EXCERPT: Our Bench by the Han River

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s just another normal day.

If normal meant having to wake up at around four in the morning for an early photo shoot, then simultaneously recording songs and learning choreographies, topping it off with an interview with an international broadcast station, then yes. It was another normal day for Jeon Jungkook.

Sitting on a stool at 10:48PM with just a microphone on his hand, this is the first time Jungkook, and probably the rest of the BTS members, is able to have a breather. Because really, interviews are now a piece of cake for them especially since they have heard every question that’s possible in their five years of global fame, even those that seem scandalous and insensitive.

Yes, even international interviews that are usually handled by Namjoon, their leader who is impressively fluent in English. Whereas the rest of them either just smile, puts in a few slangs, nods, pretends to understand, etc. But mostly, they just talk when the question is directed at them.

Just like now, “Jungkook, I heard you are surprisingly an introvert.”

Jungkook responds after Namjoon translates for him, “Ah yeah. Especially before, I was really shy back then.”

Suga then goes on to say, “That’s true. He couldn’t even take his clothes in front of us!”

“Nor sing or dance when he’s training to become an idol,” Jin laughs, a similar sound to screeched glass windows as always.

“But when I grow comfortable around people and I have enough trust in them like a real family, I became more outgoing and cheerful.”Jungkook then continues, concluding his answer, “It’s been years since I’ve considered them as my own brothers, so I’m not really reserved with any of them anymore. In fact, I’m just too close with them that there’s a bit of each of their personalities in me already.”

“He’s the BTS concoction,” Namjoon smoothly finishes for their beloved maknae, after translating everything.

“BTS can--tion-u!” Taehyung repeats in his cute accent. Jimin of course just adorably laughs at his best friend. Even more when Hoseok does his trademark sound effects.

Jungkook was about to daydream when the interviewer once again calls his attention. Unusual when Namjoon is just in front of her, I know. “That’s great to hear. I’m sure your fans are relieved and happy to hear that. But I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter