Knock Knock

Basic

"You imbeciles! How worthless and useless are all of you?!" Im Siwon was beyond the word rage.

 

Nayeon squirmed on her seat. Her father’s thundering voice shook the whole plane. This was not the right time for him to catch Nayeon on the phone with Jeongyeon at the other line. Im Siwon passed by her seat cursing all living things inhabiting the earth. At this crucial time, Jihyo was not by her side. She mysteriously disappeared.

It seemed like the devil was not yet finished with the amount of curses he spat on the plane crew. Nayeon could hear some mumbling from them. It must have been some reasons why their take off was delayed for several minutes. She felt pity for the crew but she also felt a little bit relieved that, even though minimal, there’s a chance that all this bogus of a plan would be cancelled. For real.

After making sure the coast was clear, Nayeon fished out her phone. But she didn’t call Jeongyeon back because of the risk of getting caught and the fear of shedding tears that might trigger her father’s rage even more. Nayeon opened her gallery and stared at Jeong’s photos. Impossible as it may seem, Jeongyeon always gets more attractive every time she looks at her photos. A warm smile crept on the edges of Nayeon’s eyes. How can a single person give you all the strength and valor to walk through hell barefoot? Oh how she wanted to hear her voice one more time, just one last time. Nayeon was tempted to dial Jeongyeon’s phone number but she saw an unacquainted video that she does not know of. When she opened it, it was Jeongyeon’s foolishness at its finest. It was that goofy video she made when she last slept in her room. She missed her; her smile, her laughs, her face, her touch, her kiss, every single movement she does. And the I love you on the last part of the vid made Nayeon stifle a sob. She was not aware of the other body that was watching her with sad and guilty eyes.

 

“Nayeon, dear…” Her mother started.

Nayeon quickly hid her phone and faced her mother with the most expressionless face she could pull off.

“I’m really sorry about this…” Im Sunmi said as she sat beside her daughter who wasn’t even paying any attention to her as she inched closer. There was this bitter atmosphere that she surrounded herself in.

“I’d rather be by myself. I don’t need you or your empty apology.” She turned around and gave Sunmi the coldest look.

“I know I have never been a proper mother to you and I can never redeem myself but just this once-“

“I said go away! What more do you want?! And I don’t have a mother. You never cared before so why bother now after eighteen years?” All her anger and frustrations were vented to the woman she once called mother.

 

 

ᴥ•●

 

 

Jeongyeon was on her knees once again; praying. There was nothing left to do but pray for a miracle. She wanted to rush to the airport but she’s afraid of another tragic outcome, her heart wouldn’t take it anymore. And this time there won’t be any Minhyuk to rescue her helpless from the security. Her eyes were shut tightly that she felt nausea. Every part of her body was restless.

Chaeyoung and Mina were still in the living room, the former engulfing Mina in a warm hug. There was this lingering sadness and false hope that filled their rented apartment. It also crept in Chaeng’s skin. She’s been knocking on her sister’s door but she didn’t let her in, she didn’t even response. Chaeng could only hear mumbles and caught up on the words Holy Spirit. Her sister might’ve gone bonkers already but she can’t judge, if Mina did the same thing to her, she would’ve bawled her eyes out until no tears came out or she could no longer feel anything. Chaeyoung was actually shocked how her sister was literally not shouting or cursing or doing any scandalous acts at all, did she give it all up to the heavens? Are her prayers even going to be entertained? It was a long shot but sometimes answers are in plain sight when we’re too busy looking up there waiting for that falling star to wish upon.

 

“Get her off the plane, please. I’d do anything for all of you just get her off that plane. Bring her back to me and I’ll never ask for more.” Jeongyeon half-shouted pointed to the heavens,

“Come on! Answer me! Just this once…” She began to tear up. She already felt hopeless.

She was on all fours, crying desperately. Her knees hurt from all the kneeling that made her believe her prayers could be heard. How was she even determined that out of all the billions and billions of prayers, hers would be picked up and answered? Delusional. But was it worth a try? Yes. Does she believe her every prayer? Not 100% but just enough to keep her hopes up. It was hard to be optimistic on a single phone call that doesn’t prove anything but the fact that they’re still on land. Maybe the call was cut due to them taking off already? There were thousands of possibilities, both the good and bad ones.

Jeongyeon was starting to feel unwell. Her eyes were bloodshot and puffy, her lips were dry, was hoarse; basically, she’s a ty mess. She now understood the words ‘Fighting a losing battle’. She was still running around with weapons on both hands but the enemies already impaled her heart several times, she was just waiting to die out of hemorrhage. Above all, she still fought for her but all hopes were lost, only seconds of breathing were left. It’s time for those last words that were meant to hang on air until all oxygen is depleted.

“Can you at least give a sign if she got off the plane? Anything would suffice; a thunderstorm, sudden rain, world peace, a man in his pajamas carrying a piano keyboard, snow. Just literally anything.” Jeong begged one last time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Knock Knock

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon heard but didn’t bother to answer. It was only Chaeng worrying about her. She continued her queries to the heavens.

 

“Did she get off the plane?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Knock Knock

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon had her head bowed, eyes closed, and hands clasped. One last time,

 

“Did she get off the plane?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Knock Knock

 

The door creaked open.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I got off the plane.”

 

 

ᴥ•●

 

Five words, it only took five words for Jeongyeon to jump on her feet and feel alive after all the continuous deaths inside of her. They stood there, a meter away from each other, Nayeon with a smirk on her face and Jeongyeon a crying mess. Nobody stepped closer. The latter still on haywire if this was real or if her brains exploded inside out and was playing games on her. After several blinks, Jeongyeon walked slowly towards Nayeon and caressed her cheeks with her thumbs.

“You got off the plane.” Jeongyeon still couldn’t believe.

“I got off the plane.” Nayeon placed her hands on Jeongyeon’s, making her feel her warmth; that she really got off the plane.

“Don’t ever pull a disappearing act on me ever again, okay?” Their foreheads were flat on each other.

“Never again. I love you.”

After one last loving look, they closed the gap between their lips and tasted each other’s longing through the most fitted and satisfying way the moment could offer- a well-deserved passionate kiss.

Jeongyeon pulled Nayeon closer by the waist, tightening the embrace while deepening the kiss. She was afraid to let go; afraid that this was just her imagination. Nayeon didn’t protest when Jeongyeon’s tongue found its way inside , every touch was like the first time. The heated kiss came to a stop when a question bothered Jeongyeon’s mind.she pulled away making Nayeon groan out of disappointment.

“How did you run away from Satan?” Jeong asked, her arms still s around Nayeon’s slim waist.

 “I had some help.” Nayeon said with a genuine smile.

 

*Flashback*

 

“I said go away! What more do you want?! And I don’t have a mother. You never cared before so why bother now after eighteen years?” All her anger and frustrations were vented to the woman she once called mother.

“I know, my dear. And I’m asking for this one chance for you to let me help.” Despite her daughter’s hatred on her, Sunmi gave her most loving smile.

Nayeon just looked at her with a blank face. She doesn’t expect any huge help from this woman, she never even showed herself for so many years.

“I don’t need your help. I don’t need you.”

“I have to be stubborn on this, Nayeonie. I will help you. I have been waiting for this kind of chance to break you free from your father’s cage. I’m sorry it took so long.”

Sunmi’s smile reminded Nayeon of the word family; it made her curious what this woman was talking about.

“What are you talking about?” Nayeon wanted to sound annoyed but she failed, looking like a puppy asking for an answer.

“It’s not much but I saved up some money on a secret account. It’s good for I think 20 years of independence. I’ve already finished the negotiation about the house in Korea; it’s under your name now. The house staff would be less, however. But Jihyo will be there for you. Go on now. A car is waiting for you outside the airport. Your luggages are already there, I asked Jihyo for assistance. I’ll handle things in here.” Sunmi gently rubbed her daughter’s cheek with her thumb before standing up but a hand grabbed her wrist, followed by a soft sob.

“What about you? He’ll hurt you.” Nayeon softened after the confession her mother dropped. She was there for her all along, hidden with a much bigger escape plan than she can imagine.

“Don’t worry about me, this is the very least that I could do after leaving you all alone all these years. Your father might be Satan’s descendant but he is still human, he needs me more than he thinks he does. I’ve got all of this planned out.” Sunmi winked at her daughter earning her a giggle.

“I’m sorry, Mom. I… I didn’t know you were doing all that… for me.” Nayeon suddenly felt the guilt at all of the spiting words she said to her mother.

“Wait… Did you…. The plane… Did you cause the delay of our flight?” She quickly added, awe painted on her face.

“There’s nothing a mother won’t do for her child.” Sunmi patted Nayeon’s head,

“Go, live the life you deserve. Be happy. Be with her.”

They embraced for a short while and Sunmi never felt her heart this full of love before. She was glad she came to her right senses and swallowed her indecisiveness. This was worth all the secret transactions, the risks of getting caught, and the bribes on some staff. She wasn’t even a tad bit regretful giving her daughter her lifesavings. She doesn’t want Nayeon to be a dog with a leash and cage; rid of freedom.

“Thank s, mommy. I love you.” Nayeon kissed her mother’s cheek and quietly exited the plane, careful not to be noticed by some bystanders that can be of an acquaintance to her father.

 

“Where is that daughter of yours?” Siwon immediately noticed the vacant seat.

“She has been abducted by something you already forgotten for a long time- love.”

 

*End of flashback*

 

 

ᴥ•●

 

Three days have passed ever since that dreadful occurrence. The three were absent on their Calculus exam so they have to suffer the consequences of getting a new set of exam. It didn’t bother them anyhow, important was that Nayeon’s back. It was the only concern Jeongyeon has at the moment.

“Where are you taking me?” Nayeon asked.

They were in her car with Jeongyeon driving.

“I promised to bring to my special place and I will. Let’s build our future there together.” Jeongyeon showed her that bewitching smile Nayeon found enticing and heart pounding; like someone knock knocking on her door.

 

 

Nayeon need not to be someone she isn’t anymore, she can be herself; a scarred human being who is ready for the world and a simple pretty girl who does not have to be narcissistic in order to bury her past in her superficial attitude. She is no longer that basic who wants to smitten everyone.

 

”A basic would have to be someone who does what everyone else is doing and isn't their own person at all.”

 

 

fin

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I am super-duper busy and that is why with this late finale update (and maybe unsastifying? :c ) sorry you guys but well it’s still a happy ending right? Kekekeke~

I think I’d be writing a michaeng and saida for the next ff J but will probably be on later march since I’m so pooped with so much school stuff.

I GOTTA SAY YET AGAIN THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR AMAZING SUPPORT LIKE THE VOTES, SUBS, COMMENTS, READS. IT HAS BEEN A PLEASURE WRITING TO SATISFY YOUR HEART WITH A 2YEON AND MICHAENG STORY. I LOVE YOU ALL AND DO NOT FORGET TO LOVE AND SUPPORT OUR GIRLIES! xx

 

 

 

Basic out.