ㄴtwoㄱ

Kidnap [Kaisoo]

"I can see your eyes gazing at the horizon.
An empty street corner, a silent embrace
love is quietly ablaze "

-Kris Wu "There is a place."

 

Jongin wasn't going to lie.

The man he was watching was attractive. He was shorter than Jongin but made up for it in so many other areas. Unlike Jongin, he radiated confidence. His face wasn't round nor delicate. It was chiseled. Jongin wished he could look like that. But he was stuck looking like a freshman in high school. With his scrawny frame and thin face, his body screamed weakness. The stranger on the other hand was built. He was thin but had muscle. Jongin could tell the man was sturdy, just by watching him type away at his laptop.

His lips were much like Jongin's, but Jongin couldn't help feel like the stranger pulled them off better than he did. Long story short, the stranger made Jongin feel like he was a dumpster.

Jongin watched as the stranger interacted with the overly cheerful barista. He noted it down in his mind.

Kim Jongdae- possible friend

Jongin sipped his hot chocolate as he continued pretending like he was reading the book in his hand. It was growing late, and the plan was about to set in motion.

Jongin's body shivered with disgust as he thought about what's about to happen. One by one, customers started leaving. Jongin left as well, not wanting to draw attention to himself. He crossed the street and hopped into the truck where his dad was waiting.

"You ready kid?"

Jongin nodded as he wrung his fingers nervously, his breath quickening as the clock was ticking closer to the café's closing time. Jongin watched the stranger through the window. His eyes seemed to light up as he talked to the barista, his lips curving into a smile. A smile like one Jongin has never seen before.

"With this money kid..." Jongin snapped his attention back to his father, "We could buy out our house. No need to hide from those loan sharks. Hell, maybe I can send you to college."

Jongin's heart races when he heard the words college. Jongin graduated high school the year before but his father refused to let him go. This was the first time his father said anything about continuing Jongin's education.

It was times like this where Jongin almost forgave his father. Forgave him for all the beating Jongin took, all the verbal abuse, all the skipped meals, all the painful cuts. Jongin hissed as he felt his father pinch his arm, bringing him back to reality. Like he said, Jongin almost forgave him.

Almost.


 

Kyungsoo sighed as he opened his front door, flinching when he saw his 'mom' come racing towards him.

"OH KYUNGSOO WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!"

Kyungsoo distorted his face in disgust, "That's not my name."

His mother rolled her eyes and pushed him upstairs, "We have a dinner tonight for Sehun. Go get dressed and please try to look presentable." She said that while eyeing Kyungsoo's jeans and oversized sweater.

Of course, how could he forget. It was the fancy dinner party that his parents have been going on about for weeks. Sehun was a senior and in the middle of making the decision on which college he wanted to go to. And because he was the treasured child of the Oh's, he could only have the best. Kyungsoo hated that, when he was looking for colleges his parents didn't even lift a finger.

To them, everything Kyungsoo did was a mistake. Kyungsoo groaned as he heard the doorbell ring throughout the mansion. He hopped out of the shower, not bothering to dry his hair as he slipped into a suit. He combed his hair down and pulled on a pair of dress shoes as he hobbled downstairs. His father gave him a look of disgust as Kyungsoo joined Sehun in the living room.

"I would say you clean up nice but daddy always told me not to lie."

Kyungsoo clenched his fist as he ignored Sehun. His mom came downstairs, all dressed up in an expensive gown. Kyungsoo tried not to let out a snort as he saw her try to up the college advisers. Going on and on about how her little 'Sehunnie' was perfect and how he won a measly soccer tournament when he was twelve and how he was 'destined for greatness'.

It was all sickening really. They moved to the dining table, sitting as many maids came out of the kitchen, each holding a silver platter of only the best. Kyungsoo sighed as the dinner dragged on. They only focused on Sehun and left Kyungsoo in the shadows. Finally an advisor spoke up, "Who is this?"

Kyungsoo looked up startled, were they at the level where they don't even mention Sehun had a brother. Kyungsoo's mom looked uncomfortable as she cleared , "Ah, this is...Oh Kyungsoo, my eldest child."

"That's not my name." Kyungsoo grumbled as he brought his fork up to his mouth. His mom glared daggers as the advisor tilted his head, clearly confused.

Kyungsoo's dad let out a fake chuckle, "His name is Do Kyungsoo but we adopted him so we named him Oh Kyungsoo."

His father emphasized 'named', as if warning Kyungsoo not to push his limits. The advisor nodded, "And how old are you?"

"I am 23 sir, and I'm finishing up my third year of college."

The advisor smiled, "Good good, what's your major?"

Kyungsoo grimaced, he always hated when people asked him this question. They always expected something great like medical or business, maybe even law or engineering. But Kyungsoo wasn't great.

"I...I major in culinary and minor in music sir."

The table fell silent. Pursuing the arts was frowned upon in the business world. It was obvious Sehun was going to take over their dad's company but Kyungsoo at least should have majored in business. That was one of the reasons why his parents tried to make it seem like he doesn't exist. They think that he's tainting Sehun's 'pure' image. The advisor was polite and responded with a quiet 'that's nice.' But his companion wasn't so mannered. He let out a loud laugh as he wiped his mouth, "You're crazy kid! How are you going to make money?!"

Kyungsoo grit his teeth, but didn't respond. He was more controlled then that.

"It's the twenty first century son, you think you could get by...by pressing a few measly keys on a stupid keyboard?"

Kyungsoo surprised everyone at the table....including himself. He slammed his hand on the table, making the dishes rattle as he stood up. Towering the man in front of him he snarled, "Many of the world's finest minds came from music and arts. Business corrupts men. Making them greedy and power thirsty. Music is pure. It helps people, brings them together. Music is the only beautiful thing left on this planet and it is my life. So please refrain from insulting it."

"Kyungsoo...." His dad's tone was threatening but Kyungsoo was beyond the point where he cared.

"Excuse me, I have lost my appetite." Kyungsoo wiped his mouth and threw the napkin in his seat as he stormed out of his house, hoping for some fresh air. He was miles away from his house in no time. He found himself walking towards the cafe, even though no one would be there. Kyungsoo sighed as he felt a headache coming. Pulling his tie loose, he slumped down on a bench. His hair was messed up and his clothes were rumpled.

He had left his phone at his house and was in no mood to go back to that hell hole. Kyungsoo let out a yell as frustration pent up in his body. He froze when he heard a noise.

"HELP!!"

Kyungsoo sat up straight, cocking his head trying to figure out if he had heard right.

"PLEASE, HELP!"

Kyungsoo shot up, he wasn't imagining it. He shrugged off his suit jacket before running into the park, trying to figure out who was shouting.

 

He shouldn't have done that.