EXTRA SCENE 1: Truth or Drink

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin

 

“Yah jagiya! We’re gonna be late again if you don’t get your freaking y out here, right now!”

“Just five minutes!”

“What?! Do you want our ears to bleed again? Don’t you remember how Rosé almost bit our ears off when we were late by a minute?!”

Ignoring the nagging outside the bathroom, I continue to shave all the little hair that has sprouted under the chin until my perfectly handsome face resurfaces.

Ah, will you look at that. Mwah! This man on the mirror definitely deserves a flying kiss.

Jisoo then bangs on the door, giving me another shock yet again. Aish, seriously, this girl doesn’t know how to wait. It’s not like she doesn’t know my skin needs more love and care and tremendous effort now that I’m in my late twenties. Hmm! Wait till she reaches this age, her flawless skin now will crack too.

I check out myself on the mirror for the last time before finally opening the door, revealing my girlfriend whose mouth is hanging wide open as if she was cut-off before she could even speak. Jisoo’s gaping face blushes then, probably by the mere presence of the beautiful art in front of her, a.k.a. me.

“See? I’m always worth the wait,” I wink at her playfully, hoping that that gesture would be enough for her to forget my current sin.

Jisoo grins and pinches my cheeks, stretching it indefinitely as if it is the stretchy-est rubber-band ever. “Tell that to Rosé because I’m so telling on you. I am so not going to be a part of her squabbling.”

“Well aren’t you the sweetest?” I ask in my best sarcastic tone.

Always a surprise, Jisoo suddenly pecks me on the lips before saying, “Of course, I am.”

 

After a short ten-minute drive, we reach Jungkook’s—and now Rosé’s too—apartment. Tonight is one of those nights where we just talk, play games, pig out and just every kind of fun. We always do it in their apartment because A. They always offer to be the host anyway, B. Who the hell wants to cleanup such mess? And C. Who in the right mind would go against a roaring always-excited-for-these-kind-of-events Rosé anyway?

I check our watch, “We’re early.”

“Then what are we waiting for?” Jisoo goes in front of their door and knocks in a familiar pattern. Where’s it from? I swear I’ve heard it a lot somewhere. She sings then after the last beat, “Do you wanna win against some losers? Let me in, let’s go and play…”

I swear I’m never going to get used to her unexpected spurt of songs and crazy lyrics. She’s absolutely weird. Definitely the weirdest person I have ever met, and probably going to be the weirdest girl in my entire lifetime. But heh, that’s also why I will never get enough of her.

“Go away, Jisoo!” a piercing voice shrieks from the inside.

Jisoo and I look at each other, then to our watches before we stare into each other’s eyes again. It reads 6:43 PM. The invite, like every other invite, clearly stated that the party is at 7 PM.

“B-but we’re early for the first time in forever~,” Jisoo sings again but with an anxious voice. She’s clearly trying to make the atmosphere lighter, trying to appease the scary woman inside.

“Argh!” I scream like a little girl as the front door spreads wide open in a jolt.

I hear the annoying couples—of course, everyone’s here already to witness this—laugh their asses of then while mine stays glued to the floor. My girlfriend, who is lovingly trying her best not to burst into giggles, helps me stand and brushes the dirt off my for me.

She then turns to Rosé, places her closed fists on her hips and glares at her, “Okay that I can’t say was not funny. But the go-away-Jisoo part? That I did not deserve and was totally not funny!”

“Hey, I just went along with you,” Rosé chuckles and forcefully hugs my girlfriend.

“Oh, was that it? Then okay, we’re good!” Jisoo then jumps and hangs on Rosé as if she’s a very light-weighed koala, which she is not. I mean, she isn’t a koala obviously, but she isn’t paperweight as she seems too.

And just like that, the two of them turn into the sweetest marshmallows, throwing each other compliments left and right while walking-hugging each other into the apartment.

Jungkook and I give each other a knowing look once we were the only people left at the door. He murmurs “You’re not the only one with a weird girlfriend.”

I whisper back, “Yeah and I guess that makes us two crazy men.”

 

After a few games, which we guys lost—but only because we’re trying to revive this old stuff called chivalry, we decide to play Truth or Drink.

I sit on the floor in a circle then with Jisoo on my right and Jungkook on my left. Of course, on his other side is Rosé who is sitting next to Jennie. SinB then sits next to her, followed by her clingy boyfriend. Yoongi then takes the spot between Jackson and my girlfriend.

