Chapter 26

For Life

Wonshik's head ached, and his ears buzzed with the sound of dripping and droning. He did not, as most people would, open his eyes to check his surroundings first; he waited. He could not remember a single thing- where was he? How'd he get there?

He searched his mind desperately, trying to recount what had happened to him. He remembered the tree... he was with Taekwoon... they... He felt his cheeks heat up at the blurred memory before another name came to mind; it was enough to set his teeth on edge. Woobin.

He was sat. His arms were chained to the wall either side of him and his legs ached from having been folded underneath him for some time. Wonshik stretched them out and paused. There was a humming from somewhere to his right, and a groaning in front of him. There was something about this situation that put him on edge more than it should have, and he was sure it had nothing to do with the fact his hands were tied in this painfully awkward position. No, Wonshik had an idea who was groaning and he very much did not wish to open his eyes to confirm it. No, that would be a very bad thing to do.

Where he sat, his head was lulled forward and he could feel water dripping onto the back of his neck, the freezing liquid drawing goosebumps from his flesh. There was a buzzing, like from a flickering half-dead gas lamp- and then the humming stopped.

Wonshik decided that it would be best to open his eyes at that moment.

He was in a chamber of some sort; that was the best description of it. He wasn't entirely sure- the flickering dim candle and the heaped bundle in the centre of the room kept his attention. He tilted his head and pulled slightly against his restraints. "S- Sanghyuk?"

"Mph, Wonshik?" The young boy raised his head groggily, gazing round him. He turned his face in the elder's direction and Wonshik couldn't hold back a horrified gasp when he clapped eyes on his friend's black eye and split lip. "Oh my God, what happened?"

Sanghyuk let out a loud sniff and tried for a watery smile "I'm fine," he croaked out, his voice hoarse from dehydration "I'm so sorry, Wonshik." The other man frowned in confusion and struggled to sit up "Why?"

The younger opened his mouth to reply, when, suddenly, an outraged cry sounded from down the hall. "Let me go! I know my rights!" They both watched with wide eyes as the barred door was thrown open and somebody was tossed haphazzardly inside, rolling on the moss covered floor before leaping to their feet and hammering the bars with their fists. "Hey!"

"Jaewhan?" Wonshik called, straining against his bindings.

The man spun round at the sound of his name, eyes widening in shock before his face twisted into an enraged scowl. He stormed forward and before Wonshik could register what had happened his head had snapped to the side, jarring his neck. Jaewhan stood over him, fist still raised ready to strike again. "You idiot!" He screamed "I'm going to kill you! I swear to God, Wonshik..." 

"It's so good to be together again," Sanghyuk chuckled weakly.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

"There, there, let it all out," Hakyeon cooed gently as he ran his fingers through his younger brother's hair. He wasn't sure how long he had been sat on Taekwoon's bed for, or how Taekwoon had been lying on his lap but he had never seen the younger man like this before. He looked so vunerable- but he wouldn't tell him why. All Hakyeon knew was that his brother had been dragged kicking and screaming into his chamber and the door had been locked. Hakyeon was lucky the guards had even let him in. Although, he had told Hongbin to stay outside; he didn't want his little brother seeing Taekwoon like this. 

Taekwoon just lay there; he didn't want to move. He had hot, angry tears streaming down his cheeks as he fisted the sheets beneath him, staring out the window. His gaze was unfocused and vision blurred. He bit his lip, trying to stop the sobs wracking his body, but only succeeding in choking himself up more. Hakyeon pouted in sympathy and leaned down, pressing a kiss to his temple "Oh, Woonie. What is the matter? I am sure we can sort it out whatever it-"

"No!" Taekwoon hiccupped, shaking his head frantically "H- He won't... won't listen... He- he's going to... Oh, God!" He pressed his face harder into Hakyeon's legs as the thought of what could possibly become of Wonshik passed through his mind. Woobin could do anything to him. And he could do it legally. Wonshik had broken the law; they both had. 

Hakyeon let out a frustrated sigh and helped his brother sit up, using his thumb to wipe his tears away. "Talk to me," he told him softly "Please."

 

This is a shortie but all the secrets are finally about to come out, huh? 

Also, guess who has started a new story... I'm terrible, I know. 

I've been feeling a little better this week and have only had one anxiety attack this week- which is an improvement. But OMG, I had an embarrassing encounter on the bus. I was having my attack so my friend took me home on the bus (for those of you who have read Hypersensitivity, she is kind of the Wonshik to my Taekwoon in some respects). Anyway, I had my head on her shoulder because the bus got quite crowded and she was holding my hand too to keep me calm. Normal, nice friend stuff, right???

Well, I look up and this old woman is staring at us. She then looked down at our hands, back up at me and gave me the biggest smile I've ever seen. 

I think she thought we were a young couple. I was so embarrassed I literally buried my face in my friend's shoulder, which probably didn't help my case but I didn't care at the time. She smiled again when she got off too... one week, ONE damn week where nothing weird or triggering happens, is that too much to ask?

Anyway, story time over haha. Thanks for reading and I hoped you enjoyed this one!