HELD CAPTIVE

Because Everything May Change ()
17

HELD CAPTIVE

---

(Third Person P.O.V)


The big man pushed the red button on the phone and threw the phone aside harshly. The phone slid on the ground and was left open. The man snickered as he kept watch on Kibum, who was tied up to one of the warehouse's poles. The man was accompanied by his co-member. However, the man's partner was not exactly mean nor had he any intention of killing anyone.

This partner joined the mafia just so he could pay out his debt to the Mafia's leader, Mr. Jung to rescue his sister. He never had any intention of hurting anyone. He had to play his part so he said it did but in truth, he hates killing. He felt sorry for Kibum. The young boy was sweating profusely, and it was raining and cold. Was he sick?

“Hey, Kangin...” called the smaller man to the scarred thug.

“What is it now, Jiyong ?!?!”

“Uhm...th-the hostage is sweating a-and it's not hot. I think the kid's sick...”

Kangin stared at him in disbelief. Was Jiyong feeling sorry for the hostage?

“What the hell! Stop caring about the kid!! He's just our hostage and nothing else. Stop feeling guilty!”

Kibum flinched. He kept hearing shouts and yells. Who was it that disturbed him from his sudden slumber? He blinked his eyes, vision clearing. He looked around, he was inside a damp warehouse.

There were boxes and broken machines everywhere he looked. It was cold but his skin felt hot. Sweat was dripping from his hair, his breathing uneven. He tugged on his wrists, he was tied to a pole. His arms hugged the pole from behind him and his wrists were tightly strapped. He couldn't wring himself out. In front of him, his ankles were also tied with rope. He felt weak. No matter how hard he could try, his body was too tired.

The area was raining. When Kibum was dragged out of the school’s playground, the rain was pouring just as hard. He must've gotten a fever from the weather. He coughed and sneezed and this caught the 2 men's attention.

“Oh, look who's awake, Jiyong,” Kangin gave a smug look to the weak, young boy. Jiyong looked at him with sorrowful eyes, very opposite to the expression on the other's face.

Kangin walked to Kibum, who looked at the big man with disgust. He took Kibum's chin with his hand and cupped it. He turned Kibum's head from left to right, examining him. He was indeed hot in temperature and hot in physical appearance.

“You know, Kim Kibum, if you were a girl I would totally date you. Sadly, I ain't no like you and that Kim Jonghyun guy.”

Kibum may have been weak but he didn't want to tolerate such an awful . He wanted to curse him so much that the Gods would smite him.

“Kim Kibum, do you want to say something? What? Cat got your---” then he spat on him. With no words, the young man had said all that he had wanted. He despised the rude man.

Kangin was definitely not going to take that attitude. He brought out his pistol and pointed it to the weak guy’s forehead.

“What the hell, Kim Kibum!! Do you want to die early?!?!”

“Kangin! Don't!!”

“Jiyong, I want to kill the ! Why are you interrupting me?!” He yelled out, still pointing the gun at the helpless guy.

“Ms. Jessica told us to keep him alive until she tells us we don't need him anymore.”

Kangin put the gun back in his pocket, annoyed by Kibum and his partner, Jiyong.

“You're lucky that Ms. Jessica wants to keep you. She should tell us to kill you so I wouldn't have to waste my time looking after a super, hot brat.”

Kibum lips twitched and eyes were shooting daggers at him.

Kangin brought out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. He took out a stick and lit it. He breathed it in and exhaled dark smoke before the sick guy's face. Kibum coughed, the scent made him want to throw up. He was revolted, not by the scent of the cigarette but by the scent of Kangin himself.

“Could you please get out of my face? You're smelly...and it's making me more sick...” Kibum was able to mutter out. Luckily, Kangin didn't pay attention to anything else except his cigarette. Kibum was only thankful for that.

 

------

 

Meanwhile, Jonghyun was still inside his car. He stared angrily at the steering wheel. If that Jessica hurt a single hair on Kibum's head, he would never forgive them. He'd forever be in the depths of depression, anger and vengeance. He had so many problems right now, firstly Taemin and Minho’s relationship because of Mr. Choi. Second, he still have to deal with his friends. And now this happens! He was taking deep breaths. His nostrils were flaring, brows furrowed. He showed the expression of a killer. Yes, he wanted to kill Jessica and her bodyguards for taking Kibum.

What were his options? One option was to exit his car and immediately tell the police about what happened. Another option was to call his hyung about this predicament since his Heechul hyung had taken some business deals with Jessica’s father, Mr. Jung before.

Which was the first priority? Is there a need to ask? Of course, it was Kibum's safety.

He closed his eyes and thought of Kibum's smiling face. He tried to remember him completely. His sparkling yes, plump lips, gorgeous body, lovely scent and silky black hair was what he thought of. He imagined Kibum was in his arms, alive and well.

Yet, the image of Kibum disappeared and was replaced with the scene of his beloved boyfriend being risked at gunpoint. He was then shot and this woke Jonghyun up.

“I have to save Kibum immediately! Screw Jessica’s bodyguards! Screw Jessica herself!” He cursed.

Suddenly, Jonghyun thought of an idea. A plan that may actually work.
 

“I've really got to call Heechul-hyung...”
 

He grabbed his handphone from the seat beside him. He flipped it open and looked for his hyung's number. When he had found it, he called him up.
 

“Yoboseyo?” Heechul picked up.
 

“Hyung you got to help me!” Jonghyun exclaimed, almost in a panicked tone.
 

“What’s wrong Jonghyun? What happened?”
 

“Kibum! The guy that I love! K-kibum!”
 

“What about him?”
 

“He was kidnapped! He was taken by the bodyguards of the daughter of Mr. Jung! He’s one of your business partners, right?!”
 

“Jjong! Calm down!!!” Jonghyun bit his mouth. Heechul's screech from the phone almost deafened his ear.
 

“Fine. You have a point. I'm just...worried. They took my Kibummie! I shouldn't have left him alone. I'm so stupid!”
 

“You're not stupid, Jjong. You just didn't know that something like this will happen. Look, you called me up so you must have something in mind, right? What is it?”
 

“Okay...this is my idea---”
 

----- 

A/N:sorry for not being able to answer your previous comments… Physical Education really kills my time… *and me*… so please, please, please bear with me for a little while, okay?... and by the way, did I fail in this chapter???... I want to know… I’m worried about it. I wrote it while having my anatomy & physiology class… anyways, I love you all!~ thanks for bearing with me all this times ^u^ thanks for the support ^u^