It’s just like the usual formation; we sit beside our partners—with the exception of Jennie and Yoongi. Though to be fair, they aren’t really together so technically, we’re in the old formation still—not that it really matters.

Once everyone has settled, Jackson begins to reach for the bottle when SinB slaps his hand off.

"What was that for babe?!" Jackson whines in between kissing his oo.

"Well what the hell were you thinking, trying to spin the bottle first?"

Seriously, just for that? They're seriously one childish couple. I don't understand how they're a thing. Maybe they're the kind of couple who loves each other because they hate each other too much so there's great tension between them, thus great .

I mean, not that I know what hate is like, just that from the movies it seems so so sometimes I just wonder what it'd be like...uhm. Don't tell Jisoo I said that.

I mean I'm not saying I want to have hate with her…just that I'm really just wondering like a curious student hungry for knowledge in class. Besides, her quirky kinks are enough--too much sometimes--to bury my curiosity to the ground.

"Uhm, because I'm a guy--"

"ist!" Rosé hisses.

"--and the hottest one here," Jackson ends his remark with a smirk.

"That doesn't make sense at all even if it was true," Yoongi rolls his eyes.

"And a liar! Really, SinB? You could have done better," Rosé shakes her head at SinB who just finds Jackson cute--I guess it's safe to assume that all our girls are really missing a nail or two in the head.

"I'm not a liar!" Jackson argues.

"Yes you are," Rosé retorts. "You clearly did when you said you were the hottest here."

True that because obviously I'm the--

"Jungkook is way hotter than you. Jungkook's the hottest!"

"Are you sure Rosé isn't drunk yet?" SinB asks Jungkook furtively.

"No, she isn't. Unlike others, Rosé is the worst at lying." He leans in and speaks to Rosé's ears, "Thanks for the support, love."

"Anytime," and they start to kiss again like no one's watching them.

Jennie cringes at the sight of them and mutters, "I just want to drink."

Yoongi darkly mumbles soft enough for her not to hear, "Then just go and drink with him."

Ah. So this is why these two kids aren't glued to each other's side like they usually are. They're having a cute friends-who-obviously-like-each-other spat because Jennie is hanging out with some other guy these days. These two just need to get drunk and over it.

"Hey!" Jackson interrupts the kiss, the awkward air and my thoughts with a bellow. "The only time I lied is when I acted like I wasn't in love with the most beautiful girl right here beside me."

Every one of us groans in his cheesy comment, even SinB who has her fingers all curled up as if she hates it so much though her blushing face says otherwise.

Jackson winks at his girlfriend and speaks in a gravelly voice, "See, even my honesty is so hot." SinB shoves his face away from hers with a smile she fails to conceal.

"S-still!" Rosé tries to act like she didn't get flustered by Jackson's words though her blabbering didn't help, "I stand by my argument that Jungkook is the most charming, the best-looking and the iest guy not only among this room, but among all men of all nations! I mean, have you seen him ? His glorious body--" she slaps and shuts herself up when she realizes what she just said.

She looks at Jungkook who is scratching the back of his neck with a small shy smile, and she turns even redder.

"Well Rosé darling, clearly you haven't seen mine," Jackson lifts his shirt and shows off his abs which even a guy like me has to admit that it's incredibly toned. But I guess his girlfriend isn't impressed with his action as she hits him in the head hard.

Hah. I guess it's time to extinguish the fire and tell these poor little children the truth.

"Sorry kids, hate to break it to you," I take a dramatic sigh before ending their hopeless dreams; "I'm the best here. I'm Jin, I'm worldwide handsome."

"Seriously? You're butting your stupid in this stupid argument too?!" Jennie glares at me as she pulls her hair in frustration.

Quite--alright, very intimated by her, I request back-up from my favorite person. "Jagi, can you tell them--"

"Spin, spin the bottle, whoever ing cares~ It's just an excuse to drink a lot anyways~" Jisoo sings without a care in what’s happening around her as she spins the bottle, making everyone stop and just stare at her.

Yep, she’s that drop-dead gorgeous.

Also, I really love this girl.

 

Jisoo

 

They were arguing who should spin the bottle when it suddenly became an issue of who is the hottest guy in the room. It’s an unnecessary argument to be honest because even without any bias, I’ll choose Jin every single day. But I’ll never tell him that because his ego is too huge already to feed it even more.

When they were too heated in their debate for them to notice my movement, I slowly reach for the bottle and spin it. There, the noise finally fades out.

