Resolution

Basic

Mina collapsed on the ground when she saw Chaeyoung walking away from her because of the stupidity of her words and judgments. Maybe this was for the best? Maybe they weren't really meant for each other? Maybe Nayeon was right all along? But she loves her, she loves her so much she felt dead inside when Chaeyoung said it was the end for them. Mina was on her knees, her body never felt so weak. She couldn't move any muscle, she just knelt there and cry. Cry all the pain that's been ripping her heart. Everything went blurry and the last thing she saw was a vision of a girl shouting her name.

(Nayeon POV)

God damn it! What the hell happened to her?

I finally found Mina in the park in front of our school. I knew something was wrong when her body started to tremble and she  fainted after that. I ran towards her, afraid of losing the only family I considered. And to my relief, she passed out of exhaustion and was snoring lightly. I drove her back to their house and stayed there for a while. I called Chaeyoung's phone but it can't be reached. Where the hell is that girlfriend of hers when she needed her the most?!

"What the heck?! Pick up the phone, cub!" I hissed at my phone.

"She won't answer." I was startled by the hoarseness of Mina's voice behind me.

Mess would be an understatement of what she looked like. I couldn't bear seeing her like this, my body instinctively moved and hugged her, giving warmth to the coldness and hollowness that her whole existence emitted. She didn't move, she didn't hug me back but I was reluctant to pull away. I won't let my best friend see the world like I did from the past. I hugged her tighter and asked her what happened with the warmest voice and tone I could muster.

"She broke up with me. I made her break up with me."

And after she said that, she sobbed on my shoulders. I was choking back tears of my own, I have never seen her like this. I tried to calm her down and let her tell me what happened but she never talked again. Mina would just look at me and sigh. I was getting furious, not at her but on Chaeyoung. I fished out my phone and called Jeongyeon.

When she picked up, I vented all my anger on her,

"WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR SISTER? WHAT THE HECK DID SHE DO TO MINA? I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON'T HIDE HER FROM ME I'LL CHOKE HER TO DEATH!"

I screamed my throat out at her. I was outside the room so Mina won't know the murderous intent that I have developed on Chaeng. But even with all the yells, Jeongyeon just audibly sighed on the other line. She was more frustrated than me, I could tell. She's just better on handling her emotions.

"She won't talk. She locked herself in her room. What happened?"

Jeongyeon was as cluless as I was. I told her about the break up and she went silent. Until she let out another sigh and told me that we'll talk about it in school.
(End of Nayeon POV)

After three days of absence, Mina was finally convinced by Nayeon to go out of her room and attend classes. Everyone was worried about her. But it didn't matter to Mina, nothing mattered anymore to be precise. She was still in a trance, her surroundings were still blurry and when she saw a glimpse of Chaeng all happy and aloof, her whole world spun. Mina needs to go, far away. But her head and heart won't let her, she only managed to drag herself in the library.

'Ah, the library,' she thought, 'this place was once my sanctuary, my safe haven. But now, every crook and cranny has your presence in it.' Mina bitterly smiled.

Nayeon sat beside Mina, she didn't bother greeting her or even look at her. Nayeon sighed and just sat there in silence. Mina perfectly knew how impatient her best friend is, she glanced at her but there was no eagerness on her part. She really was waiting for her to open up and this must be killing her softly. And that was the the very least of the things she wanted to happen, Nayeon also giving up on her. Mina swallowed her pride and mustered all the guts left in her to tell the tale.

"I said terrible things to her. I was jealous and insecure as fxxk..."

Mina told her everything that happened, she didn't leave out any details. And right after, there was this awkward silence between them. She could almost her some machines tweaking inside Nayeon's head, Mina could tell that she was trying to find the right words to say.

"Mina? You know I love you, right? And what I'm gonna say will probably sting a lot and touch that fresh wound in your heart. But I think I have to lay this all out on you bluntly because I think it'll slap that trance away from your mind. I'm really sorry for this..."

Nayeon faced her and slapped her hard. Mina was unable to process what just happened, she never thought the slap Nayeon meant was literal, all she could do was touch her cheek which stung with pain.

"I never thought you're more pathetic than I am. First of all, when the heck did you start to be such a weakling? Comparing us both, you're much more composed than I am. And did you even really consider Chaeyoung's side? Didn't you put in that pretty head of yours how much she has to cope up to level her thinking with yours? How she has to act a little more mature than her age? How much love you two have shared and to what? To be stupidly ruined by your unreasonable doubts?" Nayeon sternly scolded her best friend who was now in reverie because of those painful words. But she knew all this, she was just being... immature because of... jealousy. And it struck her, she was the child. Chaeyoung was the one who led their relationship all along. She was the selfish one, Chaeyoung even once said that it's okay for Mina to look after Nayeon more because she was her best friend and that it'll be Chaeng who will take care of her. That she won't leave her. Mina was, once again, devastated. Tears uncontrollably fell. 

"How many times have you stumbled? Did you stay down or did you help yourself up? Think! Mina, think! Don't let the pain cloud your thoughts. You're one of the wisest person I know. Get a grip! You screwed up, so what? Apologize! She won't accept it? Then to damn be her life! I will move mountains to help you move on if that happens. I just don't get it why you have to sit and look like a moping penguin when you still clearly love her! Don't be foolish enough to lose her without acting on it."

When Nayeon finished her speech, she opened her arms to welcome the sobbing penguin. They had to skip classes because Mina wouldn't stop crying. But her cries now weren't that of hurt anymore, it was of relief. She finally had the warmth and strength to face Chaeyoung, to pick up the pieces. She knows it'll hurt, but what is love without some hiccups?

Jeongyeon waited for Nayeon to come out. The latter texted her to bring her some clean shirt because hers was soaked by Mina's tears and snot.

"I'll go ahead, Nayeonnie. Thanks." Mina gave her a reassuring smile despite the puffy eyes and the redness on them.

"Are you sure?" Concern was evident on the bunny's voice.

Mina nodded, she was no longer dull. Her vibrancy came back, she will go get her girl back. Come what may.

Nayeon insisted that Jeongyeon accompany her to the wash room to change and because she was literally dragged by Nayeon, she had no other choice.

Nabongs entered the wash room first and followed by Jeongyeon. And as the latter closed the door and turned, her heart did somersaults in her chest, her eyes were glued to the breathtaking view in front of her. Nayeon, with all the good graces and blessings Jeongyeon have received and was now thanking the heavens above, was topless. Yes, topless, only with her black lacy bra as a cover to the magnificent upper part of her body. Jeongyeon badly wanted to cover her eyes but neither her arms moved and add the fact that was hanging ajar, she didn't want to be called erted but Nayeon's body made it difficult to move. She saw her body before but it was only half way. This time, she could see the hotness Nayeon has underneath her shirts. Jeongyeon gulped, was she in heaven? She stupidly thought.

Nayeon's abdominal muscles were as beautiful as the seven wonders of the world, if possible, even waaaay more. Her chest, oh my God, her chest, Jeongyeon thought, it was something to die for. Those collarbones, they were seducing her to do something sinful on them. Nayeon's pale skin, the very skin that forever and always make Jeongyeon's hand twitch, having all the urgency to touch and trace all her sensitive spots. Her eyes adjusted to Nayeon's face, the latter was playfully smirking at her. And as she walked towards Jeongyeon, the short haired one panicked. Her heart was rampaging its way out of her chest. Nayeon ily walked towards her, sinfully swaying her hips on the process. Her eyes not leaving Jeongyeon's.

'Dear God, help me. I think I'm having a .' Jeongyeon mentally prayed and shut her eyes.

*click*

Her eyes abruptly opened. The first view she saw was a close up of Nayeon's face, the smug smirk still evident.

"I locked the door. I didn't want another erted head inside the washroom gawking at me. One is enough. And I don't think you'd like to share the view you feasted on, am I right?" Nayeon hotly said on her ear, too much of a tease. 

Nonetheless, Jeongyeon just nodded. She didn't fully process what Nayeon said. The latter walked away, laughing at the success of her little scheme. Jeongyeon was all red on the face and neck. She shook her head after fully grasping what the intent of that whole shenanigan her girlfriend pulled on her. She forgot what kind of a pain in the her girlfriend can be.

"Ya! You're best friend is troubled and yet you do this!"

Nayeon just laughed at her,
"She's fine now, watch her get your sister back."

 

 

 

 

A/N: To ease your hearts, I wrote that 2yeon scene. XD (kind of an ice breaker)
To all my fellow MiChaeng shippers (yes, author is a loyal shipper), look forward for the next chapter. I won't tell why :P kekeke~