After many years

The Girl of Interest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Paper, scissors, stone…Yes! I won!”

Jeongyeon grinned and tossed her backpack to Nayeon. "15 minutes, as we agreed.”

"Yeah yeah, I lost again." Nayeon mumbled as she threw the backpack on her left shoulder unwillingly.

"Damn, what do you have inside? Are you preparing to stay for a month?”

"Because I know you'll carry it for me on the way.”

"Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon!" Nayeon exclaimed and slapped her arm.

"Hey you violent woman…”

"Ok, you two, stop it.”

As always, Jihyo had to be the one to stop them despite the fact that she's actually the youngest of the three. These two liked to fight and tease each other all the time, but still, no one could deny the strong connection between them.

Their junior high school's graduation season had arrived, so the principal decided to hold a camping trip for the seniors. As a graduate, Nayeon was sure on the list. The school also asked for the second years' students' volunteer to prepare beforehand and go camping together as free workers, so here come the short-hair mischievous girl and her big-eye classmate.

"Why I feel like a babysitter here…”

"C'mon, you know we love you, right?" Jeongyeon threw her arms over Jihyo's shoulder while Nayeon clung to her other side.

"Shut up.”

After playing some games and the BBQ dinner and the long queues of people waiting for bathroom, they all went to their tents exhaustedly.

Well, except for one.

"Hey.”

Jeongyeon raised the cover slightly and whispered: "Yo, bunny, you awake?”

Nayeon was already in her sleep when she felt a hand dabbed on her head.

"Huh…?”

Her eyes widened when she saw who it was. "What are you doing here? Don't you have to go back to the second grades' tents?”

"About that…”

Jeongyeon chuckled and tried to pull the still confusing Nayeon out from her sleeping bag. "Don't worry, Jihyo will cover for us.”

"Us?”

"Hurry up, I want to show you something.”

She took out a flashlight while walking on the dark and muddy lane. They both stumbled a few times because of the rocks and pits on the road.

"You ok? Sorry to dirty your shoes, but this is the fastest way to get there.”

"Where…exactly are we going?”

"You'll see.”

There were some rustling sounds coming from the grove near them, Nayeon startled and gripped onto Jeongyeon's shirt unconsciously. She turned her head and when Nayeon thought she was gonna again, her words surprised her.

"Stay close to me, nothing bad will happen, I promise.”

The next thing she felt was Jeongyeon's hand covered on hers. They were walking side by side, their arms touched, their fingers tightly intertwined. Somehow, the lane didn't seem so dark, the unknown creatures in the woods weren't scary anymore. Nayeon even forgot her sneakers were moistened.

If we have to walk like this for a long while…then let it be.

Why I like this feeling so much?

Didn't aware how long it had been, Jeongyeon suddenly stopped and her thoughts were drawn back to the present. "Look." She did as told, and soon she found herself holding her breath because it was truly breathtaking. Red, green, yellow, even some purple and pink…

"You said you like metropolis, right? I figure you will like the city night view as well, so here it is. You can watch basically the entire Seoul city from here, and Busan too! I think…”

Did not seem to get a response, Jeongyeon got nervous and jabbed the girl who froze at spot. "Y-You don't like it?”

It took Nayeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter