Distance

The Girl of Interest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Guys, we won!”

"VICTORY!”

The whole basketball team of the Music Department were cheering, hugging each other and shouting as they finally won the finals. As one of the students who wanted to join but ended up only stood and watched nearly every competition, Nayeon was also dragged into their group hug, laughing and hailing together.

"Hey, you are leaving already?”

When she was collecting her stuff on the court, the coach of the team, who was actually a master's degree of the Business Department, approached her with a smile.

"Ah, Taein sunbae." Nayeon bowed to him. "Yeah, I have a date with a friend.”

"You sure you don't want to come with us? It's one of our few celebrations, plus," He jokingly tapped his wallet. "It's on me. You guys can order whatever you want.”

"That's nice of you, sunbae, but…" She smiled regrettably, "It is an important one, so I think…maybe next time. Thank you for inviting me.”

"Well, no problem.”

He leaned in and gave her a quick hug. "Just remember you are always welcome.”

"T-Thank you…Bye, sunbae.”

On the way out the campus, Nayeon yet not coming back from her slight confused thought and heard someone called her from behind. She turned around and saw a sweaty guy who still had his jersey on running toward her.

"Jaebum oppa? What's wrong?”

"Nothing, don't worry." He chuckled and reached out one hand. "I want to give this to you personally.”

"What's this?”

"Open it.”

Nayeon opened the small envelope and found a small piece of paper inside. She smelled a touch of fragrance the moment she pulled out the card. "Oh, this is cute!”

Jaebum scratched the back of his head with nervousness. "I heard you like lavender, so I chose a card with the smell of it.”

"Why you wrote me this?" Nayeon was surprised and confused at the same time. It was not the first time she received somebody's letter, but a card which is delicate like this…

"A-Actually, I wrote to everyone who has been helped the basketball team for the semester. You know, as the captain, showing some appreciation is my duty.”

Nayeon giggled, her little laughter made his heart skipped a beat. "You don't have to run all the way to give me this, oppa. You can just give it to Chaeyoung and let her…”

"Nah, I want to. You are special to me." He gently patted her shoulder, his palm was hot. "O-Oh…" Her cheeks reddened because of embarrassment, just when she was a little panicky about what to respond, a sound of cough came from behind.

"Jeongyeonnie! I don't know you are here already!" She exclaimed happily and turned back to Jaebum: "I have to go, oppa. Thanks for the card, it's beautiful!”

"Ok, see you." He watched as the girl smiled widely, clinging onto the other girl's arm and slowly walked away. She waved at him before crossing the street, he waved back, the exciting feeling deep down was already replaced by a sense of downcast.

On their way home, they sat in the penultimate row of the two seats. The sunset was on their left side, sprinkling the bus with gold and made the air less cold.

"That guy, Im Jaebum, right?”

Jeongyeon acted nonchalantly and asked the girl sitting next to her. Nayeon hummed in response and put her backpack on her lap.

"How's he like?”

"He is good at basketball, outgoing, and a nice leader. A lot of girls like him”

"Are you one of them?" Jeongyeon turned her head away to avoid Nayeon's confused look. "He seems to like you a lot.”

"Maybe. Maybe not." The bunny girl simply shrugged while busily looking for something in her backpack, which somehow made the other a little fretful.

"Yah, I seriously care.”

I seriously care more about what's on your mind.

"I seriously don't. He's just a friend, and not my type, if you're gonna ask.”

Maybe you didn't fall for him because you didn't know him enough.

"Are you sure? Have you given him any chance to…”

"You are talking about this again. Why are you so anxious? I don't even worry myself." The taller girl swallowed seeing her friend stopped what she was doing with slight annoyance. "I'm not anxious, I-I thought you said you want to have a relationship in collage, it is almost your forth year, so…perhaps it's time.”

“Is that important to you? We are in different collage now and both busy at school, we barely have time to take a ride home together like this so will you please stop asking my non-existent relationship?”

Then there were couple minutes of silence. Every time Jeongyeon mentioned about the romantic stuff, Nayeon always seemed unhappy. Jeongyeon did not know why, but she should have k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter