ㄴtenㄱ

Kidnap [Kaisoo]

"I look at the time which is running out to make a wish.
How I wish there's one more day, which is our tomorrow."

Kyungsoo groaned as he opened his eyes. He could see that Jongin was still in his arms, sleeping peacefully. Kyungsoo smiled softly as he ran his hand through the latter's soft brown hair. He brushed it off Jongin's forehead, only to have it fall back into place. "My brave soldier." Kyungsoo whispered as he continued to Jongin's hair, trying to provide as much comfort as he could. He didn't want to walk the boy up, no matter how risky this was. Jongin needed his sleep. He always looked so tired.

Kyungsoo was confused on why his mind and heart were acting this way. His mind was telling to fight back, to run away every time Jongin unchained him. But his heart.... his heart was a stubborn one. It begged him not to do anything that could possibly harm Jongin. Kyungsoo wasn't sure why he cared so much. He just stayed put and protected Jongin in the only way he could.

Kyungsoo leaned against the cold basement wall, hissing when he felt the shackle press against his ankle, making it more sore then it already was. Jongin whimpered at the sudden movement. Kyungsoo watched with a heavy heart as the younger male awoke. He blinked his eyes a couple times, trying to get a grasp on where he was. Jongin gasped loudly when he came in eye contact with Kyungsoo. He crawled off Kyungsoo's lap, apologizing over and over again.

Kyungsoo placed a gentle hand on the younger's thigh, effectivily shutting him up, "Hey calm down," Kyungsoo flashed him a quick smile, "It's okay."

Jongin looked down as he fiddled with his sweater sleeve, "Hey hyung...i was wond-". He was cut off by the dreading sound of footsteps on the basement staircase. Jongin's eyes widened as he pushed himself up, "Hyung, whatever I say....please don't take it to heart."

Kyungsoo nodded and gently squeezed Jongin's thigh once more before letting the younger back away from him. Jongin squeezed his eye shut as he nudged Kyungsoo with his foot, "Hey you, shut up!"

Jongin nudged him again as soon as his father came to the bottom of the staircase.

"Kai, what the are you doing here?"

"Father, he was yelling. He woke me up and I was just about to punish him."

Jongin's father raised an eyebrow, "Really? You?" He let out a snort of laughter, a sound that sent chills down Kyungsoo's back, "Alright, let's see it."

Jongin faltered, "W-What?"

Jongin's father grinned evilly, "If you're going to punish him, do it in front of me."

Jongin nodded slowly and turned to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo only blinked at him, and for a fraction of a second, he smiled at the younger male, letting him know it was okay to hit him. Jongin blinked back tears before walking closer to Kyungsoo. He towered over the sitting man, looking at him desperately one last time before throwing a punch that landed directly on Kyungsoo's jaw. The older only hissed, making no other sounds of resistance.

"Awh come on Kai, I've seen you hit harder than that."

Jongin shook his head, "I...I c-can't."

Jongin's father snorted, "What was that? Little Kai can't throw a punch?" He walked towards Jongin and Kyungsoo. Jongin flinched reflexively. Jongin's father laughed at his frightened son before grabbing his elbow harshly. Jongin let out a little whimper of pain, he wasn't even close to being healed from the beating he got yesterday. Kyungsoo couldn't watch as Jongin's father landed a solid punch on Jongin's stomach.

"HEY!" He shouted, successfully getting the wicked man's attention. Kyungsoo gulped as Jongin's father dropped Jongin before walking towards him, "Why are you beating up Jo- Kai? Wasn't I supposed to be the one getting punished?"

Jongin shook his head furiously at Kyungsoo. The shorter male could practically hear Jongin in his head, screaming 'what are you doing??!'. Kyungsoo grunted loudly when Jongin's father landed a solid kick at his gut. Jongin let out a yell, but his father ignored him. Kyungsoo laid there on the ground, taking one kick after another. He couldn't hold it back anymore, Kyungsoo let out a cough. Jongin screamed when he saw blood sputtering from the older male's mouth.

Kyungsoo squeezed his eyes shut as the pain overwhelmed his body. White spots littered his vision as he tried to get up. His arm shook under his body weight and buckled. He could hear Jongin's father laughing, laughing at his failed attempts of fighting back. 
 

Suddenly it was silent.

Kyungsoo slowly lowered his arms from his head and turned painfully. His eyes widened when he saw Jongin standing weakly behind his father, a cement pipe grasped tightly in his hand. Jongin snapped out of his trance and gasped loudly at the sight of his knocked out father. The pipe slipped from his fingers and clattered to the ground.

Jongin rushed to Kyungsoo's side, desperately digging in his pockets for the key. His eyes teared up as he tried to free Kyungsoo from the chains. His hands shook, making it near impossible to get the key in the lock. Kyungsoo gently placed his hands over Jongin's. Jongin snapped his head up, his teary eyes locking onto Kyungsoo's.

"Come on Nini, go find the car keys, open the garage and grab some rope."

Jongin just stared at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo sighed and took the key from Jongin, "Jongin go!"

Jongin snapped out of his trance as he hobbled upstairs. Kyungsoo unlocked the shackle and freed himself. He grabbed Jongin's father by the arm and heaved him into a standing position. With great difficulty, Kyungsoo had the large man on his back. He took slow steps, up the flight of stairs. With each step, Kyungsoo felt like he was getting closer and closer to freedom. By the time he made it to the top, Jongin was in the kitchen. He hurried to Kyungsoo's side and helped the older male carry his father. They made their way to the car, tossing the man in the trunk before tying him up. Kyungsoo slammed the trunk shut and turned to Jongin.

"We don't know how long he's going to be out so we have to hurry." Kyungsoo said, taking the car keys from Jongin's fingers. Jongin just blinked before throwing himself at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo let out a small yelp as Jongin hugged him tight, burying his face in the shorter's chest. Kyungsoo sighed and wrapped his arms around Jongin. He gently rocked them back and forth as he rubbed his back comfortingly.

"Okay, let's go." Jongin whispered. Kyungsoo smiled and guided Jongin to the passenger seat. Jongin sat down, still visibly shaking. Kyungsoo patted his cheek before buckling the tan male up. Jongin shot him a quick smile as Kyungsoo took his own seat behind the wheel. A wave of relief flooded through Kyungsoo as the car . Without second thought, he pressed down on the pedal. The two drove in silence, Jongin was looking out the window while Kyungsoo focused on finding the police station.

Kyungsoo made the last turn before pulling up the station. He was about to get out when he felt a hand on his arm. Kyungsoo turned to see Jongin holding onto him, tears in his eyes. Kyungsoo immediately sat back down in the car and took Jongin's hand into his own, "What's wrong?"

Jongin shook his head, "I-I don't know....I'm scared. I don't know what's going to happen now...if I'm ever going to see you again....." his voice trailed off as he looked down.

Kyungsoo frowned as he cupped Jongin's face, "Hey look at me.....I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to get this sick monster behind bars, I'm going to get all my savings and we're going to run. I don't know where but we are going to go very far away from here. I'm going to get you in college, maybe even mine. But I promise you one thing Jongin, we are going to be okay."