CHAPTER 24: End of Loop

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook

 

“Did we,” Rosé continues to ask despite knowing the answer, “D-did we just—“

“Yes Rosé,” I take a deep breath as even I can’t believe of this fate that we share once again. “We got locked in, again.”

“No, no, no, no,” Rosé shakes her head disbelievingly, “this is not true. This is not happening.”

“Pretty sure it is,” I nonchalantly say as I scrunch my hair, frustrated with the internal debate taking place inside of me

…Should I or should I not? I mean, the last time we were in this situation, all our misunderstandings got resolved. But if I don’t…well, look at her. I can feel her hair rising from where I’m standing. She’s scared as hell. But what if this is really the key to us—oh but I think she’s about to cry now.

Oh , what should I—

“Stop it, you’re not helping!” Rosé suddenly yells.

Despite being perplexed and quite irked by her sudden outburst, I try to respond calmly the best I can—though I honestly think I failed, “I’m just saying the truth Ros—“

“Shut it!” she cuts me off again. “You know, this is entirely your fault. If you didn’t follow me here this wouldn’t have happened again. We wouldn’t be trapped together!” Rosé then aims her judging finger harshly at my left—she couldn’t pinpoint me flawlessly in this darkness.

“Yeah,” I scoff. “If only I didn’t seek for you then maybe it’s just you alone who would have gotten stuck here in the dark accompanied by your gadgets that are once again all out of battery.”

“Whatever. He’s going to look for me anyway. He always looks out for me,” she mutters the latter part to herself only, but it was loud enough for my ears to pickup.

“Mark won’t,” I smirk.

“Excuse me?”

“I said,” I grin even wider as I suppress the laughter, “Mark won’t look for you tonight.”

“You’re wrong.” Rosé continues to provoke, “Mark will find me just as he found and cured the broken Rosé in New York. Because you know, unlike some other people, Mark truly loves me. How do I know that? Because I can see and feel it by how he’s always at my side. On how he has never left me and has never made me feel alone, not even once. Ah,  and uhm, through his sweet touch, his calming words…those are how I know Mark won’t be able to take even a wink of sleep at all if I’m not by his side, at the bed, right now, where we should be cuddling.”

My fists instantly curl into tight balls of rocks with every word she says. I know she’s bluffing. I know she and Mark are platonic as hell, but that doesn’t make it less venomous, less painful because I know what she truly meant. That I’m the person who broke her, who left her and made her feel alone.

What hurts more is the fact that she doesn’t believe that I truly loved her, that I still sincerely love her even now.

Probably feeling suffocated of the thick mute air around us, Rosé starts to fidget, “And uh, Mark probably misses me a lot now, and uhm, probably--no, he surely wants to hug and uh, kiss me, yes kiss me right now so bad that uh, he is probably running like a mad man right now—“

“You’re still the worst liar Rosé,” I chuckle without a single ounce of humor in it as I reminisce to all the times she tried to fabricate her feelings.

I remember that day after we got locked up, she had to take four cups of coffee because she wasn’t able to sleep at all. She would deny it until today, but I know it’s because of me. I know because she’s not the only one who had a hard time getting the Zs as that was the day I couldn’t stop thinking about her too.

Or that day we were supposed to go on our first movie date but I ditched her. I tried to accept her excuses then as the truth, but deep down I knew she was lying. Who on earth can suddenly appear in the mall that’s at least 10 minutes away from the mall? Not to mention that she was fully dressed and made-up when she just announced that she hasn’t even taken a bath. And after sitting-in in one of her pre-date sessions, I knew it just couldn’t be true.

Ah. The Dwaeji Gukbap! That one has to be one of my favorite lies of hers. When she cooked Pork Rice Soup for me because I was being such a loser when Taehyung and Lisa got together—which made no sense really, because she was always like a little sister to me. I think I was just envious of what they had. Rosé was so cute then. She kept on blabbering until I couldn’t stop myself from laughing because of how adorable she was. I mean really, she just happened to have the complete set of ingredients as leftovers in her fridge?

“What do you mean?” Rosé asked, completely baffled yet anxious too as she swallows a big slump of nerves.

“I know you and Mark aren’t together like that.”

“Jungkook, what are you saying?” She then cackles unconvincingly, “Don’t you even remember that morning you suddenly came to my unit? We were both, uhm, half-dressed. Why do you think so?” she—weirdly—proudly beams.

.

I don’t have an answer for that too. When I asked Mark about that, he just smirked at me and said, “It’s a secret between me and Rosé. Ah... that night was awesome.”

I know he was just teasing me, but I’m still troubled by the image of them being half- together, just the two of them—not that it would have been fine if they were a bigger number because that would have been a lot weirder.

“Rosé, just stop lying already,” a hint or more of my distress is etched in my tone. “Mark has explained everything to me already so just stop.”

“I—uh," Rosé stutters upon the revelation, "well I, uhm," her facial expression transforms into a meek sheep. That until a few seconds later when her eyes turns into the sharpest daggers.

 

Rosé

 

“Well despite your supposedly set of acting skills, you were never a good liar too you know.” Now that folks, is what I call an epic comeback (I deserve a pat on my shoulder for that).

Jungkook then opens his mouth, then closes it and just sniggers (I take back everything I said before, I hate him).

Agitated by his reaction, I continue to mock him, “I mean if you were, you could have gotten the roles you wanted instead and not the second choice. Also, maybe then you could have hidden your affair with Lisa better, you freaking Coconut!”

One of Jungkook’s eyebrow twitches (Okay I admit that was kind of low of me, but that’s nothing compared to all he did, right?). “Fine, I’m a rated B actor, maybe not even C,” I did not say that, “But why are you endlessly trying to bring the Lisa issue up? You know that’s not what happened—and what? Did you just call me Coconut?”

“Yes I did! And why not? You are still a Coconut.” I mean, really, after three years, nothing new in your hairstyle at all (just because you look so hot in it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t change it up a bit)?

“Well, I’m sorry Or—er—Chipmunk if I rock this hairstyle so much.”

D-did, did he just call me “Ch-Chipmunk?!”

“Pudgy cheeks that look like they’re a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter