When the Future is at stakes

Because Everything May Change ()

10
When the Future is at stakes



=====



(THIRD PERSON P.O.V)

 


Jonghyun smiled when he finally saw Kibum come out of the house.

“Good morning Kibum!” Jonghyun approached the guy. “What a coincidence to see you in my way to school!” He even added a laugh on what he just stated.

Kibum raised an eyebrow at him. “What are you talking about? I thought your house in the opposite direction?” Jonghyun blushed, he didn’t even know that Kibum knew where he lives but he’s rather happy that kibum knew about him.

“Well, I thought I could have an exercise by walking much farther to school. You know, for more health fitness.” He grinned brightly as he lied to the other guy.

Kibum just shrugged it off. “Ookay.” They started to walk together towards the direction of their school.

“S-so… uh… what did you eat for breakfast?” Jonghyun asked as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

“Breakfast?... um… I ate two slices of toast… scrambled eggs… and a glass of milk!.” Kibum said cheerfully and with full smiles on his face. “What about you? What did you eat?”

“Uh… I’m not really a morning person. So I don’t eat breakfast in the mornings. ” He lied again to Kibm. Honestly, it was the first time he didn’t eat breakfast just to wait outside Kibum’s house that was in the opposite direction of his own home. Jonghyun just want to go to school together with Kibum, he wouldn’t let someone steal the guy away from him.

“Oh! You know that you should eat your breakfast in the mornings! It should provide you with enough energy for you to withstand the day. You shouldn’t always skip it.” Kibum nagged like a girl, but it just made the other guy smile at him. Jonghyun thinks Kibum looks so cute while he was nagging about eating breakfast.

He grinned and showed a v-sign to Kibum. “I’ll eat my breakfast from tomorrow onwards, I promise.” Kibum grinned back at him, which made his heart flip several times before melting because of the guy’s smile.

“Okay, remember it always. Araso?” Kibum stopped walking and raised his pinky. Jonghyun also raised his pinky to make a pinky promise with Kibum.

“Promise~”

------

(Jessica’s P.O.V)

 

I snarled lowly when I saw Jonghyun oppa come to school together with that ugly , Kim Kibum. I don’t know why Jonghyun became nice to that guy. But, whatever the reasons are I still have to get Jonghyun away from that guy before he steal my guy!

My blood boiled when talked with each other then laughed. I think Oppa is enjoying being with that guy, and now I really have to act fast! I wouldn’t let just someone like him steal my source of popularity. I wouldn’t let him outshine me in Oppa’s view!

I frowned and nibbled on my nails. How dare he get close to my oppa?! He doesn’t even have the qualifications to stay with popular guys. First, he stole the spotlight at the party by kissing Jonghyun oppa on the lips. Second, He kissed Oppa on the lips! Oppa doesn’t even want me kissing him! Ugh! That guy is really irritating me so much!

I have to do something and fast!

(end of Jessica’s P.O.V)

 

------

 

(Jonghyun’s P.O.V)

 

I can’t help but stare at Kibum all through class. He is really addicting for my eyes, that bright shiny eyes of his, that perfectly shaped cute nose, those sweet perfectly sculptured lips of his, everything on his face was like a work of art.

I heaved a deep sigh and rested my chin on my palms as I stared intently at him. I wonder how I really started feeling this way towards him? Maybe its fate? Yeah, its fate that made me feel something special for that great guy. I also wonder why I wasted all of these years making fun of him than just making friends? I mean, how come other people don’t know what a great guy he is? I chuckled lightly to myself when his cute face appeared on my mind. I honestly think that he is so cute and pretty that he could easily pass as a beautiful girl.

“Kim Jonghyun!”

I snapped back to reality when I heard our professor, Ms. Kang call my name. I looked up and saw that all of the students inside the classroom were staring at me.

“Would you mind to share what your thoughts are?” Ms. Kang said sarcastically.

I stood up and bowed apologetically. “Sorry for not listening Ms. Kang.” I lowered my head, and my face begun to warmed up when the students laughed at me. I can’t believe I just got embarrassed in class. I glanced at Kibum to see him smiling warmly at me, then he mouthed the words ‘ don’t worry, its okay.’ That made my embarrassment vanish, He really is a nice guy.

 

(end of Jonghyun’s P.O.V)

 

----

 

(Taemin’s P.O.V)

 

I stopped dancing when someone turned off the music, I glanced up and saw Minho standing beside the cd player with his finger still on the button of the player.

“You skipped school today, didn’t you?” There was something on his voice that made me feel nervous.

I heaved a deep sigh and faked a smile at him. “Yeah, I have to release stress from school.”

A glint of something passed by that doe eyes of his that made me feel a sad sensation inside. It’s the first time I saw that, and its making me feel hurt inside. I turned away and bit my lower lip, I was feeling the pain again. The unbearable pain that I tried so hard to hide from him, the pain that I bore for a whole year.

“This isn’t really working Taemin…” Pain screamed on his voice, the type of pain that pierces me inside as well. “Taemin-ah… Let’s just stop pretending…. Please?”

“N-no… we can’t… your dad will get angry at you… you’ll be making your parents mad.” I managed to say in a whisper.

He suddenly hugged me from behind that surprised me. “I don’t give a damn anymore! Let them hate me! Let them be angry at me!” Minho buried his face on the crook of my neck. “Just please don’t try to leave me again… or.. or act like you’re not hurting… or fake your smiles… I’m also hurting inside… an unbearable pain… I want to protect you Taemin. But not like this! I want to protect you and be with you. Being away with you is just killing me slowly inside…”

“M-minho…” warm liquid trickled down on my cheeks as Minho was still hugging me.

“Sshh…” Minho kissed my neck. “I want to be tough and fight whoever will try to separate us. I don’t want to just pretend that I’m okay with just being friends because honestly I’m not okay. I love you and I want to fight, you’re a person worth fighting for. I just realized that, and I’m a fool for not realizing it sooner than this.”

Minho shifted my body to face him, when he did I saw that he was also crying. I felt his hand tremble as he wiped the tears on my face. More tears trickled down my cheeks as his fingers grazed in my skin, how I missed his touch. “Ssshh… don’t cry anymore, my baby.” He pulled me in a tight hug again.

“Please let me protect you the way I should’ve done before.” His velvety voice made my heart beat fast like the way it did when we were still together. I nodded my head at him.

“Sorry for the mistake that I made… sorry for making you suffer… I promise I’ll fight with you till the end.”

“We’ll overcome it this time around, I just know that Taemin-ah…”

 

(end of Taemin’s P.O.V)



====

A/N: Everyone I'm sorry for not being able to update for the past few days >.< my computer broke down so I had to stop writing and updating for a while. Fortunately its fixed now *rejoices* I hope you enjoy this chapter though... too bad its all that I can update now. Sorry if it will be disappointing for you >.<