Everyone returns to their places as we wait who will be the first two people going to play Truth or Drink. The rule is whoever the mouth of the bottle points will be the one who needs to answer it. If he or she fails to answer, then he or she has to drink. He or she then gets to spin the bottle and ask the question next.

Alright, it’s finally slowing down.

Come on bottle, bottle, bottle. Stop to mama, mama, mama.

Oh, that’s not right because if that happens I’ll get asked. I should make a new song…

Gosh it’s so slow. I wonder who it will pick. I hope it’s neither me nor Jin because I know everything about him already. I mean we’ve been together for five years now, what can he hide from me?

Tuk.

Finally, the bottle stops and points to…Rosé.

“Aha!” I squeal in delight as I get excited when I think of a question. “Rosé, when are you and Jungkook going to get married?”

Rosé’s eyeballs gapes so hard at my question that it looks like it’ll fall off her face. “I, uh—Jungkook and I are—uhm,” she looks at her partner for help but then sees that Jungkook was blushing so hard himself already, scratching the back of his neck. In defeat, Rosé heavily sighs and takes the first tequila shot of the evening.

“Really?” SinB asks in shock, “You guys haven’t talked about it?”

“Well, we just got back together a month ago so…yeah, we’re trying to really just enjoy and take it slow for now,” Jungkook answers for his girlfriend.

"Have you?" I ask SinB as I was curious. Even jin and I don't have plans yet, though that's only because we decided to save a little more before we talk about it again.

"Well, I, uh, it's not my turn so I don't have to answer that," she staggers with a red face.

“Alright, next!” Rosé shouts to hide her previous embarrassment and spins the bottle for the next round.

“Ooh Yoongi-oppa!” Rosé cups her face, her cheeks bulging as she thinks of what to ask the mighty Yoongi.

“Just make it quick,” Yoongi mumbles.

“Yeah, no one’s interested in what he has to say anyway,” Jennie adds to the sour mood of Yoongi. What’s with this couple? Usually, they’re the most inseparable among us even though they’re the unofficial ones. But today, it’s like they’re secretly attacking each other.

Ooh, this awkwardness is so sickening I hope Rosé ends it already with a question.

I take a glance at Rosé who’s pinching her cheeks now. She bites her lip, probably contemplating whether to really ask the question she has decided on. It’s probably a sensitive question based on creases that is now formed on her face.

Finally, Rosé gets the courage to ask Yoongi, “Are you in love with Jennie?”

“W-what?” Even the toughest and scariest person in the room stutters with her question.

Feeling even braver the second time around, Rosé persists, “Do you love Jennie? Are you in love with her?”

I look at Jennie, she has her head down acting like she doesn’t care but her fiddling fingers and toes say otherwise anyway.

“I, uhm, I do—I don—I mean, I, uh— it,” he stammers with the reddest face I’ve seen on him before he finally reaches for the second, and the third, and the fourth shot of the night. Yikes, was that such a hard question? Boys and their useless pride, I’ll never get it.

Yoongi then plays the game with Jackson as soon as he has spun the bottle just for the sake of it. He asks a very boring question, “Are you hungry?”

Jackson almost has to drink to that question because he got a mental block for a few seconds, totally surprised with the unexpectedly dumb question. When he realizes we were doing a countdown for him already, he screams on the top of his lungs that he is indeed starving, hungry for food and hungry for love—eek.

I’m so happy SinB hit him in the face for that.

Rubbing his newly punched cheek, Jackson turns to the next victim: Jennie. “How about you,” he smirks, obviously about to ask an evil question—that I like, “are you in love with my man, Yoo--?”

Jennie drowns in the tequila, almost emptying the bottle before Jackson could even finish his question. Wow, what a pair. They must enjoy this suffering they’re putting themselves in, huh?

Jennie wipes off the excess liquid on her lips, staggers to reach the bottle and finally spins it. Sigh. I call it; Jennie’s a goner by the end of this drinking game.

“Jin, you and Jisoo have been together for what, 5, 6?” I show her a V-sign and an OK-sign to gesture to her the number of years we’ve been together. She shakes her head at me, grumbling how weird I am then continues, “Right, 5 years together. In all honesty, aren’t you sick of each other yet?”

Jin suddenly pulls me at my waist, smiling down at me with a gleam in his eyes before he reveals, “No, because I love her.”

Everyone in the room coos at us when they hear the romantic confession from my guy. Even I have to admit, despite how much I hate cheesy corny things like that, Jin has made my heart beat uncontrollably again just like the first time we kissed—and every time we kiss.

