Mutual friend

The Girl of Interest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tonight, at 18:30, all the political and business elites of Japan are going to attend the banquet and the following auction held at the Sasaki manor. As you can see, the road has been half blocked, the police have been stationed. Who will be the star of the night? And who will be the owner of the Ocean Princess' Tear……”

 

"You sure I'm here as a bodyguard instead of a nanny?”

Jeongyeon knocked her mini earphone with her index finger and hissed to the person on the other side.

"Are you angry?”

"I'm frustrated.”

"Well, in theory, yes. C'mon, she kinda cute, you don't want an arrogant rich girl, do you?" Jihyo giggled as she was watching about what happened through the pinhole lenses installed on her partner's shoulder and glasses.

"Hell, as if a clumsy rich girl is way much better." Jeongyeon complained before turning her attention back to the woman in front of her. "Miss, I strongly suggest you take off your heels and change to slippers temporarily. This is the fifth time you stumble.”

"What? You're actually counting? You creep!”

She could clearly hear Jihyo was trying to hold back laughter. Is that the point!?

"Let me remind you, Miss Minatozaki…”

To her surprise, the woman laughed. "You should look at your face, J, it's so funny.”

She then took her heels off with one hand while using the other to balance by placing it on Jeongyeon's shoulder. "I myself want to kick these off long ago, but my butler is too annoying. Since now he's not around," She sighed in relief when her feet stepped on the pavement. "There's no problem. For now.”

"Let me take for you.”

"No need, you are not my servant." She said nonchalantly while taking a closer look at one of the sculptures in the courtyard. Jeongyeon withdrew her hand, glanced at both her watch and the mansion gate.

"The banquet will start in 15 minutes, Miss Minatozaki, so I suggest you put them back on at least 5…”

"Got it, got it, stop nagging! Jeez, you sound like my mom." She stepped on the turf with barefoot and walked to the fountain. "And, call me Sana. Those guys in stupid suits and their women in full dresses are gonna say those two words for the whole night, you don't need to be one too.”

"If you insist, Miss Sana.”

"…You are truly no jam." She rolled her eyes, bending down slightly to pick up a small rock from the bottom of the fountain. "Still, let's be friends, shall we? Even though you always have that serious face and boring tone and cut your hair like a boy, I think we are the same age, and you look like a good person.”

"Appearance can lie, but yes, I am only a month older than you.”

"Ah! I knew it!" Sana exclaimed excitedly and reached out her hand, clearly only heard the part she wanted to hear. "Well, you already knew that, but let's start it over again. Hi, my name is Minatozaki Sana, I'm 25, no siblings. I moved to Korea at age 17, and when I turned 21 I started to fly between Korea and Japan for my parents' business despite the fact that I know nearly nothing about it. Your turn.”

Jeongyeon chuckled as she shook her hand. "To be honest, you are not the same as those wealthy daughters.”

"Oh, I'll take that as a compliment." Sana then raised her eyebrow. "Don't try to change the topic. You are not the same as those bodyguards either. Mind introducing?”

"Why? Just because I am a woman doesn't mean I'll be weak or…”

"C'mon, my dad has bodyguards, so does my mom, and of course me too, not to mention those temporary ones for the events like this. You think I don't know what a bodyguard feels like?”

"Feels…like?”

"Right, the feeling. You must be something better than this.”

"Answer carefully, partner.”

Jihyo's voice came from the earphone. Though they were not undercover…technically, it was not necessary to exposur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter