CHAPTER 15: Game Night

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook

 

Ding Dong

Rosé, who is lying comfortably on my lap on her couch, flinches and bolts up at the sound of a doorbell. She sprints towards the door to check if our guests, who are around twenty minutes late already, have finally arrived. 

But to her dismay, there was­­n't a single person displayed on the peephole camera screen. She stomps furiously towards me then and yells, "Jeon Jungkook!"­­

"What?" I smile mischievously at her.

"What do you mean what?" She slaps me by the arm when she hears the chortle that has escaped my mouth. "It's not funny! You've been pranking me for the last hour and I'm really getting pissed now!"

It's only because her expressions are just so adorable--yes, I'm trying to eliminate the word "cute" from my vocabulary--that I can't help but a lot. "Okay, okay. I'll stop now," I delete the doorbell music file in my phone in front of her to assure her.

A few minutes later, while Rosé was double-checking the food, game props, etc., the real doorbell finally rings.

But instead of being excited, Rosé says, "I'm not falling for it you Coconut!"

"Rosé, it's really the doorbell. Someone's here." I sigh as she still doesn't believe me, "Didn't I just delete the file in front of you?"

"So? How do I know if you don't have a backup copy or that you didn't download it again?"

Man, she's too creative for her own good. Lesson learned: Never prank a person with so much trust issues especially if she's a writer. "Fine, don't believe me. If that friend of yours leaves--"

Ding dong! Ding dong!
Knock, knock, knock!
Ding dong ding dong ding dong!

A familiar female stern voice talks loudly outside the door then, "Roseanne Park I know I'm--"

"Late!" Rosé catches her breath as she darts her way to the door from the kitchen that's on the other end of this condo unit just so she could glare at our visitor.

"Hey SinB," I nod at her as I let her come in. I'm a bit awkward with her because I find her scary--please don't tell her that. She scolded me a lot during my first production with CoA--I don't have any grudge though because it's always, a hundred percent, my fault.

Before she could greet me back, Rosé taps on her watch and nags on SinB, "I expected more from the resident stage manager!"

"Hey Jungkook! And good seeing you too Rosé," SinB chuckles. She then explains why she's late, "I didn't want to come empty-handed today so I had a detour and bought a bottle of champagne."

"Awww you bought Rosé champagne?" Rosé takes the bottle from her and takes it to the kitchen to place it inside the icebox where dozens of beer and soju bottles is being kept for later. "You didn't have to but thanks, Saranghae!"

Instead of replying to Rosé, SinB asks me in a low voice instead, "She's on her period, isn't she?"

I chortle at her joke, "I'm sorry, I have no idea if she is." I had no idea as well that SinB is a funny person off-rehearsals. I am reminded then of the time I got scared of Rosé when she scolded me, "SinB is fun." Thinking about it now makes me laugh. I've always thought she and Rosé are friends because they're both shy around people, but I guess it could be the similar humor they share with Jennie too.

Speaking of, "SinBbbbbbbb! Wassup' Jungkook," a gummy-smiling Jennie greets us.

Yoongi follows right behind her, "'Sup guys."

"You two!" Rosé enters the living room again and places her hands on her hips, "Why are you guys late?"

"Oh hey Rosie!" Jennie ignores her question, hugs her and tries to change the topic, "I'm so excited for game night especially since you planned it!" 

It works, "Are you? Oh my gosh me too! I prepared different kinds of games, parlor, couple and team games. Gosh I'm so excited what do you guys wanna do first?"

"Food?" I suggest. I look at the others and check if they agree with me. The girls stares at me in an incredulous look while Yoongi gives me a thumbs-up.

"Pabo!" Rosé scolds me, "You can eat during games. They're finger foods for a reason."

"Ooooh, it's a lover's spat we're witnessing right now," Jennie coos at the side.

Yoongi whispers to her, "Isn't it a little too one-sided to call it that?"

SinB meditates between everything and proposes, "How about we start playing the individual game since we're an odd number right now." She then turns to me and asks, "Which reminds me, weren't you supposed to bring a friend?"

