ㄴfourteenㄱ

Kidnap [Kaisoo]

"I will trust you, protect you and comfort you,

I will be on your side,

I will never leave your side."

-Exo 'What is Love'

 

"Kyungsoo Hyung?"

Kyungsoo looked up from his job searching, "Yea?"

"Um you know Baekhyun? The one who got me that university offer?"

Kyungsoo grinned, "Like I'll ever forget him."

Jongin smiled as he looked up from his new phone (Kyungsoo had bought it for him the second day they arrived at Busan.) "Well, Jongdae said that Baek is graduating tomorrow and I really wanted to go to the ceremony, it's the least we could do. You know, just to surprise him." Kyungsoo nodded and shut his laptop, "Well, we better get some sleep then, it's a long drive back."

Jongin grinned as he leapt from his spot on the couch, giving Kyungsoo a tight hug. Kyungsoo chuckled as he locked his hands together behind Jongin's thighs and picked him up. Jongin let out a yell as he wrapped his legs around Kyungsoo's waist, "You'll drop me!" He screamed as he desperately tightened his hold on Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo just chuckled as he slowly made his way to their bedroom. He playfully tossed the younger male onto the bed, before quickly diving onto the bed himself. It was silent as the two got comfortable. Kyungsoo closed his eyes as he laid on his back. He heard faint rustling before feeling a weight on his chest. Kyungsoo opened his eyes to see Jongin resting his left hand and head on Kyungsoo's torso. Kyungsoo just grinned and closed his eyes again as he wrapped a loose arm around Jongin's waist.

"Hey Hyung."

"Hmm."

"Do you think.....you could forgive Sehun?"

"Why are you talking about Sehun all of a sudden?"

"Because.....Baekhyun went to the same high school as Sehun and there might be a possibility that we can see him tomorrow."

"I'll ignore him."

"But hyu-"

"Goodnight Jongin."

Jongin sighed before mumbling a goodnight.




 

"Hurry! We'll be late!"

Jongin yelled as he buttoned up his cardigan, running up the school stairs towards the auditorium. Kyungsoo was just inches behind, a bouquet of flowers in each hand.

They burst into the auditorium just as the lights were dimming. Jongin let out a sigh of relief as they took their seats. Kyungsoo sighed as he handed Jongin one bouquet. The ceremony went on. It was exactly as Kyungsoo remembered it when he was graduating. The principal made a long speech, saying how proud he was of each student. Kyungsoo swore he recited the same speech when Kyungsoo was a graduate.

They went through speeches, and then the actual handing out of the diplomas. Kyungsoo shifted in his seat when he heard his brother's name. Jongin shot him a worried glance but said nothing off it.  Just like that, it was over. The audience streamed out into the courtyard, eager to meet their beloved children. Kyungsoo took Jongin's hand as they looked for Jongdae and Baekhyun.

"Jongin!"

Kyungsoo turned to see a blonde haired male running towards them, tripping over his long black cloak as he tried to catch up with them. Kyungsoo's breath hitched when he saw a familiar face follow Baekhyun. He had a big smile on his face, his eyes locked on Baekhyun. Jongin caught the running boy with a smile. "You made it!" Baekhyun shouted as he hugged Jongin tightly.

Sehun caught up with Baekhyun, panting, he pulled the shorter male into a hug, placing a chaste kiss on the side of his head, "Baby, you can't just run off like tha-...Hyung?" Sehun's eyes widened when he saw Kyungsoo standing beside Jongin, shifting uncomfortably.

"Surprise?" Baekhyun said meekly.

Sehun turned to Baekhyun, frowning, "Is this what you were talking about with Jongdae? You planned this?!" Baekhyun nodded slowly, "I just wanted you to make amends with your brother. You're graduating and he deserves to know what you did for him."

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes, "What did you do?"

Sehun's shoulders slumped, "Can we talk somewhere quieter please?"

Kyungsoo scoffed and walked away, heading to the parking lot.

"Kyungsoo Hyung!" He heard Sehun call after him but he didn't stop.

Kyungsoo unlocked the car and yanked the door open angrily. Sehun slammed the door shut and leaned against it, effectively blocking Kyungsoo. "Hyung please, listen."

Kyungsoo sighed heavily but nodded, "You have five minutes."

"I was the one who gave you that debit card, that car and the apartment in Busan."

Kyungsoo's mouth dropped open, "What?!"

Sehun nibbled on his bottom lip nervously before continuing, "I wanted to help you and-"

He was cut off by a sharp pain on his cheek. Sehun's hand flew up to cradle his red cheek.

Kyungsoo had just....punched him. "Do you pity me?!"

Jongin and Baekhyun caught up to Sehun and Kyungsoo. Jongin wanted to interfere but Baekhyun held him back, slightly shaking his head. Kyungsoo was infuriated, "Was that it Oh?! Did you pity me? It wasn't enough that I suffered since I could talk?!"

"Hyung please...." Sehun's eyes were tearing up, "I'm sorry. I wanted to be close to you. I wanted to love you like a real brother. Mother and father were warning me that you wanted to take my spot as the future CEO. They warned me not to befriend you, in case you betrayed me."

Kyungsoo's face softened, "So you listened to them? I...I would never do that to you!"

Sehun nodded, "I know that now. That's why I did all this for you. I didn't know how to make it up for you so I just gave you what you wanted."

"What do you think I want Sehun?"

"A new life. Somewhere far away from us. A new start. No mom and dad nagging you, no annoying brother to deal with."

Kyungsoo faltered, because that was exactly what he wanted. Sehun knew him better then Kyungsoo originally thought.

"I'm so sorry Hyung.....just.... please don't push me away."

Kyungsoo turned his head to look at Jongin who was watching him intently. Jongin shot him a small smile and nodded. Kyungsoo turned back around to Sehun, dropping the bouquet as he pulled Sehun into a hug. Baekhyun wiped a stray tear from his cheek as the two brothers embraced each other. With a single hug, years of past frustrations, jealousies, and hatred melted away to reveal something pure....something new.

A new start indeed.