Lips

Basic

"Mina? Aren't you going home?" Nayeon popped a question when Mina went the opposite direction
"Nope, gonna grab some milkshake."
"Didn't know you were a milkshake kind of person."
Mina just shrugged and smiled. They said their goodbyes, Nayeon leaving with her Maserati and Mina going to the nearest park. 

Mina sat on a bench and started humming Day6's I Wait. She's got all the positive vibes for today, she prayed that this day would end just how she started it- smiling.

She knew that what she and Chaeyoung have is only momentary because of her being a senior but it doesn't mean it wasn't worth trying. She'll worry about it later, what's important now is that she get to spend time with her, just the two of them. Oh how she missed the cub.

Someone from behind covered her eyes, by the smell of her perfume (Freesia), she knew who it was. She wanted to tease the tiger cub so she sat still, not reacting to her cub's scheme. She still continued to hum even when her eyes were covered.
Giving up, Chaeyoung removed her hands from Mina's eyes and tilted her head on the penguin's side, pouting. When Mina turned her head, their nose almost touched. Only God knows how much she wanted to kiss that pouty lips of hers, if only it wasn't for Nayeon's reminder.
"Are you okay? You look troubled." Chaeng worried. She then gently touched the center of Mina's furrowed eyebrows causing the older one to flash her her gummy smile and in a blink of an eye, she pecked on the tip Chaeng's nose. Both persona was shocked by the penguin's bold move, Chaeyoung stiffened and blushed, Mina just chuckled it off.
"You're so cute." She said, pinching Chaeng's red cheek.
"No, you just missed me." 
"And that too, of course." Both of them gazed at each other's eyes lovingly.
"Let's go. I know this perfect place for a milkshake date." Chaeyoung grabbed Mina's hand and intertwined it with hers, grinning with her deep dimple on view for Mina to admire.
That's when Mina realized what she really wanted all along, she wanted Chaeyoung's hand on hers, Chaeyoung's eyes on hers, Chaeyoung's smiles, Chaeyoung's everything. She wanted to be with her, if possible, forever (even if it's cliché)

They arrived at the place and Mina just smiled at the familiar sight- Minatozaki café. They went in and was immediately greeted by Sana,
"Hiiii cutie! Oooh and what do we have here? Minari!" Sana jumped to hug Mina, forgetting that the smol was there too.
Chaeyoung's eyes darted from Mina to Sana and vice versa,
"You know each other?"
"Sorry Chaengie," Cue Mina aegyo "Sana's my cousin."
"Why didn't you tell me so? This was supposed to be a surprise." Some more of Chaeng's pout.
Mina couldn't resist when Chaeyoung pouts, she's too cute. To restrain herself from doing something that was not supposed to be done in public especially in front of her tease of a cousin, Sana, she just bit her lower lip and smiled.
"Awwwwww, why are you two so cute! Now, go sit on our best seats over there."

They sat for a while and enjoyed looking at each other's faces,
"You two look cute together." Dahyun spoke
"I know, right?" Chaeng proudly said
"So what would you two lovebirds want for your date?"
"Two strawberry milkshakes please Dahyunnie." Mina spoke ever so gently
"Sure, sure." 
They watched as Dahyun strode to the kitchen but before she entered the kitchen, Sana grabbed her by the waist and kissed her on the lips.
Mina and Chaeyoung slowly turned their heads away. Anybody could tell that the idea lingered on both pretty heads because they couldn't look at each other directly.
Chaeyoung cleared and summoned all her guts to look Mina in the eyes and start a normal conversation or literally just anything to cut the awkwardness,
"Unnie's hand looks like an eggplant."
'Okay, wait what?! What in devil's name am I talking about?! Nice one Chaeng.' She mentally cursed
"Yeah, I saw it earlier." Managing a small smile
"I think it's okay, she spent the night there and came home unbelievably smiley. It was creepy." Chaeng made a face upon remembering her sister's uberly happy face
"Oh, she spent the night at Nayeon's? Really? That's why they were like that." Mina said while holding her chin
Chaeng just shot her a curious look.
"Here ya go, ladies. Two strawberry milkshakes." Dahyun arrived with their orders

The two drank their milkshakes and chatted about everything except, well, what they were. 
"How did you find this place?" Mina was actually curious
"A friend of mine introduced me this place."
"Have you and Sana-chan talked? Or did she do anything to you?"
Chaeyoung chuckled at Mina's question,
"She didn't do anything to me, we had a conversation before. She asked me if..." Chaeng cheeks flushed, she cleared before continuing "if I was already... uhm... taken."
Mina could tell that she was really shy since she was looking at her hands, so she urged her to continue. Mina rested her chin on her palm, tilted her head sideways so that she could see Chaeng's face,
"What'd you answer?" She was smiling
"I... uh... said I'm on it." Chaeng finally looked at Mina's eyes and noticed something, "Unnie, you have something on your..."
Chaeyoung didn't finish her sentence, she wiped the froth off under Mina's bottom lip with her thumb. She wiped it gently and slowly, intentionally touching Mina's soft and luscious lip. Her eyes were fixed on those lush lips and wondered when will they ever be hers.
What Chaeyoung did next shocked the spirits off them both, 
she put her the thumb with the froth on her lips, lightly it.
Mina can't help but gulp and bite her lower lip. She's losing her sanity, Chaeyoung was making her gaga. She couldn't even believe that Chaeng got so much in her sleeves. 
Mina's heart can't take it anymore, it was such a guilty pleasure. 
If the table wasn't there, she might've lost herself and just gave in kissing Chaeng.

She was staring at Mina with such aggressive eyes that the older felt weak on her knees. She wanted Mina, right there, right now. And of course Mina felt the same but...
She could hear Nayeon's voice and that brought her back to the painful reality.

"Damn. That was y!" Sana, thankfully (on Mina's thoughts), interrupted the intense atmosphere, "I wish Dahyun was that aggressive." The owner continued, shaking her head, she just passed by. 

After the froth thing, Mina went silent. Chaeyoung tried talking to her but she would only respond with a nod or a weak smile.

Chaeyoung knew what was happening inside that pretty head of Mina's, she knew what worried her. She just wanted her to open it up and not hold it in because she'll be there for her, always. 

They paid their bill and bid goodbye to the café couple. Chaeng decided to walk Mina home. They both walked in silence, two heads knowing something was off. The younger one stopped her tracks,
"I know you're holding back."
Mina stopped walking, guilt rushing through her veins.
"Is there something bothering you? You could always tell me."
Chaeyoung's voice sounded sad and it was killing Mina softly, she didn't turn around, thinking it was for the better.

 

 

 

 

"I love you, Mina."

 

 

 

 


There was only silence on the older's part, she's holding everything in. She'll be leaving soon and they'll be far away from each other. She knew everything was her fault. And this, this was the payment to her tolls. She wanted to turn and hug Chaeng and tell her she meant the world, that she loves her. But she didn't turn.

 

 


"Please say something, Mina. Anything."
Chaeyoung's tears escaped from her eyes

 

 

 


Mina could hear Chaeng's cry and that broke her heart, she couldn't take it anymore. Should she do something selfish again?

 


"Chaeng, you know we can't-"

 

 


"We can. We will make it happen. I'm okay with it. Just please. Please...

 

 

 

 

 

Be with me."

 

 

 

 


That was all she wanted to hear.

 


She turned and faced Chaeyoung walking towards her thinking of how foolish she was, almost losing her because of distance. When in fact, distance will never be a problem when you truly hear what your heart purely desires. 
Mina stopped in front of Chaeng and kissed her eyes, stopping her tears. She kissed her forehead, her nose, and finally did the most selfish thing she could to her, she kissed her lips.

Mina's lips tasted like strawberries, no, it tasted even much better.

Their kiss deepened as Chaeng pulled Mina by her waist and the tiger that she is, nibbled on Mina's lower lip. Mina smiled on her action and draped her arms around Chaeng's neck.

"Shouldn't you say something like, I don't know, I love you too perhaps?" Chaeyoung whispered as they were still on each other's embrace.
Mina sheepishly laughed.
"You're awfully sweet," she kissed Chaeng's dimple, "and I love your dimple,
but most certainly,

I love you more."

Both knew what lies ahead of them but this, this is now, and now is what matters the most.

 

 

 

A/N: :3
I, myself, didn't expect that MiChaeng will be the first kiss on this ff (well tbh it was SaiDa but meh lol)
Hahahahahahaha I hope you like it guys! Don't worry this ain't the end yet xD
And on the next chapter I'd be focusing on 2yeon and the story (plus some MiChaeng side dish of course)

THANK YOU AGAIN GUYS FOR THE VOTES AND SUBS xx