ㄴoneㄱ

Kidnap [Kaisoo]

Warning: There is a bit of description of abuse in this story so please be wary if you are sensitive to that kind of stuff

Also, this story moves slightly fast? Kind of. There's a lot of time skips but I tried my best to make everything clear. I hope I didn't move too fast. And, bonus, watch out for the song lyrics at the beginning of each chapter!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy! 

"No starlight in the darkness, I lost my way " Z.Tao - One Heart

Kyungsoo pulled at his earlobe as he read through his essay one last time. He had spent countless hours on this final project and there was no way he was letting any error, no matter how small, get through. He was situated in a coffee house, middle of the homiest café in Korea (or at least that's what Kyungsoo thought) The constant coffee aroma was like a drug to Kyungsoo, one that kept urging him to come back to this particular café almost everyday. And it also had a bit to do with the fact that his best friend was a barista here.

Another hot cup of coffee hit the table as Kyungsoo angrily pressed the backspace key. He looked up to see the familiar smiling face of Kim Jongdae.  Kyungsoo motioned to an empty cup by his laptop, "I just finished a cup, I don't want another one." Jongdae clicked his tongue, "You looked like you needed one."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes but took the warm mug into his hands gratefully. Jongdae was always there for him, ever since that fateful day where they bumped into each other a couple years ago. Kyungsoo could remember it like it was yesterday. Little eleven year old Kyungsoo wanted to go home after his first trip to the public library. His little pudgy legs were moving at their full speed as he carried a literal armful of heavy books. He had turned the corner and knocked right into a lanky kid who was known for singing during tests.

Kyungsoo admitted they didn't get along at first but Jongdae grew on him. Like how moss grew on a rock. He had no choice but to accept it. But he was glad he did. Even though there was a considerable between the two, they were close. Now that he looked back at it, he wasn't sure what he would do if he didn't have Jongdae.

Kyungsoo was snapped out of his thoughts when Jongdae clapped his hands inches from Kyungsoo's nose. Kyungsoo blinked and turned to Jongdae who was glaring at him.

"Closing time Soo, get out."

Kyungsoo scoffed but shut his laptop and stuffed it in his bag as he drained the coffee mug, sipping the very last drop of coffee. He knew he needed it, he's got a long night ahead of him.

"Night Dae, I'll see you tomorrow."

Jongdae waved the hand towel that he was using to wipe down a table, "I'll be here, with your coffee."

Kyungsoo chuckled as he walked through the door, letting it clang shut behind him. He shivered as the cold December wind picked up. Kyungsoo didn't mind winter as long as he didn't get too cold, but right now the night was way too cold. Kyungsoo hiked up his backpack on his shoulders as he made his usual ten minute walk home.

Kyungsoo could have a driver at his disposal with one simple phone call but he chose not to use the family driver. Kyungsoo was independent but even more, he didn't like to be associated with his family. Kyungsoo was adopted by the Oh's when he was a baby. He only knew that his last name was Do and he fought to keep it that way. There was no way he was going by Oh Kyungsoo. Not to metion, it was beneficial to both parties. The Oh's can pretend like they only had one son, their perfect little Sehun and Kyungsoo can pretend that he didn't belong to such an uptight, rich, bratty family.

It was amazing, how much Kyungsoo can get blamed for. 
Their poor Sehun gets held up at school, it was Kyungsoo's fault for not watching him. 
The chef shows up late, Kyungsoo didn't call him and make sure he was coming.

It was ridiculous and Kyungsoo wondered every day why the Oh's adopted him in the first place. He had a feeling it had to do with good publicity. Kyungsoo could just imagine the headlines. The oh so rich family adopts a poor helpless baby....that kind of stuff looks good on magazines. Kyungsoo guessed they didn't account for actually taking care of him when he was older.

Kyungsoo sighed, oh how he wished he could break from this stupid routine.

His routine was broken, but not in the way he expected it to be.


 

Jongin whimpered as he heard the clank of his father's boots above him. Dust drifted down from the basement ceiling, with every step his father took, more fell.

"Kai!"

Jongin stiffened as he tried to quicken his face. He tightened the last of the screw to the wall, pulling on the chains to make sure that it was bolted tightly.

"Coming father!" Jongin yelled back, gathering his tools desperately before running upstairs.

His father was standing in the kitchen, examining the dinner Jongin had prepared just minutes ago. The food was still warm, steam was wafting off the rice. Jongin stiffened as his father looked him up and down. Jongin was deathly afraid of the man he called his dad. With his six foot large frame, his beefy arms and scraggly beard, who wouldn't be afraid of Mr. Kim.

"Did you bolt the chains?"

Jongin nodded, motioning to the tools at hand.

"Did you find out his routine?"

Jongin froze. He knew that his father was planning something awful just to make quick dough and Jongin didn't want any part of it. He shook his head.

"Is that a no punk? Speak up."

Jongin gulped, forcefully opening his mouth to answer, trying to lessen the rage of his father, "No father, I-i was planning on tailing him tomorrow." Mr. Kim's face darkened, his neutral mood slowly going south.

"I asked you to do it today. Kai, you know how I feel when you disobey me."

Jongin bit his bottom lip, scared that if he opened his mouth only a measly cry would come out. Mr. Kim grabbed his son's face with one hand, squeezing his cheeks together painfully with his grimy fingers. Jongin whimpered as he tasted something metallic in his mouth. His father squeezed tighter, making Jongin cry out in pain. In an instant, Mr. Kim backed away. His hand released Jongin from its iron grip. The sudden movement made Jongin loose his balance. He cried out as he landed on the ground, his hitting the hard wood floor painfully.

Mr. Kim just scoffed, "You're lucky I'm in a good mood. Next time you up, I won't be this nice. We're doing this plan next week so you better be ready."

Jongin nodded as he swallowed down his tears, there was nothing else he could do. Jongin watched as his father dug into his food, clearly dismissing Jongin. Jongin got up slowly before making his way upstairs to his grimy room.

It was empty. A hard cot sat in the middle, a simple blanket was his only protection from the freezing cold of outside. His window had a crack in it so Jongin's room was always cold. The winter wind blew in relentlessly, not caring if it froze the occupant of the room. Jongin couldn't hold it back anymore. He slumped on his cot as fat tears rolled down his cheeks. He wiped them with his filthy hands, only succeeding in dirtying his face even more. 

Jongin wanted to give up, he really did. His father treated him like a punching bag. Jongin's body was stick thin and covered in old scars, black and blue bruises and cuts. He didn't ask for this. He didn't want any of this. Not this hellish life or his satanic dad.

Jongin just wished desperately for a way out.


 

Kyungsoo sighed as he ran his fingers through his short hair, debating if he could run away, maybe spend the night at Jongdae's. But it was too late, his butler had already seen him and was opening the gates to let the short male in.

"Tough night master?" The smiling male asked as Kyungsoo walked by, dragging his feet against the ground.

"When is it not Jinki."

Jinki grinned, he was used to all of Kyungsoo's temper tantrums. The Oh's did one thing right and that was hiring Jinki when Kyungsoo was eleven. Kyungsoo was falling behind on studies and refused to listen to the tutors. So they did the next best thing, they made the son of their own butler tutor Kyungsoo. The two had gotten along famously, despite Jinki being a couple years older. Although he was Kyungsoo's butler, Kyungsoo thought of him more as a friend than a hired help.

"Would you like me to run you a warm bath, master Do?"

"Cut the crap Jinki, mom and dad aren't home."

Jinki took his friend's bag into own hand and swung an arm around his shoulder as he led him up the stairs. He bid the shorter male goodnight before walking away. Kyungsoo let out a loud groan as he collapsed on his bed, his face hitting the soft material. He grabbed the pillow and let out a pent up yell that was begging to be released.

Kyungsoo was tired. Tired of being treated like a nobody. Tired of being left alone all the time. He hated his life, he never asked for any of this crap. He closed his eyes as he tried to imagine what it would of been like if he wasn't put up for adoption. Maybe he would go on family picnics, maybe his real father would toss him a ball and chuckle loudly when Kyungsoo failed to catch it. Maybe he would giggle loudly as his real mother tickled him when he asked for a bedtime story.

Maybe he would be happy.