Epilogue: Once Upon A Dream

Snow White

[Epilogue; modern AU. Twelve years old Seol is an only child of Wang So-Ho and Go Ha-Jin, beloved by her uncles. Five years ago, she met reincarnated Wang Ju, who is now named as Hwang Ju-Oh and has developed a big crush on her since he saw her singing. The episode ends with Seol introducing her parents and uncles her new friend much to their shock and dismay. Reincarnation!!]

“Seol, wake up.”

Twelve years old Seol blinked her eyes, still dizzy from her sleep. She opened her eyes and saw her mother Go Ha-Jin waking her up. She has long hair, fair skin, and her face was wearing with natural-styled make-up, bringing more beauty from her. Her mother was wearing simple but elegant white blouse, long black pants and her left hand as a ring on the fourth finger.

“Time to get up, young lady.” Ha-Jin said with smile.

Seol yawned loudly, rubbing her eyes with both of her hand. Today was her first day at the preschool and her mother prepared her clothes. After she prepared herself with clothing and backpack, she went down and began to eat breakfast. She was sitting between her mother and father, Wang So-Ho. Her uncles and cousins called her out and she greeted back with smile. Her grandmother Soo-Young prepared a lunch for her and put it inside Seol’s backpack, telling her to make sure she doesn’t get too picky with foods.

“By Seol~!”

Her cousins Heung-Gyu, Gyeong-Won, and Gyeong-Hwa left first, going to their high school. When Seol finished her breakfast, she grabbed her backpack and called her mother. Ha-Jin took her out and just in time, the bus arrived. Ha-Jin greeted the teachers as Seol bid her goodbye to her parents and hopped on the bus. The elementary school was actually connected to the international school of Korea and although it was small compare to other prestigious ones, it was good enough to let Seol attend since there are no school violence happened.

Seol get off from the bus and went inside the school building with other students, went to her classroom. She arrived and stored her backpack on her locker, pulling out books, notebooks and pencil case. She sat down and was greeted by her friends.

“Hi!” one girl with her hair tied in pony-tail, Hwang A-Ran greeted cheerfully.

She smiled as she greeted back. Cheon Jeon-Wu was among the most mischievous boy who likes to tease and play sports which was her favorite activity. A-Ran actually as two younger sister and one year older brother, but Seol didn’t see him. She remembered the first time she met A-Ran’s brother, it was five years ago.

 

It was a recess and children went outside the playground. Seol watched them screaming wildly as they were all playing together, her hand was holding a sketch book. One other thing she got from her father, is that when she’s in bad mood, she dislikes crowded place. So she went to the corner where there was a tree and flowers planted. Little Seol smiled at peace and began to sing the song her mother used to sang when she had a bad day. As she end the song, she heard a small twig broke and turned to see a boy around her age stood frozen. His eyes were wide in surprise, embarrassed to be seen caught.

“What are you doing?” Seol asked as she frowns.

The boy couldn’t say anything as she walked closer to her. Sensing that she might have scared the boy, her expression grew softened.

“Hey, I don’t bite,” Seol smiled widely, “I’m Wang Seol. What’s your name?”

The boy with timid demeanor looked at her. His eyes were staring at her large ones, feeling the sensation of a somewhat longing and nostalgia. Making a small smile, he answered.

“Hwang Ju-Oh.”

“Oh, so you’re A-Ran’s brother? Nice to meet ya!” She said.

They heard A-Ran and Jeon-Wu calling out for them. Seol grabbed Ju-Oh’s hand and ran towards them, unaware of a pink blush on his cheeks.

 

Seol heard someone tapping on her shoulder. She turned to see Ju-Oh smiling. The rest of day was great for both of them. After school, they sat beside together, along with A-Ran and Jeon-Wu inside the bus. When the it arrived at Seol’s house, Ha-Jin was waiting for her daughter. She noticed Seol bidding her goodbye to a boy who shyly waves his hand back.

“Who were you talking to?” Seol’s mother asked.

“My friend,” she replied, “mom, can I go to Lotte World with Ju-Oh?”

