Chapter 24

For Life

Sorry if this chapter is a little disappointing and short. I haven't really felt up to anything recently. I'm still struggling with my anxiety and it's affecting me more than I thought it was. I was at my friend's house on Wednesday night and we were talking through some stuff and I suddenly burst into tears (crying in front of people isn't like me at all). She was so good and patient with me; she must have rocked me in her arms and held my hand for twenty minutes, bless her. 

But I am still really on edge and can't seem to concentrate on anything, which means I have a massive pile of college work that needs doing because I haven't been able to bring myself to do it over the past couple of days. 

I've been to the doctor and they won't give me medication just in case it hurts me more (apparently anxiety medication can cause depression, who knew??) She has given me the phone number of a therapist but they don't see anybody under the age of 17 so I'm going to have to wait until May to get an appointment. 

I'm really trying hard to force out updates but I am really struggling to keep my head above water lately so I fear they are going to become a little less frequent. However, despite what everybody has been telling me, I will NOT be discontinuing any of my work. My writing and all of you guys mean way too much to me for me to do that. 

But, please just be patient with me? I know you all will be because you're my angels but I feel I should still apologise. Updates may be cut down to only one a week, depending on how much time I have and how I am feeling. 

Thank you for reading this and I love you all. I will make sure to heal soon, okay? <3

tumblr_ohz1zl3guU1sodq3bo1_400.gif

 

 

 

Jaewhan narrowed his eyes as he watched his younger friend squirm in his seat. Wonshik must have thought he was born yesterday; he wasn't stupid. The elder folded his arms and pursed his lips slightly, a little excited to see what awful excuse Wonshik would come up with in front of the princes. However, a little, annoying nagging in the back of his mind kept a smile off his face. He was half-tempted to tell Hakyeon and Hongbin what had been going on between Wonshik and their brother- they had to find out eventually. And, seeings as the two couldn't seem to keep their hands off one another (he could see them under the table), they would blow the lid off the whole thing by accident anyway. But it wasn't his information to tell, was it?

Meanwhile, Wonshik was still struggling to answer his question. "I... I was talking to the stableboy," he finally summarised with a decisive nod. Jaewhan rolled his eyes. Smooth, very smooth. But, miraculously, Hongbin and Hakyeon seemed to buy it, the elder smiled and beginning to get to his feet with a glance at the gold watch hanging from the chain on his waistcoat. "Okay, well, Taekwoonie, you shouldn't ride when we do not have permission to. You know that." The younger brother looked down and mumbled a half-meant apology before also pushing his chair back and standing up "We will find your friend soon, okay? We swear it."

"We will just have to keep it quiet and discreet as to not alert Lord Woobin," Hongbin added with a small grin. Jaewhan and Wonshik followed them to the door, opening it to allow them out. "Thank you, your highness," they both bowed politely and allowed the royals to shake hands with each of them.

Wonshik felt his brows knit together as, when he reached for Taekwoon's hand, a small slither of parchment was pressed into his palm. The prince smiled at him discreetly with a delicate blush before the door was closed between them, leaving the peasant alone with Jaewhan once more.

He left for the bedroom at once, ignoring the elders calls after him, and sat down on his bed, opening up the note. 'Under the tree. Two O'clock. T.' A broad grin crept across his features and he lay on his back, staring up at the curvaceous handwriting on the parchment, continuing to ignore Jaewhan. Two O'clock seemed so far away. He knew his work would pass the time until then but he would rather be doing something else. Not to mention Sanghyuk was still on his mind. 

Part of him was being literally eaten away with guilt for seeing Taekwoon when he could be looking for Sanghyuk but what could he do? He had no idea where to start. And, Sanghyuk had kept their secret, right? So, he shouldn't have a problem with it...

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

"Argh!"

Sanghyuk arched his back as yet another fist came down onto his face, causing his head to snap to the side. He screwed his eyes shut and spat out the blood beginning to form in his mouth, wanting rid of the irony taste. Woobin stood at the door, smirking. "Is it really so hard just to tell me what your other friend was doing?" He yawned. Sanghyuk shook his head and gritted his teeth, causing the lord to roll his eyes. The stupid boy had just basically told him (though without words) that the third man brought to the palace was up to something. Now he wanted to know what. "You know, if you had just told me, this wouldn't have happened... Is he a criminal?"

"N- No!" Sanghyuk choked, trying and failing to push himself up off the cold, stone floor.

"Then why won't you tell me?"

"I have told you!" The younger man shouted, finally letting his head drop, too tired to hold it up any more. His cheek his the ground with a light smack and he groaned "I don't know where he was."

Woobin scoffed and took slow steps towards him, arms folded across his strong chest "I think you are lying to me." As he got closer, Sanghyuk began to shake his head frantically, before his hair was grabbed and his head was yanked up again roughly. He cried out as his neck stretched painfully. "Stop!"

"Then tell me the truth," Woobin replied coolly, slapping him across the face with the back of his hand. The jewels of his numerous rings scraped the younger man's skin and he let out a loud whimper. But he didn't say anything. He bit his split lip and lowered his gaze. Woobin sighed and looked around the dingy cell, as if contemplating something. He let Sanghyuk go and stood back, shaking his head "Well, if you won't talk now, my men have... other ways of getting you to tell us what we want to hear."

Suddenly, the guard closest to the prisoner gripped onto his shackled arms, pushing Sanghyuk to lay down on his back, climbing over the peasant. “W-What?” Sanghyuk gasped, pushing his hands against the man's chest.
“Hold him down,” Woobin ordered the rest his guards.

“N-No! You can’t!” Sanghyuk yelled seconds before the man's lips connected with his neck. His calloused hands snaking under the younger man's shirt. He felt the other guards gripping onto his upper arms and legs, holding him down. “Y-You can’t do this! Jaewhan! Wonshik, get him off me! Please!”

Woobin laughed and crouched down, watching as his men continued to molest the boy "You can stop this if you just tell me where he was."

“N-No! Stop, please stop it!” Sanghyuk could feel hands all around him. Touching him. It scared him. He didn’t want it. But Woobin ignored him, getting to his feet and beginning to walk away. He exited the cell and closed the barred door, speaking through the iron columns "Do what you want with him- have fun- just don't make him bleed too much."

Sanghyuk's eyes widened in blind, sheer panic as hands trailed down to his trousers, popping the button open. He squirmed desperately but it was no use "Stop!" He screamed, just wanting it all to end now. "The tree! They're both at the tree!" I'm sorry, Wonshik.