"Yeah, but he's always at least an hour late, but I'll text him just in case."

"Okay great since I only agreed coming here because Rosé promised me that you have a plus one. And since he is your friend, he must be a great guy as well," she winks at me.

"Wow, so SinB no longer has a phobia in romance," Jennie smiles sardonically.

"No it's not--and I don't have a phobia! I just don't have the time for it. I just don't want to be the lone fifth wheel among you disgusting couples," SinB gags.

Great guy huh. Well at least for me, he is a great guy. But for others, especially SinB...I doubt it. From what I remember, they have a history. 

Gulp. They do have a history, bad history. . Why did I remember just now? When Rosé asked me to a bring a friend, I didn't know it was going to be a plus one for SinB so I just invited the person closest to me, literally. . I hope he ditches tonight as always or I'll have to prepare my funeral now.

"So what are we playing?" Yoongi asks while chomping on a burger.

"Mmmm for starters, how about we play a round of Mafia?" Rosé clasps her hands together in excitement but frowns right after, "Oh but it won't work because we're going to be an even number after one becomes a moderator..."

Rosé chews on her lower lip as she thinks hard then finally speaks, "Oh! How about Battle of the es?"

SinB responds, "Ooh I like that! But it's 3 against 2--"

"Doesn't matter. It's fairer that way," Yoongi smirks.

"Uh, Honey, excuse me," Jennie scoffs at Yoongi, "It's so not 'cause you guys are so not at our level. No offense Jungkook," Jennie adds.

Jennie and Yoongi continues to bicker with each other while Rosé sulks in her spot, "Eottokaji?" her eyes getting watery. 

Oh, she is over emotional today. Maybe SinB's right about Rosé being on her period. I quickly move behind her and comforts her with a hug. "It's alright, my friend just texted that he's here--"

"Really?" She turns to face me with her smile reaching both of her ears.

I lift my eyebrows twice at her, "Yep."

"You," Rosé cups my face and kisses me on the left cheek, "really," then on the right side, "are," then back to the other cheek, "the best," and finishes with a quick peck on my lips, which I take advantage of course.

"Ew," SinB mutters, "why am I even here?"

Ding dong!

He's here. I unwrap myself from Rosé and briskly walks towards the door to let my friend in.

"Sorry dude, I got stuck between a cat fight--"

"No worries hyung, you're actually quite early than your usual anyway. I wouldn't have mind to be honest," because I was secretly hoping, "if you didn't come."

"Pabo, of course I'd come. I wanna hang out with your girlfriend," he teases.

Once we reach the living room, I immediately introduce my guest happily, "Hey guys, this is--"

But SinB beats me to it, "Jackson Wang," she says in pure disdain.

SinB glares at Jackson in a mixture of repulsion and loathing for good five full-of-tension seconds before she turns her scowl to me and says, "I thought you had a friend coming? Why did you bring a game instead, Rosé surely prepared tons of it already."

"Game?"

"Yeah, a machine," SinB cursed.

But Jackson just smirks it off, "Which you're free to play of course," then winks at her.

Oooh...this is going to be a fun game night.

 

Rosé

 

We move the furnitures in the living room to the side to create a bigger space for us so we can enjoy the games better. I know, I know. I know what you're all thinking, that we're all adults and that this is so childish. But who cares? It's not like anyone will see us right now (besides, theatre people are way too passionate and competitive that I have to save my house from being wrecked first).

"So how do we play this game?" Jungkook, my ever-supportive loving boyfriend asks in behalf of everyone.

"Okay so it's simple, we split into teams. Girls versus Boys--"

"Duh," Jennie and Yoongi looks at each other teasingly and mutters it at the same time.

"--and then there's going to be 3 rounds that will respectively test the "Brains, Physical Endurance and Creativity". The team with the most points by the end of everything wins."

"Okay so what do we bet on this?" Jackson asks with an evil smile on his face.

I get startled by his question, "Do we have to bet anything? Can't we just play--"

"Losers become slaves for the rest of the night," SinB returns a sardonic smile to Jackson.

"Ooh I like that!" Jennie squ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter