The Return

I Think We Fell In Love

1id5s-PKc5LP9iAgoHu-NCh9AUPo9tvOs9zqLU_de2ymqH200twhbmHlJaVZjcovFvNRT1Yol7mysN_NQq21WwDEUaBUJqn3932Bd9f_NIDysiqsonAFHYhKWMZFUMuEWhuGejFw

 

“You did all this?” Heedo asked in amazement as he walked around the newly remodeled room.

“More like I helped Phi do all this.” Lennox chuckled. “She’s really excited to have a ‘little’ sister.”

“I really don’t know how to thank you….” Heedo spoke as he turns toward Lennox at the rooms entrance.

“Then don't.” Lennox shrugged. “I’m doing this because I know what it’s like as a parent to not be apart of your child’s life. I also know what it’s like as a child to not have your parents in your life. This is also good for Phi. She can have a bond with someone around her age, even if it’s for a little while…..I’ll be happy that she gets to experience what me and Tarren never could….”

“You’re both still on bad terms?” Heedo asked walking towards Lennox.

“We’ve always been on bad terms, even before I was born.” Lennox spoke, her face void of emotion. “Come on, we’ve got grocery shopping to do.” Lennox smiled.

“We do?”

“We do! Did you think I was going to give our daughters take out?”

“Our daughters?” Heedo froze, repeating the words.

“Yeah, our daughters. We’re in this together now.” Lennox smiles grabbing Heedo’s hand and pulling him out the room. “So, what’s Jaein’s favorite food?”

 

wbUFxcbZaxqBzxhINP8OfTxLl3o4E10jA08cgijbdLMHQk2mznwOAFnexA0qXUnVCxNhaoT3dMugYmpXs73NHG_Vp9b6pCwoVyV4T0N6gTbdRFer4bprHnDofFs3i4KUyD1S_fd6

 

“I don’t understand why you’re here Devan?”

“Yeah… I don’t understand it either…. how’s your mom doing?”

“She’s good…. she’s finally breathing without the oxygen tube….”

“That’s good…. I actually wanted to talk to you about her…..”

“Let me guess you got my dad’s email…”

“Yeah...I did…” Devan sighed. “I um….I wanted to deny the offer but your dad is really insistent on me taking shares…..”

“Do you not want them?”

“I don’t deserve them….”

“What do you mean you don’t deserve them? You’re one of,if not the hardest working person I know. If you don’t want to take them because of me, please change your mind.”

“It was never supposed to go this far….”

“It’s not your fault that we fell in love.”

“But it is my fault…. look I’m going to tell you the truth and you can hate me afterwards, but I need your help.”

“Okay Devan, what’s going on? You’re making me nervous.”

“The only reason I agreed to be friends with you was because I thought I could hurt your parents by using you.”

“Devan I-”

“Yeah I know it was wrong of me. You were innocent in all this. I knew all along about your parents involvement in my brothers case.”

“Devan -I”

“It’s just Minsu-”

“Devan I knew that you were using me.”

“..you….you knew….”

“As subtle as you thought you were being, you couldn’t hide the hatred in your eyes when you looked at my parents. I just didn’t care because I loved you…..I still love you…”

“Ten…”

“I’m not mad at you Devan. We can just start over. You can take the shares, work at the hospital again, I know we’ll both be busy with work but we can still make time for each other. Maybe we can get a place together that way can always have one place to ourselves.”

“I killed your mother.”

“No you didn’t. She was hit by a car.”

“Because of me. Kind of. When I came to Korea, I met Minsu. He was this guy I met looking for a part time dance teacher to teach female classes. We became friends told each other everything. He talked me into applying because I started to chicken out after moving here. He motivated me to stay at the hospital, he became my support system. I never thought that I could be played.”

“Played? Devan, what are you talking about?”

“Minsu used me. I was his pawn in a bigger scheme.”

“What scheme?”

