=Chapter 28= (part 2)

We Fell in Love

My story is becoming more and more pathetic each Chapter ;( I'll finish this story and I'm outta here. I'm history. Anyway, just in case you don't know, I changed the previous Chapter, so click previous so that you could catch up with the story. :) I don't know if this is a good news or bad news to you but this story is coming to and end. Only a few chapters away. So enjoy this. . . 

-------------------------------------------------------------

  The doctor came out the doors with a forlorn face. Uh-oh, bad news.

  "I's sorry but we did our everything and our very best to save him, but there's nothing we could do anymore."

  DongHae stood up. He grabbed the doctors collar and shook him violently. "What did you say?! Our baby is dead?! Take those words back you old man! Stop joking with me 'cause I'm not treating this like a joke! It's our child we're talking about!" 

 The doctor choked, "I'm so sorry Mr. Lee, but we did all we could. The placenta was detached before they arrived here in the hospital. We tried everything. We're so sorry."

  "It's okay, doc. It's not your fault. Hae, cool down." SiWon assured with a frown and tried to protect himself when DongHae was about to punch him.

  "I would do the same if it was my child, too. Anyway, we're sorry." The doctor was still apologizing when he left.

  We silent for a short while. Then, Jessica broke the silence. "So, this is it? He's gone? He's dead? That's just it?"

  "Jessica," I said.

  Out of nowhere, DongHae started to punch the wall, kick the benches, and curse. "Damn it! this!"

  "Ya, ya, Hae, where did you get those words? Who taught you that?" SiWon asked. There was a hint of anger in his face.

  "Do you know how it feels when you know your child is gone? Huh? Answer me, Choi SiWon!" He pushed SiWon until he fell on the floor.

  "I know, Hae. I know it was a huge lost for you. I'm sorry."

  "Chillax, Hae. We'll work something out. You should be grateful that it's the fetus and not YoonA. You can make another one, right? As long as YoonA is alive. You can have tons of babies if you wanted to."

  DongHae, again, collapsed down the floor. Then, a young nurse walked towards us. "Mrs. Lee is in her room and she's awake now. She's in room 306. You are free to visit her." She surpressed a smile and left.

  KyuHyun picked DongHae up. "Hae, I think you should go. You two should work something out. And please, don't overreact in front of her. It'll just make her worst than in her condition now. She needs you, Hae. Be strong. If your not strong enough, I guess she wouldn't be strong, too. She must be in agony now. Go, Hae."

  DongHae took a deep breath and left us with closed eyes. We waited for him until he was out of our sight. When he was . . .

  "We couldn't just let the murderer escape like nothing happen. We should find him." I said.

  They all nodded. "But we don't have any clue. You don't seem to remember the car plate, right?" TaeYeon asked.

  I shook my head sadly. "No, I don't."

  "He or she should end up in life imprisonment. That's he's consequence for killing our niece/nephew." LeeTeuk said.

  That reminds me. "Yesung-oppa, didn't you said you have a relative working as a traffic police? Do you think he could help us?"

  "Oh, yes. HyunJung! Why, of course. He could help. I'll call him, now." He turned his back to us and dialed. He placed his phone on his ear.

  Something about Yesung's answer gave us hope. He was smiling as he hung up. "He could help. He said we could come over to his office now."

------------------------------------------------------------------

  I was conscious when the nurses wheeled me to my room. They gave me a friendly smile and left. My time in the operation room haunted me.

  "The placenta is detached. He's no longer breathing." A doctor said.

  "Let's try another method. Maybe we could still save him." Another doctor suggested.

  They worked over me for a very long time. They place some wire on me. On my both sides, there were to monitors. Both of them monitors our heartbeat. I couldn't see but I could hear. A few minutes later. One of the monitors stopped.

  "Doc, we're losing him!" A nurse said in a loud voice.

  What? No?! My baby should survive this! NO!

  Then, I could hear the doctor's calm voice, "We totally lost him."

  That did it. They must've injected more anesthetic in me because I'm now losing consciousness.

I shuddered away from that thought. I don't want to remember anything anymore. I wanted to pour some bleach in my brain so that it could burn away the final minutes of my little YoonHae.

  Outside the window, I could see a happy family sitting on a bench. Each of them has an ice cream cone in hand.  They were laughing at each other. A happy family was all I could ask for but this is what I get? I got into an accident, my baby is gone, now I'm seeing a picture of a happy family that I wanted. Where was the justice? Life is so unfair!!! 

  I covered my face with my hands. Trying to hold back the tears, obviously. Trying to be strong enough to face this, but I wasn't. Tears fell from my eyes. I couldn't take this anymore! Why no one would kill me when I wanted to die? What did i do to deserve this consequence anyway? I struggled to adjust myself, and when now I'm adjusted, what I adjusted for was now gone. I tried everything BUT THIS IS ALL I GET? Pain? More pain?

  Then, I heard the door clicked open. I didn't bother to look up who it was. I simply didn't care. Quiet footsteps was getting closer. Maybe it's a doctor or a nurse. I don't care.

  "YoonA," but it was the voice that I wanted to be with right now and wanted to avoid. But that leaves me no choice. I have to face him. He pulled me to a tight embrace. I could hear him sobbing behind me. I hugged him back. Crying on his shirt. His shirt was wet with saltwater. He didn't care. He tried to sooth me with soothing words like, 'It's okay, Yoong." , 'It's not your fault.' , 'I'm here now.' , 'Don't cry.' , 'I promise we'll work something out.' , etc.

  "I'm sorry, oppa. It wasn't my fault." I said in broken whispers.

  "Ssshhh," He sushed me. "It's okay. I know it's not your fault."

  We both cried until I fell asleep in his arms.

--------------------------------------------------------

  We all arrived at Seoul Traffic Police Office in a short minute. HyunJung was waiting for us in the lobby.

  "Hey, HyunJung, thank you so much for helping us so much. I owe you big time." I said.

  "Ah, don't worry, Yesung. Come in to the camera room. Your clue will be there."

  He led us to a room full of small TVs. He took out a tape and placed it in the player. He fast forward the tape until we saw YoonA and Yuri's figure.

  The plate was blurry but when he zoomed it in. "There it is, KS9834N. Do you want us to search this car?" HyunJung offered.

  "Yes please."

  "Very well then. I'll have my men do check-up on every street of Seoul tonight. We won't stop looking for this until we caught it."

  "Thank you so much, Officer. We appreciate your help." TaeYeon shook hands with HyunJung.

  "Ah, anything for my cousin's friend." He chuckled. "Well, I have to go now. Take care."

  We left the room after him and walked to the parking lot.

  "KS9834N? Sounds familiar." ShinDong said.

  "You know who owns it?" LeeTeuk asked.

  ShinDong shook his head, "No. I only saw this car in the campus."

  The campus! That's it! Our next clue!

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess you knew who it was ^^ sorry for making you wait soooo long.

 

Let's party tonight! XD KyuHyun, KyuHyun. . . XD BYe BYe!