CHAPTER 12: Try

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rosé

 

"And you're decided already?" misery etches in Jungkook's voice that it makes my heart ache.

"....And besides, why should I pass on such a golden chance. That's Broadway. That's New York," I hear myself babbling non-stop because of the rising tension in the room.

Sure, Jungkook and I have argued before when we hated each other. But it was never like this. It was always about something shallow and trivial. Never had we gone deep, never have we had a fight about our personal lives. Because that's like our secret rule, we have fun but nothing more than that because to him, I'm just a friend.

So why? 

Why does it feel like he doesn't want me to go? Why does it feel like he's holding onto me and that he can't stand not having me by his side? Surely, he doesn't li--Stop it Rosé. Stop hoping for something that will just hurt you further in the end.

So I shake off these thoughts and tell him, "Honestly, there's no reason for me to stay anyway."

As soon as I say that, Jungkook narrows the space between us in a rush and softly cups my face that my heart pounds in a loud and frantic pattern. I can feel his warm minty breath on me. A hint of panic fills me with the sudden sweet movement from him.

He forces me to look into his eyes and I see his orbs that are dark, dangerous and resolute. He asks me then, "What do you mean there's none?"

I have thought of this a hundred times that I have collated a thousand answers to that question. But every single one of those get obliterated from my mind as I suddenly feel Jungkook's lips softly pressing against mine.

My eyes widen and my whole body freezes as I realize what is happening while Jungkook continues to pepper me with slow sugary kisses. Too sweet that I could feel myself losing the battle. I find my eyes closing, my arms going around his waist bringing him closer, and the beat of my heart rising as I kiss him back.

The kiss then becomes more intimate that I had to take a second to breathe. Jungkook takes advantage of my parted lips, tilts his face for a better angle, and slides in his tongue. He moves it along with my own, dancing with it gracefully until I hear myself whimper.

And that's when the sirens on my head went off.

I push him away with all the conscience I still have. I glance at him, at his glorious wet lips, at his flushed face, and at his startlingly beautiful eyes that are studying my every feature as well. It was evident on every inch of us that we kissed. 

We kissed.

He kissed me.

I kissed him back.

And nothing.

Nothing comes to my mind on how we arrived to this. Instead, all that fills me is the addicting flavor of him that I want to taste over and over again. The feel of his sultry lips against mine keeps on replaying on my mind...

But I don't get it. I just don't get it why he did it. I don't even know what to say or do. So I did the only thing I could think of.

I walked out.

 

Jungkook

 

It takes me a few minutes to realize that I have been standing alone in the theatre for quite a while now.

I just kissed Rosé. It was never in my plan. Sure, it had appeared in my dreams--awake or not, but never, never have I thought we would really do it in real life. Me kissing Rosé? Normally, I would think that's weird because we're not the type to do that. But something in me took over and I'm glad it did.

And when she kissed me back, everything just felt right. It felt the best thing that has ever happened in my entire life. It's as if every single puzzle piece finally fits together. It's as if I'm being healed from everything. And nothing else mattered than that kiss. Nothing else than Rosé.

But then she cuts it. She shoves me away and takes a few steps backward. Her eyes looked like it was electrified in a mixture of shock and desire. Her lips, even though it swelled from the passionate exchange, looked only more attractive to me. And her face gets redder in every short quick breath she does that equally matches mine.

Neither of us moved and just kept staring at each other. Until she breaks off the eye contact, grabbed her things and sprinted towards the door.

When my flashback ends, my knees buckle forcing me to take a seat. I ask myself then, why? Why did I do that? What will I do now? How will I face Rosé now? What's going to happen between us now?

However, my brain can't figure it out all yet because of the fogginess from the kiss that still lingers. Ha. But, what I know is, Rosé and I need to talk as soon as we can, before she leaves--not that I will let her because just the thought of her being away breaks me.

 

The following days, I try to talk to Rosé but it somehow ends up as a failure. For an instance, I'll go to her and try to keep it random at first like, "Hey guess what, I was so bored yesterday that I researched the different shades of Orange." She'll respond normally then--the weird, cute and funny that she is.

But then if I try to bring the conversation closer to what we really need to talk about, she'll go, "You know what, I forgot that Jennie and I have plans, like right now."

"We do?" Jennie obviously didn't get the hint immediately but tries to cover it up, "Oh right we do. Silly me! Sometimes I'm just so forgetful Jungkook, forgive me but I gotta steal my friend now."

And that went on for a week until she realizes that I'm not going to put an end to this until we actually talk, she stops attending rehearsals again. Today, however, I know she's going to be present because it's the 13th of June, the first day of show.

And she is. And she looks stunning more than ever. She wore a pink and red ensemble that showcased her feminine flower-like beauty.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter