Chapter 19

My Life and My Love

 

♂ Who'll stay in his life? ♀

RECAP:

“Thanks Mrs. Yan. Let’s go, Gui.” Mrs. Wu holds Gui Gui.

While on their way home, Gui Gui was silent and hurt to recall what just happen with her conversation to Aaron a moment ago.

************************************************************************************
On the other side, Mrs. Yan talked to her son when they’re gone.

“What is the real problem between you and Gui? I notice different aura to the both of you. It seems you and Gui Gui doesn’t want to greet each other a while ago.” Mrs. Yan asked.

“It’s because of Gui Gui. I feel so hurt. It seems that she doesn’t have any trust on me. She thought I’m in Anna’s side when they argue. The truth is I’m just protecting her from Anna. I don’t want her to be hurt.” Aaron said.

“Gui Gui told me that. She said you’re angry of her because of Anna.” Mrs. Yan continued.

“Anna is my girlfriend. And it is very awkward if I will not give my sympathy to her.” Aaron exclaimed.

“Then why it seems that you’re very mad with Gui Gui ? And you didn’t greet her when they arrived here.” Mrs. Yan asked.

“I’m s-s-shy to Gui Gui b-b-because….” Aaron started.

“Because?” Mrs. Yan asked.

“Ma, she’s so pretty now. And you know that I really care for her since we’re kids, right? That’s why I always so I can get her attention.” Aaron said like a kid confessing his sin.

“Why don’t you change your style of getting her attention? Try to give her flowers and chocolates but make sure don’t eat her chocolates again. And please be formal, okay?” Mrs. Yan crossed her arms.

“Why will I do that?” Aaron asked.

“You’re obvious, son. You like your god sister a lot.” Mrs. Yan smiled. Aaron doesn’t know if he’ll shake his head or nod. “Even if you don’t answer me, I already know the truth. And I didn’t really force you to take her home every day, right? You did that with your own free will because Gui Gui is very special to you.” Mrs. Yan continued.

“Ma, I have a girlfriend.” Aaron looks at his mother.

“But can you control a heart if it beat for other girl? And besides, I know that Gui Gui is much important that to Anna in your heart. Honestly, I don’t like that Anna. She looks like a cheater and I don’t trust her.” Mrs. Yan said.

Aaron suddenly reminisce what Gui Gui told to him. Maybe he’s really blind not to see what Anna doing to him. There are also instances when Anna doesn’t want him to take her home and doesn’t want to eat with him. Anna is very different to his teammates’ girlfriend. They want to be with them always while Anna seems okay if she's not with him. She just show concern to him when she knew Gui Gui. Looks like she’s insecure to Gui Gui.

Aaron thinks and feels his heart. Actually, he doesn’t know if he really love Anna or he’s just pretending for the sake of his reputation as a popular basketball player. The truth is he didn’t really court Anna; she was just introduced by a friend to him. Anna flirts at him and because he doesn’t have a girlfriend that time, they decided to have a relationship.

[[AARON’S POV]
Actually I don’t want to court any girls,,
Because I’m looking for something that I think no one can fulfill, even Anna.
And that “something” is the space in my heart only for Gui Gui.
The girl I really adore since we’re kids.
And that adornment turns into love when we saw each other again.
The only problem is, Gui Gui is very snobbish and so hard to soften her heart.
What if I follow the suggestion of my mom?
Why not try to give her flowers and chocolates?
But I will still eat some of her chocolates… hahaha
[[End of POV]]

The next day, Aaron’s teammates talk to him.

“It’s much better that you knew the truth from others than to us. Gui Gui is telling the truth. Anna is cheating on you.” Jiro said when he told what Gui Gui said to him yesterday.

“Huh? Then why didn’t you guys tell me earlier?” Aaron was shock.

“It’s very hard if the news will come from us. Because, we saw Anna once with the guy and warn us not to tell you or else you know what she can do, that girl is so insane and it’s very hard to argue with that kind of woman so we decided to shut our mouth. Sorry Aaron.” Wang Zi said.

“Then I think I have to talk to her now.” Aaron said.

“Can you do it?” Xiao Ma asked.

“Of course, and now that I’m sure of myself.” Aaron said, pertaining to his true feelings.

“Sure of what?” Xiao Yu asked.

“Later I will tell you guys when all things are okay and if I succeed on my plans.” Aaron smiled.

“Plans for Anna?” Jiro asked.

“No. This time guys, I’ll make sure that Anna will be out of my life.” Aaron said.

“You’ll break up with her?” Xiao Yu asked.

“Why not? Besides, she’s not worth of my love. There’s someone out there who really deserve to be loved than her.” Aaron said and run away towards the exit of the gymnasium.

“That’s Aaron! Go!” His friends shout.

**************************
Haha.. You though guys that Aaron doesn’t care with Gui Gui?.. Well it’s part of the twist in my story.. ^_^