“Your parents and Minsu’s father were all fellows at the hospital. You father just so happened to have all the good luck. He got the job and he got the girl. But Minsu’s father, that was just the beginning of his misfortune. He turned to the slots and gambled away all his money and then some.”

“Devan where is this going?”

“You never did like long stories.” Devan scoffed. “Anyway, Minsu holds just as much resentment as his father probably even more because he’s the one who hit your mom with the car.”

“HE WHAT!?”

“Sit down and shut up!” Devan said through gritted teeth as she pulled him back down into his seat.

“I told him that I wanted out, that I couldn’t do this anymore. He not so kindly reminded me why we were doing everything. Next thing I know I’m staring at your mom in the hospital with a pillow in my hands wanting to end her life. I wanted a fresh start for myself after we decided to end things, but he followed me back home and told me he wouldn’t go down alone. I knew that I needed to tell you everything…”

“And now we’re here….”

“Yeah… Ten, I truly am sorry about everything I’ve put you and your family through over the past months.”

“You know…” Ten started with a sigh, as he leaned back in his seat. “Even after you confessing everything…. I still don’t blame you. Love blinds us from what’s right and what’s wrong. Maybe I should blame love, but if it wasn’t for love I would have never met you.”

“I can’t do this…” Devan whispered before running off from the table, Ten rushing right after her.

“Devan!” Ten yelled, catching her arm and spinning her into his chest. “You aren’t alone anymore. Not now, not ever.”

 

wbUFxcbZaxqBzxhINP8OfTxLl3o4E10jA08cgijbdLMHQk2mznwOAFnexA0qXUnVCxNhaoT3dMugYmpXs73NHG_Vp9b6pCwoVyV4T0N6gTbdRFer4bprHnDofFs3i4KUyD1S_fd6

 

Image result for passion 5 seoul


 

“Phi don’t run!” Lennox yelled as Phoenix ran to the cake display.

“She must really like cakes.” Heedo laughed as he watched Phoenix look at the cakes in awe.

“Actually she hates them, she just thinks they look pretty. I’m pretty sure she’ll be a baker when she gets old, but Jay keeps saying the music gene just hasn’t hit her yet.” Lennox chuckled before noticing that Jaein was still beside her.

“Do you want to pick out the cake with Phi?” Lennox asked, bending down to Jaein, who shook her head no.

“Hello again.”

“Hey Imani. How are you?” Lennox said standing up with Jaein in her arms.

“I’m alright. Although I did miss my favorite customer.”

“Well she’s over there admiring you work.” Lennox laughed while trying to soothe Jaein, who seemed to be scared of Imani.

“And who’s this cutie?” Imani said teasingly.

“This is Jaein, Phoenix’s sister.”

“I ment the guy.” Imani laughed, walking closer to Lennox. “Hello Jaein. Would you like to try some cake?”

“....I don’t like cake…” Jaein whispered.

“Then why don’t we go and find you something else. Would you like that?” Imani asked and received a nod from Jaein.

“Why don’t you go with them?” Lennox asked Heedo as she placed Jaein back on the ground.

“Umm Yeah…” Heedo agreed following Imani and Jaein to a part of the store that seemed to be everything but cakes.

Lennox sighed. Ever since picking up the girls from school, Heedo had been surprisingly quiet. Lennox was now wondering if Heedo was actually afraid of his own daughter.

“Mommy! This one has strawberries on it!” Phoenix yelled across the store and Lennox had never been more grateful that the store was empty.

“Alright Jaein! Chocolate, caramel, or fruity?” Imani asked Jaein, who tightly held onto Heedo’s hand.

“... Chocolate…..”

“Ohhh that’s my husbands favorite.” Imani smiled.

“You’re married? You look too young to be married.”

“I could say the same about you.” Imani chuckled. “I’m 25 by the way. My husband’s 29. Met him in college and I guess I couldn’t get enough.” Imani recalled as she walked behind the counter and off to the back.

“...Do you like chocolate?” Jaein asked Heedo, looking up at him.

“Ahhh…. no, I actually like carmel.”

“Ohhh…. Did my mom like Chocolate?” Jaein asked, causing Heedo to freeze. He had never been more thankful than he was right now to see Imani walking back out with Jaein’s chocolate treats.

“I made them for my husband but I’m sure he wouldn’t mind sharing some with a cutie like you.” Imani spoke as she handed the box to the Jaein.

wn2ufYHX6DTjxV6P0_8Zg_55wqyoWbpiry4ibX1PEa5V8hrpOVQFGmil9lbZ18ihMgKhjXtyDxhWDMEaSjwQ7rB8TxRs36MKH8oyK7jSwYCIrC6IdAVjiENPhG_-CGUWb-pK6sSm

“Those are adorable.” Lennox spoke as she and Phoenix joined the trio.

“Well Jaewon is a softy for cute chocolates.”

“Heedo, do you mind taking the girls to the car while I show Imani which cake Phoenix wants.”

“Yeah…” Heedo spoke hesitantly as he took the keys from Lennox and headed out with the girls.

“He’s scared of kids?” Imani asked walking to the cake side of the store with Lennox.

“He’s just not used to being a father yet.”

“Well I think he’s got the right person to teach him.”

“Yeah, Jay’s a great father.” Lennox spoke, pointing out the cake.

“I meant you.”

“No way. I can’t make him not scared. It takes time. I remember crying the first time I got left alone with Phi. I mean it’s what I wanted but it’s a huge adjustment, more so for Jaein than Heedo. She’s spent her life with her grandparents. And now she suddenly has her father just like he suddenly has a daughter. They need each other.”

“Yeah, well they’ll also need you. Don’t forget how special you are. Now go, I’m sure he’s having a panic attack in the car.”

Lennox grabbed the boxed up cake as well as the smaller box of macaroons she purchased.

“I think what you’re doing for his family is amazing.”

“It was the right thing to do.”

“Always the righteous one.” Imani said rolling her eyes. “Just promise me one thing.”

“And what might that be all mighty and powerful.” Lennox joked, bowing down to Imani.

“Try and enjoy this moment. Even if you know that it’ll all come to an end, you can look back and say that even if it was just a short time, I felt real happiness.”

“I should get going. It is a school night for the girls. Make sure you bring Jaewon by the restaurant when he gets back.”

“No wonder they made her and Tarren related.” Imani sighed as she watched Lennox leave out.

“Hey!” Lennox spoke as she looked back over her shoulder. “You deserve to feel real happiness too.”

 


 

DgUYTyErNLRpOLeuYciV5xvnDW9FjAe4meq66Fcv9nPYFRDlO8v5mdLWHKeyo6ogD0Q1X9Mjx_N6tgqD84YE09pe0NQungTLKZoCoUrZIcVgI_aeCR7K6aNukzfnrZP7wkFO8Qwn

Yoo Jaein

5 years old

Heedo’s daughter

Has been living with her grandparents up until now


 

UM5IlR-WHfKca4b_XoH8461apXIG6tVzLKiEvsjevx-akXBFnjBP7fg51P8zm0ALPigIcVqZHpZKTmRLZVnyolj1Ir7rBxJGZq6DJvxR-nDl8MvXTMsK7BXSAhenF5NV_Q_KWCPy

Imani

25 years old

Runs Passion 5 Bakery

Married to Jung Jaewon


 

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!! I’m back guys!! I hope you’ve all been well! Im sooo sooo soooooooo sorry for the sudden hiatus, let me just say that depression is a and I’ve been dealing with it for the past year. At some point this story became hard to write because I didn’t want the story to get dark and spiral beyond my control. I do feel like I’m in a place that I can start writing this story again. I felt as though I needed another character and so Imani has been born. I plan to explore her more in the next chapter as well as Destynee. Feel free to leave a comment down below with your thought on this chapter below. If you haven’t already checked out my newer story Bittersweet, please do and let me know what you guys think.

See you all soon!! Love you guys!