The Risk of His Words

Snow White

[Ju asked Seol to marry him and giving her time to think of her answer. When Seol was searching for the Crown Prince, she was encountered with his first wife who desperately seeks for help. It was revealed that the king finally figured out Seol and Ju’s relationship and Lady Hunsook needs Seol’s help to stop the king’s wrath.]

 

Ju and Seol, once again, walked to Lake Dongji after their finished their task. Ju had finished his duties from the court as Seol was done with teaching Hwangbo Su with martial arts. They were walking towards the small shore where the boat was floating close.

“Are you sure you want to try?” Ju asked.

“Of course, no one will know. Besides if they do, the king wouldn’t say anything when I told him I wanted to rode on the boat.” She formed a sneaky smile.

Ju only laughed at her bold reply. Yet, that was the reason why he was drawn to her at the first place. He escorted her to the boat as he walked on. He used two oars with his hand and began rowing. She looked at the sky with soft smile, mesmerized by colors of the sunsets. The ray of sunlight was glowing as usual, but she knew that soon the sky will belong to the moon.

Forming a boyish smile, Ju purposely swayed the boat on one side a little, catching her attention. He laughed as she pouted at him, but she ended up giggling along. When the boat date was finished, they were sitting on the ground where they could see the stars. The starlight was more radiant than the usual, as if they were shining just for them.

“The king told me once, the one with square-shaped constellation was called Pegasus.” Seol informed as she pointed on the stars.

“Excuse me?” Ju titled his head.

“Pegasus. He told me it was a name of divine, white steed that has pair of wings and is an offspring of the sea god. The winged horse was known as the god among the horses.” Seol explained.

“The god among the horses…, it’s quite intriguing. How come the king knows such foreign mythologies?” He wondered.

“My mother knows the best. They storybook father or uncle read to me when I was child…those were also written by mother.” Seol smiled.

Ju smiled along.

“Your mother, she must be very wise and intelligent since she knows many wonders outside the country,” Ju commented, “sometimes, I wonder what did she looked like…”

Seol sighed.

“Father told me I began to look just like her. He told me she was the most beautiful woman…although I don’t think I could be beautiful as mother…” She muttered.

Ju frowned as he glanced at her. Then, he playfully had his palm touched both of her cheeks, surprising her.

“Let’s see…you have white skin, eyes are big like a deer, lips were red as a rose,” then he pinched both of her cheeks affectionately stretching them, “also you cheeks are smooth, it’s rather cute.”

Seol groaned, making a face that made Ju laugh.

“It’s fine, you are fairest one for me.”

She blushed. Ju looked back at the sky.

“We could have seen the skies everyday, if I wasn’t a crown prince…” He mused bitterly.

“Whether you are prince, or a commoner,” Seol began, “what I feel towards you, will not change.”

Then, Ju gazed at her. His hand was hold her’s.

“If that’s the case, would you let me be yours?”

When Seol looked back, his other hand pulled out a small object from his pocket. She glanced at his clutched hand that loosened his grip, revealing a rather beautiful black, slightly transparent jade ring with white and transparent gemstone. She gaped at the exquisite jewel. Ju’s eyes grew a bit more beseeching with hopeful smile.

“Yoo Seol,” he began with his slightly shaking voice, “will you marry me?”

Seol was utterly speechless at his proposal. The crown prince, Wang Ju, wanted to marry her, wanting to spend his life with her.

“B—but the king, what if he doesn’t—” she stuttered.

“I do not care less of what he think of us for now. I just only want your answer.”
Noticing her reluctance, he sighed.

“You don’t need to give me your answer right away. I’ll wait for it. I’ll wait for you. Until you tell me what you truly want. If you don’t want to, I would still want you to think of me as nothing but a man, a human who was selfish, wanting to become your person.”

Seol only nodded her head, understanding. For now, she let both him and herself enjoying the beautiful moonlight. Her head leaned on his shoulder. Her content smile formed as Ju did the same in return. Little did they knew, pair of eyes from a mysterious man were watching them afar.

Returned back from the lake, Seol and Ju met his sisters and the girls from Hwangju smiling mischievously at them.

“Wow…did you two have fun together~?” Hwangbo Su teased.

Both Seol and Ju face-palmed, averting their gaze from them.

“Oh, I wish my husband will take me out to romantic place…” A-Ran sighed.

The girls continued to fan-girling over as Seol was about to leave.

“Umm, thank you to taking me out to the lake.” Seol thanked awkwardly.

Ju made a beguiling, yet loving smile.

“Remember, Seol. I’ll wait.”

Then they departed to their respective chamber.


In the next morning, Seol was wandering around Damiwon, where it became quiet unusually. Sensing the different atmosphere, she decided to check for the Crown Prince’s chamber but he wasn’t there. She walked around the palace to ask Wang Chi, or one of his sisters, but they weren’t seen at all.

She sighed and was about to retreat back to her chamber, only to have someone dragged her arm. She turned around, faced Lady Hunsook and the princesses. Their expression was alarmed, panicked, and most of all grim.

“Lady Hunsook? Princesses? What’s going on?” Seol asked, feeling apprehensive all of sudden.

“We need your help, now! Or our brother will die!!!” A-Ran begged as her sisters were about to burst in tears.

Lad Hunsook then looked deadly serious.

“I know about the relationship between you and him.”

Dread and guilt loomed over Seol’s face.

“It’s fine…it’s isn’t your fault,” Lady Hunsook calmed her, “I already knew both of you long time ago.”

“Our brother Ju…he’s in danger…!” Bo-Hwa shuddered as Moon-Duk held her hand.

Seol tried to keep her palpitation in control as she scanned every expression from them.

“The Crown Prince? Why? What’s happening? Where’s Prince Chi and his sisters?”

The girls were looking at one another, then looked back at her.

“They were all taken to his majesty…”

Seol felt the world crumbling down as her face grew even more pale. Fear and terror filled her large eyes. Now, she fears for Ju’s life.

“Seol-Ah…,” A-Ran spoke up, “the king…he found out.”

 

 

Note:
Ba-ba-ba BAM!!! People, the moment you all fear has finally come! Gwangjong has found out about Seol and Ju’s secret affair. How Seol will handle this situation? You’ll find out at next chapter and will see Gwangjong’s reaction there!!!!