Ha-Jin blinked her eyes. Ju-Oh… ‘Oh…Yeon-Hee’s son!’ Hwang Yeon-Hee. Ha-Jin remembered the woman who was another incarnation of princess she met as Hae Soo. But in another world, Yeon-Hee was already married but divorced and managed to become the boss of Hwang Industry and they are forming a rather cordial relationship ever since they Yeon-Hee met her at the cosmetic shop Ha-Jin was working at. Seol’s mother smiled as she sent her daughter inside.

“Sure. I’ll prepare clothes tomorrow early morning.”

 

Saturday came fast and Seol couldn’t wait to see her friend coming over. Her giddy behavior didn’t go unnoticed by her father, uncles and cousins.

“What’s with giddy face, little princess Baek-Seol?”

So-Ho and Baek-Ah approached with grin.

“My friend’s coming here to visit today and we’re going on a date!”

As the word “date” come out, most of her uncles spat their drink.

“Aww, that’s great!” Eun-Hyuk came with his girlfriend Seon-Deok, “good thing we brought some cookies, chips and drinks after you come back!”

“Eun-Hyuk, I told you children under the age of thirteen are NOT supposed to drink beverages with high amount of caffeine and carbohydrates.” Yo-Sub came, scolding his brother.

“Oh come on! You’re being too strict! Give our niece some freedom.” Jae-Won said.

“So what’s your friend’s name?” Jung-In intervened with frown, asking Seol.

Speaking of…Seol heard a sound of doorbell rang. She was quick enough to run over the front door to greet her friend. When she opened the door, she let Ju-Oh in. She grabbed his hand and marched to the living room to introduce him. Some of Wang brothers’ smile faded slightly as they eyed the boy.

“Everyone! Meet my friend.” Seol said with smile.

Wang brothers didn’t expect Seol to bring the boy, for they predicted she was making friends with little girls. Jung-In, Baek-Ahn, and So-Ho’s eyes grew wide at the boy’s appearance.

“He is my friend, Hwang Ju-Oh.”

The Wang brothers’ eyes grew more wide.

‘Wang Ju?!’ Jung-In, Baek-Ahn, and So-Ho screamed in their thought.

Myung-Ha, Chae-Yung, Seon-Duk, Eun-Hyuk and Jin-Mu “aww”ed at the boy’s timid behavior. Yo-Sub’s eyebrows were raised but frowned still, bothering with the fact that his niece had brought a boy in the house. After all, Yo-Sub wasn’t immune with Seol’s cuteness. Sang-Wook’s eyes were furrowed for he also recognized the boy. Jae-Won whistled in amusement.

“Mom, me and Ju-Oh will be back before seven!” Seol told her mother.

“Alright, sweetie! Don’t forget to call if something happens.” Ha-Jin said as she went to the kitchen.

Most of Wang brothers—except Eun-Hyuk, Jin-Mu—glared, in unison, at the spot where Ha-Jin left. Seol dragged Ju-Oh to outside where Yeon-Hee was waiting for the children inside the car, while the girls giggled, already fan-girling over them.

“Did you see the boy’s face?” Chae-Yung asked Seon-Duk, “he was behaving so cute towards Seol!”

“I know, right?” Seon-Duk said, squealing, “I think Seol’s got herself a secret admirer~!”

Jin-Mu and Eun-Hyuk chuckled at the words, while rest of Wang uncles were glaring at outside. Looking at each other, Wang brothers smirked.

“You’re all thinking what I’m thinking?” Jung-In asked.

The “Protect Seol” club members nodded in unison. Ha-Jin face-palmed. All brothers went to their respective room, changing their clothes and went back down to get on their car, followed by the girls. Ha-Jin sighed and she decided to follow along, just to stop her husband from nearly tearing the couple apart.

 

“Oh, look at you two,” Yeon-Hee smiled as she drove, “such a cute pair!”

In all honesty, Yeon-Hee was surprised to learn that her son become friends with a daughter of her friend Ha-Jin. When the car arrived to the amusement park, Ju-Oh got off first and held Seol’s hand, in which she accepted with giggle.

“Oh, thank you gentlemen.” Seol said with smirk and Ju-Oh merely nodded. Little did they knew, her uncles in their black suit, sunglasses and hat were hiding to see them.

“Ohh, that punk…stealing my precious princess!” So-Ho growled.

“Easy, bro. They’re just kids.” Baek-Ahn said with nervous smile, bothered with So-Ho’s wolf-king aura.

“What are you doing?”

Wang brothers and Ha-Jin’s friends jumped in surprise as Yeon-Hee stood beside with questioning yet annoyed look.

“They are here to spy on our kids.” Ha-Jin replied on tired voice.

And Yeon-Hee found herself joining the group.

“Sheesh, our Seol’s too young to date! But they are so cute together.” Eun-Hyuk said.

“Oh Ju-Oh’s not the only one going gaga over your niece.” Yeon-Hee said in as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

“Excuse me?” So-Ho managed to speak.

“My nephew Chi-Yoon is in same class as Seol,” Ju-Oh’s mother replied, “and he once told me he has a crush on Seol.”

Wang brothers groaned as the girls were squealing.

“Ohh, someone’s popular~!” Seon-Duk screamed.

They were watching Seol and Ju-Oh rode on many rides. Most Wang brothers and So-Ho’s eyes grew darkened when they saw the couple was holding their hand. However, Ha-Jin and Yeon-Hee found a comparison within their kid. Compare to Seol’s cheerful attitude, Ju-Oh was considered to be less talkative. And his behavior somehow reminded all about a certain fourth prince when he was very young.

Ju-Oh and Seol was eating their ice-cream while sitting on the bench. The watchers all noticed Ju-Oh’s expression and Seol also become aware of it.

“What’s wrong?” Seol asked, concerned.

Ju-Oh seemed hesitant to say but he gathered his courage to tell.

“…I have been thinking…that ever since we met I have this feeling I know you long time ago…have we met before?” the boy asked, innocence filled in his voice.

Wang brothers were frozen. Unaware of them, the girls tried their best not to make any squealing sounds. So-Ho, Baek-Ahn, and Jung-In’s face tensed. Now that she think about it, Seol also had a same feeling when she met him for the first time.

“Well,…I have this crazy dream yesterday, about me got married to a prince…and this prince somehow looked just like you.”

Ju-Oh blushed. In honesty, he also had a same dream of him as a prince married to a beautiful girl who was strikingly resembled with Seol.

“Well…I know it’s weird but…it’s like my favorite fairytale my mom made for me,” Seol brought the book with pictures drawn and stories written by Ha-Jin, “here. We can read this all and keep out talk as a secret between us.”

He nodded his head. Then, two kids were on the small, squishy couch together and read a book together. Most of Wang brothers glared, dark aura of overprotectiveness looming over. Even Yo-Sub’s son Gyeong-Won grew this sister complex as he already formed a feeling of animosity towards the boy. All watchers noticed how Ju-Oh only focused on Seol as he was blushing.

“You know…, you don’t talk very much…,” Seol smiled widely then, “but I like ya!”

Jin-Mu and Eun-Hyuk “aww”ed as Myung-Ha and Yeon-Hee silently giggled. Chae-Yung and Seon-Duk almost squealed. Other Wang uncles and So-Ho’s face grew darkened, but a bit sorrowful.

“Oh noooo—!” Jung-In screamed, overreacting.

“Oh..kids…they grow up so fast…” Jae-Won sighed dramatically.

“Not fast enough though…” Sang-Wook corrected him.

Ju-Oh looked down, bashful at Seol’s words for he think he might have another dream again when he return to home and go to bed. The parade was about to begin and the small couple watched the show with sparkling eyes. The show was mainly about brave, beautiful girl become the prince’s bride, protecting her from evils. It was just like a same dream Ju-Oh and Seol dreamt.

Just like how they met.

Once upon a dream.

 

 

Note:
One series complete! This chapter is directly involved with “Snow White and Seven Uncles”. Thank you for reading my “Snow White” everyone~! I love you all!!!