’s the most I can do for her without her family’s consent.”

“I’ll do it with you…..” Ten said making his presence known.

“...Ten….”

“It’s okay Devan…..we’ll do it together. Wouldn’t it be great for mother and father to be with their daughter during her last moments?”

“You don’t have too...”

“I know…”

“Her name is Eunha.” Tarren said placing a hand on Ten’s shoulder before turning away.

“Come on, our daughter is waiting.” Ten spoke with a sad smile, lacing his fingers with Devan’s.

Ten pulled Devan behind him as he opened the door.

 

bIAqMiuJPaKmv8iG0liDswsn0C3oUEd8nO3NCPEMCG07884w8ACMrYrslIT575DaHXQXfh9cL9Vgh_wPNLTOM86u9k_B57_FbiPBIOxTyFSIAqsxCvKD1v1KerifrRoMp-4g8OqV

 

“Eunha?” Ten whispered.

“Daddy?” Eunha asked as she opened her eyes.

“I brought mommy along with me.” Ten spoke, stepping aside so that Eunha could see Devan.

“Mommy! I missed you a lot.” Eunha spoke, trying to sit up.

“You lay down.” Devan spoke as she made her way to the bedside, Ten walking to the other side. “I missed you more. I’m so sorry, I should have visited you more.”

“It’s okay mommy. Youngjae needed you more than me. I’d be a bad big sister if I made you stay with me.”

Devan looked over to Ten who looked as equally shocked.

“Doctor unnie gave me a book to write stuff in, you can read it if you want.”

“You must have hurt a lot Eunha. When you get better I’ll take you for ice cream. How does that sound?”

“Can I get any I want on it Daddy?” Eunha asked, shifting to look at Ten.

“You can have anything you want princess.” Ten smiled as Eunha hugged him.

“Then can mommy sing for me?”

“Of course.” Devan said without hesitation.

Devan and Ten laid Eunha down between them. Eunha held onto her stuffed bunny with one hand while Devan held the other and Ten brushed her head with his.

 

 

Even after the curtains close

I won’t be alone and lonely

Because when I sing this song

I go back to the times we we’re together….

 

Eunha snuggled closer to Devan, embracing more of her warmth. Ten noticed that Eunha had closed her eyes.

‘Is this it?” Ten thought, looking over at Devan to see if she had notice, but was met with her tear stricken face.

 

After I sing this song

Will I be able to see you again?

I danced with you

I kissed you on your lips with this song

If we meet again

I’ll hold your hands and tell you

That I still love you

If I tell you,right here

Can you stay with me like that?

Singing under the curtain

 

Devan continued to sing the song. She knew that Eunha had passed but she couldn’t bring herself to stop.

Ten helped Devan up when they came to collect Eunha’s body. They stood outside the room, watching them pass with Eunha’s body covered with a sheet. It was then that Devan collapsed to the ground in tears.

“It’s okay.” Ten spoke, pulling Devan to him rubbing small circles into her back as she cried.

He knew it was a bad idea for her to go in there, but at least they did it together and no matter what he would stay by her side. She wouldn’t go through anything by herself anymore, not where he could help.




A/N: So proud of myself for getting this chapter out before the years end, ive been working on it for about 2 weeks and didnt think i'd get it done. Shout out to nini2982 and keasiawesome for subbing! it means alot, especially since i didnt really expect anyone to read this story..... anyway, drop a comment below and let me know what yall thought. Have a good New Years everyone and i'll see you loves soon with another chapter.