Countdown

Basic

Jeongyeon was barely awake when Jihyo dragged her out of the mansion in a hurry. She couldn't even ask her why they were sneakily exiting through the back door because Jihyo had this don't question me look on her face. It was creepily authoritative. Her wrist was a bit red because of the sheer force the older girl exerted upon dragging her half asleep . And as they stride by the hidden footpath in the garden, Jeongyeon sensed it was fishy since they really were being shady, tiptoeing to not attract attention when they were almost by the gate. But curiosity won over Jeongyeon, she wanted explanation so she removed Jihyo's strong grip on her wrist and huffed a question but before she could even reach midway, Jihyo cut her off pulling her outside in one swift motion.

"I'll explain when I get you home so for the meantime, shut your mouth." Jihyo said sharply making Jeong nod.

The truth about Jihyo not letting Jeongyeon ask a word was that because she still lack the sly make up story to cover the fact that Nayeon's facing her cold hearted parents once again. When they arrived at the Yoo's apartment, Jihyo was still frantic how to mask the situation. She tried to just run away once they reached the doorstep but Jeongyeon's reflexes were no joke, so she finds herself in Jeong's living room asking for some brilliant idea from the angels and saints she could name.

"About time for some explanation, Jihyo-ssi." Jeongyeon said with seriousness it made Jihyo gulp.

Jihyo wiped the beads of sweat that formed on her forehead. She has to think quick because Jeongyeon's gaze was burning her skin.

"Uhm... Nayeon's grandfather paid a surprise visit and he's not really fond of strangers on his vicinity. He's not a sociable folk." Jihyo let out a nervous chuckle.

Jeongyeon nodded and the older took it as a sign that she believed her. But there was something in Jeong's eyes that made Jihyo want to tell the truth.

"Didn't know Nayeon's grandparents visits her, I thought it's the other way around." Jeongyeon crosses her arms, looking like she's challenging Jihyo's statement.

"We were shocked too. This is the very first time that's why we have to get you out before he poked his nose everywhere." Jihyo praised herself for such a good act as she noticed Jeongyeon's gaze softened.

Nayeon took deep breaths before descending the staircase. She knows she's up for another traumatic scenario. But she has to stay steady and have a stronger grip of herself than before. She'll show her solipsistic father that she's not scared of him or his inhumanity. Her body didn't agree on that because on every step she takes, her shudder worsens; her breaths were short and her heart pounded so loudly. And without knowing, she did the sign of the cross as she caught sight of a fiend- Im Siwon.

When their eyes met, Nayeon's father bellowed a laugh that shook the humongous living room.

"My, my, my. What a delight to see my beautiful, freeloading, disgrace of a daughter. How long has it been?" Im Siwon's boisterous voice filled every space, elegance was still present in that rowdy voice, nevertheless.

Nayeon bowed her head despite of how much of a condescending her father acted. She can't throw bombs at him because of the uncontrollable shaking of her body when the piercing gaze of him struck through her. Not even a hint of love or affection can be found in his father's eyes.

"Ah, you still have your manners." Siwon mockingly said as she gestured Nayeon to sit in which the latter neglected.

"What do you want from me?" Nayeon said, her voice stuck in . Her father's eyes were so cold it impaled her on the spot.

"I have given you 18 years worth of my money, it's time you pay that debt." Siwon scoffed and smirked. His hands were rested on the handle of his dramatically conspicuous cane.

Nayeon was dumbstruck. Her breaths hitched once more. She knew where this was going. She knew this day would come, her father was this scornful and coveting. But she never thought it would come this soon. She always thought it would be after her graduation. 

"You really don't have a choice, Nayeon-ssi. You're bound to obey me." 

Im Siwon slowly came forward and ducked to level his mouth on her daughter's ear,

"If you think Jihyo and that girl got off the hook that easily then you're underestimating your dear father. And you think all of the house staff's loyalties are on you? Think again. Money buys everything."

Nayeon's eyes widened. He knows about Jeongyeon. She can't let him hurt her, she would never let him. His father was beyond the word evil and wicked. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply when her father retracted back to his seat.

"Don't lay a finger on them and I'll be the obedient daughter that you want me to be." Nayeon said with gritted teeth.

Her blood boiled when she saw her mother just standing at the side, not doing anything but following her father like a moping puppy.

"She must be someone special for you to give up this easily." Her father's thin lips turned into a roguish smile and Nayeon squirmed on her spot. 

"Ah, a gay daughter? You really proved your gist as a dishonorable daughter. But nonetheless, it doesn't matter anymore. You'll be in England with us, there you'll have the chance to redeem yourself. A wealthy, potential business partner is waiting for your arrival." Nayeon's satanic father scoffed.

"Siwon, that's too much-"

"Silence! This has nothing to do with you, Sunmi!" Siwon cut off Nayeon's mother with a thundering voice that it rumbled in room's premises.

Im Siwon tilted his head a little, another condescending smirk on his face,

"I'm giving you 48 hours as a countdown. 48 hours to let you take another small sip of freedom. Spend it wisely, my dear daughter because it'll be your last ever with them. And with her."

Nayeon bowed her head down, she got number by every passing second. The pain of not being able to do anything punctured her heart continuously and it hurt so much it blanked her thoughts out. She was just standing there with a deeply hollowed face. Her whole existence made no sense, once again. But her father's last two words were the final blow that tore her apart.

"Yoo Jeongyeon." He slowly said, as he his heel and headed upstairs with a mocking laugh equivalent to Joker's madness.

Tears, she felt tears uncontrollably fall from her eyes even though she was staring blankly at nothing. Her father was right, she really had no choice. But the thought of not seeing Jeongyeon anymore choked her whole being. It was like God only gave her a taste of life and that's all there is to it, just a taste and no more.

Im Sunmi tried to wipe her daughter's tears but Nayeon slapped away her hand and glared at her. All the hatred, disappointment, and pain launched into one piercing and heartbreaking glare.

"I hate you." Nayeon bitterly muttered under her breath and stormed her way back to her room.

Sunmi can only watch her daughter from afar. She can't blame her, she has done nothing good and sincere to Nayeon. It was right for her to hate her.
Jihyo arrived and immediately went to Sunmi's side, offering comfort and reassurance to the older.

"I have asked too much from you Jihyo but I beg of you to still take good care of my daughter. She needs someone now more than ever and I am not fitting for that position. So please." She gently rubbed her hand that still stung from Nayeon's swift rejection and she bowed to Jihyo to accept her offer.

Jihyo respectfully straightened Sunmi's back and gave her a reassuring hug.

"I will. And I know Nayeon will be back to you because you are still her mother after all."


It was already nighttime and Nayeon has been staring at her phone's wallpaper. It was Jeongyeon with her goofy smile. And it was simple as that, she smiled. It wasn't a wholehearted one but it worked like magic, Jeongyeon really was her happiness. She dialed Jeong's number and didn't hesitate to ask her for a walk in the park tomorrow. She will make every second count.

Sunday, 8:00am.

They went to the park, took a romantic walk, ate ice cream on the same cone, fed each other food, made out behind trees, flirted obviously, fed some pigeons, took numerous of pictures together, carved their initials enclosed with a heart on the biggest tree (even if it was frowned upon by the elderly), played a game of tag that ended up on a hot make out session behind the biggest tree (the one with their carving). And just like that, the sun was already setting. Nayeon's heart crashed rock bottom but she didn't show it.

They were seated under their tree, Jeongyeon's back on it and Nayeon nestled between her thighs, resting her head on Jeong's shoulder. They held hands and shared a comfortable silence.

"Nayeon?"

She answered with a hum, she was enjoying Jeongyeon's heartbeats because their proximity permitted her to feel it.

"We should spend our Sundays on dates like this."

Nayeon's heart clenched. She let out a sigh to soothe the pain. Jeongyeon frowned when she noticed her girlfriend's response.

"Is it that bad?"

"What? No no. You're right." Nayeon gave her a peck.

"Is there something bothering you?" Jeongyeon looked worried it made Nayeon guilty.

"Nothing. I'm fine." She said with a wide smile.

Jeongyeon caressed her hair, gently running her fingers through it. She slid her hand down lower and lower. She stopped on Nayeon waist and started to tickle her. Nabongs squirmed and laughed hysterically, accidentally kicking Jeongyeon's shin. And that's when the tickling competition commenced.

The end point was that of both faces red from laughter and mirth, and Jeongyeon topping Nayeon with her hands pinning the other's. They stared lustfully on each other, Jeongyeon's eyes darting from Nayeon's lips to her sweaty neck. It was God damn y she didn't care if they were in a public place, Jeongyeon planted teasing kisses on Nayeon's jaw, neck, collarbones, and lingered her lips on her pulse point. Nayeon had to bite her lip hard to not let any immoral sound come out from . But when the tip of Jeong's tongue sinfully traced a line from her cleavage to her chin and back again, a throaty moan was made audible. The short haired smirked and crashed her lips on her girlfriend who was probably dying for the kiss (or more).

"Jeongyeon.." Nayeon muttered between their kisses.

"Yeah?" Jeongyeon's lips moved to her earlobe and started to nibble it.

"I'm giving you something." Nayeon tried hard to not squeak as she said it.

Jeongyeon distanced her head out, she eyed Nayeon. Smirking, once again.

"In the park? Really? I cannot believe you want me to take your vi-"

Nayeon swiftly covered Jeongyeon's mouth with her hand. Her face and neck was red as her lipstick (which was messed up because of their intimate business). And pushed her up, signaling to stand. Jeongyeon did and helped Nayeon rise.

"You really are a ert, Yoo Jeongyeon." Still red as a beet, Nayeon was.

"I meant I'm giving you this." Nayeon removed her ring from her middle finger and showed it to Jeongyeon.

"Shouldn't you get down on your knees or something?" Jeongyeon nonchalantly said, a playful smile itching it's way on the edges.

Nayeon pinched her arm and giggled at her girlfriend's remark.

"Noooooo. This is something special." Nayeon sincerely smiled.

"This was the only gift I received from my mother back when I was six, I think. It was the only birthday party she was present. I hate her but she's still my mother, it kinda makes me happy I had a gift from her and Jihyo said my mom always wanted a daughter with Nayeon as her name. It has my name engraved on the inside and this is 20 years old already. I want you to have it." Nayeon took Jeongyeon's left hand and inserted it on her ring finger.

"Are you sure? This is too precious for you."

"Yes. Now, my precious gifts are on one body." Nayeon cupped Jeongyeon's cheek and kissed her one more time.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hi! Please don't hesitate to drop comments! The end is near and I'd love to know if you like the story ^^
Thank you for the 200+ subscribers! (I never thought I'd have this many and also the 100+ comments♡)
Sorry if I didn't mention y'all but my heart goes badump to all of you!♡♡♡