CHAPTER 14: Perfect

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook

 

"Just ten--no, five more minutes!"

Is what she said for the past hour. But it's okay, it's all good. According to my plan, we're still on schedule. 

What schedule? Well. Today's the first time Rosé and I are going out on an official date. And well, to make sure that it's going to be perfect, I made an itinerary of activities we're going to follow to make sure today is going to be the best one yet.

But if Rosé plans to stay in her room and goes for another stare-down contest with the mirror for another half an hour, then everything I planned will be ruined.

I don't get it. I've seen her in her worst-barefaced and crappy baggy clothes when she had to pull an overnighter rewriting some scenes--and she was still beautiful.

I stand up from her couch in the living room and step towards her bedroom door. Just before I could knock, Rosé opens the door which painfully bumps with my forehead.

"Ow," I touch the area that got hit.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" Rosé holds my face in both of her hands and blows on my forehead.

I smile at her worried face. Ah, she's so cute. Then I look at her from head to toe and I couldn't stop myself from being shook that I blurt out, "Wow."

"Gosh Jungkook, did that bump make you unable to utter more than a single word?" She dismisses my remark although it was obvious on her flushed cheeks that she likes it.

"Seriously, I can't get over how beautiful you are," I grab her by the waist and nuzzle her nose then peck her, "and that you are mine."

She smiles through the pepper kisses as she calls me, "Jungkook, Jungkookie, Kookie, Coco Kookie."

"Mm?" I simply mumble, not wanting to waste even a second not having my lips on hers.

"I thought we have a strict schedule today?"

Ah right. I want to badly say screw that because I don't want to stop but I mustn't. I can't let my own selfish desires ruin this date for the both of us. So I reluctantly end the kiss and say, "Yeah we do. So are you ready?"

"Yes!" She squeals in excitement and clings to me. "Lead the way mister!"

 

"So where are we going now?" Rosé asks as soon as she gets inside the car.

"How about we buckle your seatbelt first," and so I fix hers. Taking the chance, I kiss her full on the lips as soon as my face got close to hers.

"Stop kissing me every chance you get! We won't be able to go on our actual date if you continue this," she scolds playfully.

I retort in the same perky manner, "Then stop being so tempting!" and I kiss her on the cheek.

"Seriously Jungkook."

"Okay, okay. Let's go," I finally step on the pedal and drive away then.

Rosé and I talk a lot during the drive; we try to take turns in sharing our own share of frivolous stories. Like how she really likes tiramisu, and how she remembers every disney song by heart. Or those rare times I lost in some games of luck I played with my friends. Two of the consequences I did was finishing a disgusting spicy drink, and crossdressing as a girl from Joseon era while doing a traditional dance.

When Rosé says she can't think of anything to tell anymore because most of her time was just really spent on writing, I suggest to just turn on the radio so we could listen to music and enjoy on road.

It’s a beautiful life
I’ll be by your side
It’s a beautiful life
I’ll be behind you
Beautiful love
If I am with you under the sun

I remove one hand from the steering wheel and intertwine it with hers as I sing along to Crush's official soundtrack hit for the drama Goblin. I really like this song. And it's even more meaningful now that this beautiful girl is beside me.

"Why are you staring at me?" Rosé blushes and smiles bashfully. She then averts my gaze and mutters, "Look in front of you, would you? I don't want to get into an accident just because you can't take your eyes off of me pabo."

I kiss her hand that was glued to mine before obeying her, "Ha, you're really cute!"

Rosé gags and I see that she's put on a disgusted face, quickly replacing my favorite expression of her blushing. "I hate that word."

My brows knitted in confusion and curiosity, "Why?" I've been referring her as cute all this time--well just inside my mind--I didn't know she hated it so much.

"Because." There's a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Because?"

"Can we not talk about it?"

"Why?"

"Because I don't like it," she flatly rejects the conversation.

But of course, being the stubborn person I am, I press on, "Why not? What's wrong with cute? You are cute."

"Ugh!" Rosé covers her ears and scowls, "I said I hate that so don't call me that."

"Again, why?"

"Because you say cute all the time like its nothing!" That's it? I was about to retort but then she babbles, "And as if that's not irritating enough, you also said you like cute things and that Lisa just happens to be the all-time cutest fluffy being according to you."

"I didn't say that," I rack my brain but I don't really remember telling her that.

"You didn't exactly say that, but you were implying it!" She angrily looks outside the window with her arms crossed.

"No, I just said that because I was covering up the fact that I find you--" It takes me a few seconds before it hits me. I smirk at the realization, "Wait a minute. Is this you being jealous?"

"Of what?" She scoffs, "Of who?"

But I dismiss her pretense, "Oh you are so jealous, it's so cu--adorable. Adorable. You truly are adorable." I laugh out loud as I find her so endearing, being jealous over something that silly. I stop then when I sense her killer glare.

"Okay fine I am, so can we please drop this topic now?" Rosé pouts and mumbles, "Where are we going anyway?"

"You'll see," I smirk knowing she'll forgive me and forget everything after our date I planned so well.

 

Rosé

 

"What do you mean it got cancelled?!"

Jungkook bellows in rage at the receptionist of the famous hotel restaurant we're currently at. Apparently, one of the new employees accidentally deleted our reservation in their computer and so another couple took our spot.

It's really a simple silly mistake that we can just forgive and find another place, but I guess Jungkook's at his limit since this is the third and final itinerary of his that didn't go according to his plan.

The first one was the amusement park date. We got there early to avoid the line (and also so we can go to the other places Jungkook planned to go), but turns out, there wasn't a need to since there really won't be a line as the park was closed for the day because of a music video shoot.

The second activity then was to watch a movie, which we still wasn't able to do because again, by the time we arrived, all tickets for the current and the next timeslot were already sold out (what's up with movies and us???). I suggested then to just drive to the restaurant since the traffic jam is about to get worse.

And it really was the worst.

The traffic was so horrible. It took us two hours just to get past a supposedly 30-minute drive because of two car crash accidents. It also didn't help that I was with someone who didn't want to talk or do anything with me, and just has his brows knitted, and his lips pursed into a tight line.

So here we are.

"I'm really sorry. This is really a mistake on our part. But, our tables are already full for the night and we can no longer accommodate you. What we can do is offer you a free dinner next ti--"

"Next time? I won't be coming back to this ty restaurant. Do you know what time it is already? Where and when can my girlfriend and I have dinner at this rate?!"

God this is too much drama for our first date. 

If the goal of this date is to never forget it, then surely it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter