CHAPTER 5: Locked

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rosé
 

We're on our fifth rehearsal today. To tell you the truth, I don't have any idea how everything's going so far (that's not my problem anyway, as long as my story is being portrayed well I'm good). 

Honestly, I do want to put my personal spotlight on the rehearsal but something--or rather someone else--keeps snatching my focus. I mean I'm trying, but I just cannot stop myself from fuming over that jerk. Just the sight of his coconut-head annoys me (I mean sure, before he was such an eye candy but now he's like, uhhhh, fine he's still an eye candy but I still hate him).

Flashback to the second day of rehearsal, I was late again (because I have a life apart from this, kidding, I had so much things that I had to settle since I'm living here in Korea for a while), and just sat down immediately as soon as I saw the vacant seat beside the directors.

I was taking out my own copy of the script, sticky notes and pens when I heard the person at my left mutter rudely, "Theatre time, huh."

It was freaking Coconut-Head and he was looking at his watch. He was basically saying, "You shouldn't have come if you're two hours late already." 

I was still thinking of what I could possibly retort but then Director Bang interrupted my thoughts, "It's a good thing you came. We actually decided to do another read-through today to help them in their characterization more."

"Really?" I smirked. Too bad for this jerk then, "Then you guys wouldn't mind if I tell you frankly my opinions, right?"

They started reading again and breaking down the lines every after scene. Whenever they're lost or totally going in a different direction to how I envisioned it, I'd give them explanations encouragingly. I didn't flat out give the answer because I want them to learn it by themselves.

Everything was going smoothly until Jungkook. "I have a question Or--Rosé," my left eyebrow twitched as I heard him almost call me Orange.

"What is it?" I think I hissed but hopefully nobody noticed it.

"You told me yesterday I was lacking. I read the script a hundred times then after you said that," he looks at me sullenly wanting me to take the hint.

But I'll play with him just because he deserves it, "Was that a question?" In a small voice that only he could hear, I add, "Stupid freaking Coconut-Head."

His jaw locks intensely and his eyes glower at me which I returned with a mischievous look, neither of us wanting to back out.

I don't know how long we were gazing at each other's eyes but I didn't want to lose and it doesn't help that his eyes are just really beautiful that it's hard not to stop and just let myself get drowned from it. Uhm. (This is not how I wanted to portray this. Please forget the beautiful eyes part. I only meant that I, uh, hate him.)

"Rosé," Jessica taps me. "Just give him at least something where he could start like the others." She then whispers, "Be professional even if he's getting on your nerves."

She's right. I'm bringing too much of my personal issues in this. Whew. Whew. Deep sighs Rosé. Breathe in, breathe out. Repeat.

I gave him a piece of advice then, like really, just a tiny piece. "Just don't over-think about it."

He smiled and shook his head then in disbelief, then closed his eyes and pursed his lips. He was obviously brooding that I wasn't giving anything more than those five words.

 

The next rehearsals continued like that. I was picking on every mistake Jungkook was doing. Every unsatisfactory performance, I pointed out and flatly called him out for it. He'd piss me then by muttering some unintelligible words (that I bet were curses) or making faces in response. Sometimes he did it in subtlety, sometimes not so much. Sometimes Director Bang (who has so no sense at all) will defend him from me then he'll smile sardonically.

Today, I have a new resolution though.

For the sake of the play, I'll do my very, very, very best to ignore him no matter how big of a douche he is from now on. Starting today, he doesn't exist to my world and is just simply an actor who was given the task to play as the main character.

I mean to be honest, he's actually really doing a good job so I can't really find any fault anymore, and people will find it really weird (if they haven't yet) if I keep on insulting him. If I have complaints or suggestions, I'll just tell SinB or Jessica (but definitely not Director Bang, I feel like he has some kind of favoritism towards Coconut).

I arrive at the rehearsal hall and find the place empty. Am I too early or is the rehearsal over? I glance at my watch. I'm pretty sure I'm twenty minutes early. I text SinB then and ask her why no one's here. 

SinB replies, "Of course no one's there. Everyone's here already at the Grand Theatre. I messaged you last night. Did you not get it?"

Oopsie. I scroll up our conversation and of course it's my fault. I reply, "Oopsie I forgot. I'll head there then."

 

I walk down the stairs until I see that Thai girl whom I probably have unfairly mistreated because of that jerk she's with on stage (who's laughing so hard as if he's totally oblivious to the world).

Or so I thought.

He loses his wide grin as soon as our eyes met. We do another stare-down contest. He then shifts back his attention to blondie (I should really learn her name and apologize to her later) when she pressed her hand to his thigh. 

God.

Are they really flirting already? Shouldn't they just be practicing their scenes. I don't remember writing Silena as someone very touchy! I mean, what do you care Rosé? They're probably just trying to be comfortable with each other. Today, behave. Okay. Right, I'm not going to pick on him today, just be indifferent to him.

The rehearsal then proceeds smoothly as no one was being such a brat (and that would be me). Everyone was actually doing well. Coconut and uh, what's her name? I ask SinB then. Oh Lisa. Okay. Anyway as I was saying, even Jungkook and Lisa are doing well and look good together that I hate it. 

Uh.

What?

Not hate that they're together. I mean, together like a couple in the play. Anyway, I just meant to say that I would hate it if they didn't have chemistry or else it's a disaster for the play. For the play, yes.

 

The rehe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter