What's Underneath?

Basic

It's been days since they almost kissed. They thought it would be awkward for both of them but it wasn't. In fact, Jeongyeon and Nayeon got even more closer and, somehow, comfortable with each other. 
Yes, they still bicker. 
Yes, Nayeon still spits fire. 
Yes, Jeongyeon still does the schoolworks for her, even though Chaeyoung is already out of Nayeon's reach. 
What made her stay is that lingering feeling on her stomach when she's with her, that somersault her heart does when she actually smiles sincerely. Sometimes, she has to admit, when they're sitting inside the library reviewing and Nayeon's there solving some problem sheets, she couldn't help but stare. She even noted that cute little wrinkle between her eyebrows when they furrow.
In a small span of time, she knew some little things about Nayeon. How y her veiny hands look (that's how Jeongyeon looks at it), sometimes she smiles toothless (which Jeongyeon found as funny and cute at the same time), she misplaces her phone often, and has a wide range collection of lipsticks.
These were just little things about her but it made Jeongyeon proud that she noticed these herself. 
However, the most intriguing part of her is when she, all of a sudden, be silent and blankly stare at nothing. This mostly happens when she sees a bevy of girls giggling or any sort of happy expression. There's something beneath her smug looks and attitude that Jeongyeon wants to uncover by her own hands.
She makes Jeongyeon wonder on a lot of things but most of the time, she makes Jeongyeon smile.

"Hey, Nayeon?"
Nayeon hummed and turned her head, they on their way to the cafeteria.
"Can we sit with the Yoos? Just for today." Mina queried
Nayeon looked at her with suspicion but immediately shrugged,
"Fine by me."

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung were seated three tables away from the chaebols' table. That was their usual spot, along with the ordinary high schoolers. While Nayeon and Mina sat on the far right where, obviously, the rich and the famous sat. But it's not like they took the seating arrangement seriously, it's more like they were shoved there by society's expectations and got used to it as time passed by.
The chaebol twins sat on the empty seats with the Yoo sisters, Mina sat beside Chaeng and Nayeon with Jeong,
"What are you two doing here? Your seats are way over there." Jeong said while munching an apple
"What a pleasant view, Yoo." Nayeon sarcastically said and grimaced when some juice or was it drool? slid down from
"At least I'm eating healthily."
"Hogging an apple like a pig is not the description of eating healthily." Nayeon rolled her eyes
"Well, eating only sushi doesn't fit the description either." Jeong said pompously while biting the last piece of the apple
Nayeon scoffed and said,
"I never said tha-"
She was interrupted by Mina's hand between them,
"We got both your points, okay? So stop the bickering, it's only lunch break. You two have the whole day to bicker to your hearts content." Mina tried hard not to grin on the two's cute argy-bargy
"You know you two actually look cute together," Chaeng chuckled as both heads were suddenly on the mood to play with their foods, they thought MiChaeng didn't notice their blushes, "do you know who looks way cuter than you both and is actually a couple just days ago? Us." Chaeyoung then put her arm around Mina's shoulders causing the older to go red on the face.
Nayeon scowled.
Jeongyeon gaped.
The four were silent for a moment, still holding the facial expressions intact.
The bunny broke the silence,
"I can't believe you didn't tell me first!"
Followed by Jeongyeon,
"Are you sure about that? You're like three years old! Wait! When did you even... How?!"
Mina pinched Chaeng's arm that was draping on her shoulder, she removed it and rubbed the part Mina pinched,
"What a subtle way to say it, Chaeng." Mina glared at her, she just laughed and shrugged.
"I feel so betrayed right now, Oh my God." Nayeon said while touching her chest, looking hurt and, well, betrayed.
Jeongyeon, once again, was gaping.
"I'll tell you about it later, unnie. My class will be starting soon. Gotta go." She stood up, picked her bag up and kissed Mina on the crown of her head, "Bye babe."
Nayeon rolled her eyes at the scene that just happened.
"Sorry Nayeonnie, we wanted to tell you both together."
"Okay. Whatever. Tell me about it later." Nayeon and Mina both stood up,
"Don't you have a class?" Nayeon lightly pulled Jeong's ear
"I don't understand. When did you two even start going out?" Jeongyeon was still clueless.

Later that night in the Yoo's apartment, Chaeng told her unnie the details of their relationship- the why, what, when, where, how.
"And you just told me this now. And I'm your sister!" Jeong was flustered
"You were busy with school, that's why. Andd on here we equate school as Nayeon-unnie." Chaeng laughed, "I'm getting hungry again, buy up some food unnie."
"Okay fine. I need to take a walk anyways." She stick her tongue out.

Jeongyeon was on her way back home from the convenience store but her instincts were screaming to pass by the park.
She thought for a moment and then gave in, going through some shortcuts towards the park.
She arrived and jumped a bit when she heard some faint sobs coming from the swings. She prayed to all the gods that it wasn't one of those vengeful spirits who'll eat your soul. Her prayers were abruptly stopped when she noticed that it was a girl with a hoodie. She approached and crouched down to be on the same eye level, she was utterly shocked when she removed the hoodie, it was Nayeon.



 

 

 

A/N: Coming soon! Nayeon's past and a little bit of 2yeon drama kekekeke~

Thanks a lot, like a myriad of thank you's to all!! Love lots xx