“Ah,” Jennie forlornly sighs, “I guess that’s the difference. You guys love each other.” She then completes her mission of emptying the tequila to its very last drop before we could even protest.

As if that wasn’t enough, Jennie reaches for the second bottle and opens it. Before her lips could reach the mouth of the newly uncorked tequila bottle, a milky white strong hand takes it away from her and places the bottle back in the middle of the circle.

“What the ?” Uh-oh (and yay for live drama) Jennie’s obviously pissed off.

“You’ve drank a lot already. Stop now if you don’t want to regret doing something stupid later like stripping or God knows what-ing-ever your stupid drunk mind tells you to. Can you swear that you’ll be able to go home in one piece with the amount of alcohol inside you?”

“I’m not going to do something stupid and if I do, who cares?”

Why, do you ing care? Don’t act like you care, because if you did then you have done something already all these years—that’s what I think she wants to say after that remark, but that’s just my guess.

Jennie continues, “It’s just us here anyway. And besides…”

“Besides what?” Yoongi asks with an unexplainable pained expression, as if he already knows what’s coming next but wants to confirm it anyway. Hmmm, he’s probably a masochist.

“Besides, he’s going to pick me up later and take me home anyway.”

Ack, this is awkward yet again. Gosh I hate it when the air is so thick because of everyone’s pride, but at the same time I like that it’s not boring. Heh, I’m really a weird girl (sometimes I feel bad for Jin but meh, it’s not like I gave him a love potion anyway).

Planning to cut the stifling atmosphere that’s made everyone apparently mute, I pinch the flesh on Jin’s thigh enough for him to scream, “ARGHHHH!”

I whisper quickly, “Spinthebottlenowandaskalready!”

“Ah!” Jin composes himself and acts as if he’s just excited to play, grabbing everyone’s attention. Unfortunately, it points at me. Gosh, karma acts so fast, doesn’t it? “What was your first impression of me?”

Oh.

.

Of all the questions he can ask….

I turn away from him and crawl towards the shot glass, gulping it in a second.

I hear the others sniggering then, “Well this is fun.”

I try to take a glimpse of Jin and see his hands firmly placed on his hips, his face flushed and full of embarrassment as his eyes narrowed and his lips pouted towards my direction. “Well, looks like we’re having a talk later when we get home.”

Uhm…eek. Gulp. Oops, yikes.

 

Jin

 

“Jin I swear, this girl is the one.”

I didn’t even bother to reply and just scoffed at what my dear friend said. I’ll never believe those same words again from him, he who introduced me to my ex.

“Come on, if it fails, if even at the end of the date you don’t see each other again, then at least take it as a step into moving on,” Sandeul persisted.

Hmm, he’s got a point there. I’ve eluded myself from any social gatherings or any sort of events that could make me remember her too much, that I wasn’t able to do anything to move on from her.

Maybe I should take his offer.

“Who’s the girl anyway, is she even prettier than me?” I asked as I fished for some details about this mysterious girl. I mean, I know looks aren’t everything, but I don’t want someone who will feel burdened by my handsome face then leave me just because she feels less of a girl when she’s with me.

“Oh, you’ll be surprised,” he smirked. Okay. Now I’m full of doubts. Is it a good surprise like she has a face of an angel, or is it the opposite like she’s going to be…manly?

“Age? School? Job? Her hobbies? Her likes and dislikes?”

“Chill dude. Why don’t you ask her yourself when you go on that date?” His eyes shined as if he realized something, “Now you’re interested!”

“I guess,” I shrugged.

Sandeul then took both of my hands and put on an expression of a crazy man, “I swear you won’t regret it Jin. Thank you for going out with her!”

I snickered at his desperation, “Why are you so insistent on this blind date anyway?”

“Ah…I just really think you guys deserve each other plussheblackmailedmetogetheradateorelseshe’llexposeme,” he scrambled the last part making it hard for me to understand.

So I asked, “She what?”

“I said she got black hair too and that you two would look so good together, so go on that date or else you’ll regret it.”

“Alright, alright. Fine, I’m going to that date,” Sandeul mouths a satisfying yes, “but I’m only going as a step as you said. If I don’t like her, don’t beg me for a second date.”

“Yes, just once is enough!” Sandeul moved towards me and was so close to kissing me on the cheek when I shoved him away. I wonder who this girl is and what she did that made him act like that.

 

Friday night came and it’s finally the day I went on that blind date Sandeul literally begged me on bended knees to go. I took my seat on the fancy table at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter