Timing

Basic

"Wait, she said you're hers, right? Wasn't that a confession?"
It was the last period before lunch break but Chaeyoung's words were still on repeat in her head. Jeongyeon's brows furrowed.
'Does she really like me?' She kept asking herself. She's having multiple doubts because everything that happened to them were only caused by spur of moments. Their almost kisses were because of the proximity of their faces, that on the park was because of Nayeon's vulnerability; she was asking for sympathy. She wasn't even sure if Nayeon forgave her already. 
The school bell rang, it dismissed their classes but never Jeongyeon's thoughts. She fixed her things and went out still contemplating. She has sighed for a millionth time already. It would be easy if she could just ask Nayeon without her being sweaty and anxious. It's just that every time she's near, Jeongyeon couldn't think straight. She couldn't even hear her thoughts because of the loud beating of her heart. Jeongyeon's body moves on its own when Nayeon's around.

Jeongyeon entered the cafeteria and went straight to where Chaeyoung is. The cub was happily munching some strawberries while humming to Good Person,
"Aren't you gonna eat, unnie?"
"I'm not really hungry."
Jeongyeon's thoughts were very occupied by only a person, she didn't feel hunger at all. A quick question popped in her head and before she could stop herself, she blurted out the question she never thought she would ask her sister,
"How did you ask Mina on a date?"
Chaeyoung jerked her head way too fast when Jeongyeon threw her a rather interesting question,
"Why? Who're you asking out?"
Chaeyoung asked even though she knew the answer 100%. Her smile was so malicious that Jeongyeon readjusted herself on her seat, feeling uncomfortable and nervous,
"Nothing... uhm, no one I mean. Just curious."
Chaeyoung eyed her with suspicion. She giggled when her sister suddenly bowed her head as her cheeks were almost crimson red,
"Y'know, unnie, I don't get it why you asked that. The answer's quite simple, let your heart speak. Let it beat loud and let it all out."
Chaeyoung stood up and patted her sister's head. She excused herself saying she has something to discuss with Mina. Jeongyeon just sat there feeling all stupid because what Chaeyoung said was so... right, all her doubts were futile. All she needed to do now is ask Nayeon directly and she'll do it in the library.

Mina and Nayeon were having a little chat about Rain's engagement when Chaeyoung comfortably sat herself beside Nayeon. She plopped her elbows on top of the table and rested her chin on her palm. Nayeon looked at her curiously for a second but dismissed it and continued her thoughts and comments about Rain's engagement. Mina wasn't even listening, her gaze was on Chaeyoung who looked like she have something sinister planned in her pockets. Chaeyoung's gaze on Mina was soft but her lips were smirking.
"... he's on the right age for marriage and I seriously hope that it was me in Tae Hee sunbaenim's shoes..." Mina glanced at Nayeon who was still talking nonstop. She couldn't hold it anymore, Chaeng's up to something. She can feel it in her gut,
"So. What brings you here, Chaengie?" Mina batted her eyelashes with the thought of charming her girlfriend.
While on the other hand, Nayeon was gaping with disbelief on how rude this couple was. She glared at them both because she was making an important statement but the couple'd rather flirt. She let out an exasperated sigh.
"Nothing really. Nayeon-unnie looked like she was saying something interesting so I came." Chaeyoung looked at Nayeon and smiled. Nayeon grimaced at this.
"Oh, really?" Mina crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow
"Oh and yeah, I'm done with that favor of yours." The cub said coolly while checking her nails, looking nonchalant.
"Tell me later?" Mina smiled, showing her gums.
"Sorry, babe. Can't do." Chaeng got up "bye!" But before she left leaned in close to Nayeon and caressed her hair and tucked it behind her ear, "you got something on your hair."
Mina was furious. Her girlfriend was teasing her. She was clenching her teeth, Chaeyoung was asking her for a joust. 
"Okay. What the hell was that all about?" Nayeon was confused, "Ya. Myoui tell that girlfriend of yours I'm not her pawn."
Mina's pretty much sulking, Chaeyoung's gonna have some of her bitterness later.

{Library}
Yoo Jeongyeon was sitting on their usual seat for her reviews with Nayeon, she was anxious. She was sweaty even though the air conditioners were working their best. Her ears were sensitive to every foot that makes contact with the floor, she jumps a little with every sound. Her heart was racing, there was still time to back out but her body was weak since she summoned every ounce of her strength, will, and valor to text Nayeon. She said that she had something important and urgent to ask her, and she stupidly said it's a matter of life and death. Upon remembering this, she dropped her head on the table and lightly banged it several times. She was torturing herself when a godlike hand tapped her shoulder,
"What in god's name are you doing, Yoo?"
Jeongyeon was speechless, Nayeon was standing there with her usual chic look but it always felt like the first time she met her. Her heart was throbbing so hard she unconsciously clenched her chest. Jeongyeon was somehow catching her breath even though she was just sitting there the whole time. Her mind was blank but her heart was fluttering with emotions, she definitely have strong feelings for this girl who pretends to be strong and cool but was actual a fluff ball on the inside.
"Stop staring. Didn't I tell you it's rude?" Nayeon said, facing away since she could feel the blood rush to her cheeks.
Jeongyeon cleared and gestured for Nayeon to sit beside her. The chic bunny sat but was still not making eye contact with Jeong. An awkward silence fell between them, Jeongyeon was her lips from time to time because she felt dangerously dehydrated because of all the sweating while Nayeon was studying her newly polished nails. Her polish was hot pink today since she felt confident and voguish but when Nayeon sat with Jeongyeon she felt the opposite.

"I like it." Jeongyeon finally said, her eyes on Nayeon's hand. Jeong couldn't even perceive if it was the nails she liked or the y veiny hands of Nayeon. She suddenly had the urge to hold the godlike hand and trace the perfectly placed veins that was showing with her thumb. Jeongyeon's hand twitched and slid through the table, going closer to Nayeon. 
Nayeon managed to mutter a thanks to Jeongyeon who was again staring. Nayeon fiddled with her hands and intentionally rested her hand on the table. Their hands were now just an inch away from each other. Yoo Jeongyeon gulped as she glanced at the proximity of their hands, she made a bold move and slid her hand closer. The fingertips of their middle finger touched. It sent jolts of electricity inside Nayeon's veins. Both looked at each other's eyes when the contact was made, their hearts having the same level of adrenaline rush.
Not breaking their gaze, Jeongyeon softly and slowly crept her hand on top of Nayeon's,
"Nayeon, I was wondering if I could... if we could... if you would like to... uhm" Jeong can't seem to finish her sentences. She was nervous af. She didn't even notice that Nayeon stiffened because she was unconsciously gently Nayeon's hand, tracing the y veins on it,
"What I'm trying say is, I'd love to ask you ou-"

"Jeongyeonie!" Before Jeongyeon could finish the last letter of the sentence, a familiar Japanese Jokbal lover called her attention and came running towards her. It was Momo and she caused quite a stir since she broke the tranquility inside the library.
Both heads were gaping. Jeongyeon shook her head as if she found it surreal. Nayeon was pissed.
"M-momo? What are you doing here?" 'OF ALL THE DAMN TIMINGS WHY ARE YOU HERE NOW?' Was what Jeongyeon really wanted to say.
"Just dropped by to say something. I looked around your school since your sister and Mina didn't know where you were."
Jeongyeon glanced at Nayeon who still have the pissed off face. The latter saw her glance and she glared at Jeong.
"I'm here to get that other date we agreed on." Momo continued smiling sweetly
Jeongyeon's eyes widened, "What? When did I even say-"
"Wow, Yoo Jeongyeon. You really are amazing," Nayeon said with sarcasm, disappointment evident on her face, "You asked her out. Again. Huh." She sent death glares at Jeongyeon who was gaping at her. Nayeon stood up.
"Wait! I didn't ask her out." Jeongyeon snapped
"Yes, you did," Momo said, her eyes and voice showed hurt, "you said we'll do it again next time."
Jeongyeon was dizzy. Her eyes were darting from Nayeon to Momo and back. She couldn't think straight and before she could decide, Nayeon backed herself out and began to walk away.
Jeongyeon froze. She wanted to chase her and finish her sentence but Momo was standing there like a sad little puppy.
"I'm sorry. Seems like I did something bad." Momo was looking at her feet
"No. It's okay. I'll talk to her later." Jeongyeon tried to sound reassuring but her thoughts were still on Nayeon.

{NY and MN last subject classroom}
Nayeon slumped herself on her seat.
"Wow, you looked pissed as hell. Momo's doing, I presume?" Mina intentionally didn't tell Momo that Jeongyeon was in the library with Nayeon so that the two could have their time.
Nayeon didn't respond. She was mad, furious even. She rested her chin on her palm and glared at nothing.
Some boys in front of her were fooling around, they were singing "Baby, why-y you're so lonely~"
Nayeon's eye twitched. These boys were irking her, that song was spiting her,
"Shut up!" She hissed at JB and the others, they abruptly stopped and sat down.
Mina was chuckling, she found it very amusing.

Chaeyoung was leaning on the wall outside Mina's classroom, bobbing her head while humming to Rain's The Best Present. Mina's classmates were exiting the room, she saw some familiar faces and nod back when they smiled at her. Mina was out then Nayeon. The latter waved lightly at her, she wasn't smiling, while her girlfriend didn't even look and much worse, just passed by on her. She was still sulking, alright. Chaeyoung sighed at Mina's actions. She walked after Mina's steps, acting all cute but the penguin wasn't affected.
"I'll go ahead. You two seriously need to talk." Nayeon said with a blank face then walked out.
Chaeyoung walked beside Mina, the latter still ignoring her.
"You're a pouting penguin," Chaeng started, her eyes glued to Mina, "why is it that you still look damn hot even when sulking?"
Mina pretended not to hear anything but Chaeyoung obliged herself to continue,
"You know, I'd like to kiss that pout off your lips but we're in a no touch pact and I still want that something."
Still no response.
"Minari, are you sure you don't wanna know?" Chaeng said suppressing her smile.
Mina stopped her tracks,
"You owe me an apology."
"To what?" Chaeng asked
"In the cafeteria earlier."
"Oh. Okay. I'm sorry, my baby sweet cutie pie penguin with the iest body," Chaeyoung flamboyantly said, "I was only teasing because you teased me real hard before."
They continued to walk until they walked pass Mina's car,
"Where are you headed to? Your car's here."
"You're still gonna tell me what happened." And with that, a wide smile crept on Chaeyoung's face.

The couple headed towards an obvious choice of a café, Minatozaki's. But unfortunately (or fortunately), Sana and Dahyun weren't there, they were still on their vacation in Australia.
Mina ordered an upsized oreo milkshake for Chaeyoung and her to share.
"Now spill the beans." Mina commanded.
Chaeyoung told her the story as what Jeongyeon said.
By the end of the story, Mina was laughing at Jeongyeon and Nayeon's obvious feelings for each other.
"Soooooo, when will I get that something?" Chaeyoung was wiggling her eyebrows.
Mina smiled brilliantly at her, "Now."
Chaeyoung looked at her with confusion. Mina lifted the oreo milkshake,
"Remember how we always, always order strawberry milkshake? Well, this is something new, something we never ever tried doing before." Mina smiled ever so smugly at Chaeyoung while the latter looked as if her soul was drained from her body. 
Chaeng was pouting the whole time they were in the café. As they stepped outside the café, Mina interlocked their hands. And sneaked a kiss on Chaeng's pouty lips.
"I miss your warmth." Mina smiled at her but she was still pouting.
"Stop" *kiss on the lips* "pout-" *kiss* "ting" she rained Chaeyoung's lips with her kisses until the cub giggled and playfully pushed her away,
"Ya~ so unfair."
"Don't worry. We'll get to that something sooner or later. Just be a patient, cute, cub." Mina engulfed her cub in a backhug and planted soft kisses on her neck.

{Yoo's apartment}
"I'd love to ask you out for a romantic walk. I'd love to ask you out for a candlelit dinner. Would you like to have some coffee with me? Can I walk you home? Wanna visit that new pastry restaurant this weekend? I'd love to ask you out on a date! How could I mess up such easy words? Damn it."
Jeongyeon's forehead was flat on her wall. She was still annoyed by the unbelievably wrong timing that she had. She began banging her head on the wall, occasionally groaning.
"I'm home, unnie." Chaeyoung knocked on her door, "what's that banging sound?"
"It's nothing."
"So how'd it go?" Chaeyoung turned the knob to let herself in her sister's room.
"Momo came and I'm back to square one with Nayeon again."
"She found you, huh?" Her little sister said, sympathizing. 
Jeongyeon nodded,
"And I'm going out with her tomorrow afternoon." She sighed.
"What? Why? I thought it was Nayeon-unnie you wanna ask out?"
"Well, I must've unintentionally said yes when she asked me to go out with her again after that TWICELAND thing." Jeongyeon slumped herself on her bed.
"Wow. You have two girlfriends, must be tough."
Jeongyeon threw a pillow at her teasing sister,
"Get out, cub. Eat. Dinner's on the kitchen table. I don't have any appetite."

{Im's Mansion}
(Nayeon POV)
I just got out from the shower, only dressed with a bathrobe. I sat down on the couch inside my room, still thinking about what happened earlier.
"And she didn't even come after me." I was disappointed at Jeongyeon's behavior.
Yoo Jeongyeon was playing with my emotions. How could she freely caress my hand like that when she was already going out with Momo?
Correct me if I'm wrong but, I swear, she was trying to ask me out on a date earlier. Everything good that was about to happen to us would always, always get rudely disrupted. Is this a sign? A warning? Precaution? I hope it's not because I really, really, really, wanted to say yes to her.
But now she'll be having a date with that glutton friend of Mina. I must have the worst luck of all and Momo the luckiest. I've known Jeongyeon for years but only got to talk to her this senior year and could not even land a single date, we only had almost kisses and a drunken night while Momo, who only met Jeong twice, will already have their second date. And who knows what kind of date they'll have. I hope they don't kiss or something.
Should I stalk them? Just to make sure Jeongyeon goes home alive and won't be forcefully shoved in an airplane to Japan. I mean, Chaeyoung would be devastated, right?

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: GUYS I AM AWFULLY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE TT had so much schoolwork these past few days. I can't promise to update everyday but I'm trying my best :) idk why it's always in the lib xD
Btw THANK YOU to all, I'm forever grateful for the love xx

P.S.:Will Nayeon really stalk them? What'll happen to JeongMo's date? ;)

(MINA WON GOLD MEDAL ON ISAC WOOT! Chukhahae :D)