His Secrets & Schemes

Snow White

[It was revealed that Chi sent Seon to cause the lynch on prince Im-Ju and Wang Jin, killed Seol’s child by giving her trauma. Fortunately according to the royal physician, it didn’t killed her uterus meaning Seol is allowed to have a child several years later, much to Chi’s dismay.]

 

 

In the Hwangbo’s residence, Wang Chi sat on his study chamber. His eyes grew blank for nobody could read them. His grandmother is bedridden and soon she will leave the world, making him become the representative of Hwangbo clan. He stared at the tea sets, remembering same tea he gave to his father Wang Wook when the lad was around six or seven. In such young age, he learned the danger of the palace and its cruelty. But most of all, he had how his father was as the failure; abandoned his loved ones for the throne, using his affection for them as an excuse to hide his ambitions and lost everything. Wang Chi didn’t even grow fond of his father, to begin with, and wished him gone. At the age of seven…his wish came true.

He still remembered how his father Wook kindly accepted his teas when Chi offered them with facade sweet, innocent smile. Though one year, Wook’s health grew worse to the point he have become bedridden, vomiting blood as he coughs. Before his death, Chi’s true colors were revealed to him with expression of distaste, hatred, and disappointment. But Wook muttered the last words he never expected to hear.

“I always held on to the hope…that the one who would kill me…would be you…”

His father passed away, smiling. It wasn’t the death Chi didn’t wished or expected but on the other hand he was a bit satisfied as he was free from labeled as a child of traitor. Now that he thought about it, he also swore he would not make the same mistake of foolishly losing the one he loves.

Chi then frowned as he heard the recent new after the miscarriage of Seol’s child. Wang Seon was exiled to his residence with his title as head minister stripped away. The physician had told her the trauma didn’t worsen the condition of her womb, meaning after some years, she would be allow to have another child, with Ju. Glaring at the failed attempt to break the two apart, he needed to form another plan until he saw his two sisters pass by. Then, Chi formed a bone-chilling smile.


In the palace, Seol was visited by Hunsook. It didn’t took her a long time to realize that the first queen was infertile to begin with and was slowly affecting her health. Seol had gave her the herbal medics to heal her condition two days ago and she found her friend feel better than usual. Also Queen Hunui was visited by her brother Cheon Chu-Jeon and her wife A-Ran, who was expecting. Seol will become their unborn child’s aunt as she congratulate them.

Ju returned from his court duties and straightly went to his queen’s chamber. The eunuch announced his arrival to the queen as she let him in. Ju was wearing dark red royal robes and she noticed a slight heavy bag under his eyes. It was no doubt he had troubles with politic matters but she allowed him to let them be taken care by her hands. Ju was reluctant as he was more concerned with her but she kept remind him that her conditions were better now. Besides, the officials were frightened or intimidated by her when she was at the court. 

Slowly, Seol gave him a space to lay down as his head rest on her knees. With kind smile, she gently patted his back soothingly.

“Goodness, you and your spoiled behaviors.” She chuckled heartily.

“Why can’t you rest more? I’m more concerned with you.” Ju retorted with smile.

“I already have, your majesty.” Seol replied back.

Then, she stood up and let her brothers, A-Ran, Jung, and Baek-Ah keep him busy with other matters as she left to the throne room. She entered the throne room, found the remained officials stiffened by her presence. She was wearing royal dark blue, back, and white hanbok with her hair decorated with headdress and silvery tiara and hairpins. Marched towards and she sat on the throne with grace as the court duty began.

The court was filled with the matters of clans clashed one another again. Seol closed her eyes, pinched her upper nose in distress. She felt like she was seeing couple of immature children fighting one another to get what they want. Then one representative of Hwangju suggested what she never expected from.

“Why don’t we have our king marry to the clan’s daughter?”

Seol’s eyes widened. She glared at him as the official shut his mouth, afraid of the impending wrath the queen will bestow on him. But queen Hunui knew better of the life in palace. This is not some fairytale world where the king could marry the one he loves by his own will. She coldly dismissed the meeting as she told them she could talk about it next day.


However, she wasn’t the only one to know this. Inside the king’s room, Ju heard the court lady informing the presence of the man he never thought he could see again. The door opened, revealing a man with dark robes and the prim smile formed on his face.

“Wang Chi?”

Chi only smiled as Ju quietly let him enter. Jung and Baek-Ah felt tensed at Wook’s son as A-Ran, Bo-Hwa glanced at one another. Behind Chi, they saw their sister Moon-Duk glance at them with sympathy and remorse.

“It’s been a while, your majesty.” Ju’s cousin spoke in facade polite tone.

“What matter you have come to tell me?” The young king asked as he frowned at him.

“I have come to propose you with the conclusion to end the clans’ conflict once and for all.”

Ju raised his eyebrows. Finding everyone’s confused expression, Chi spoke again.

“I will send my sisters to you as new queens.”

The king’s eyes grew wide at his offer. Jung gritted his teeth with seething fury as Baek-Ah held him back. Cheon Chu-Jeon glared at him as A-Ran, and Bo-Hwa gasped. Moon-Duk stared at her husband Wang Chi, with resentful expression. On the other hand, Wook’s son was beyond satisfied as his lips twitched with bone-chilling smile as Baek-Ah and Jung could envision their eighth brother’s similar cold smile.

 

 

Note:

New chapter up! Beware, guys, the Hwangbo rides again!