Did we become ‘close’… or not?

Because Everything May Change ()

12

Did we become ‘close’… or not?

------

 

(Key’s P.O.V)

 

“What happened to your right cheek? Why is it swollen?”

My body froze when I heard Jonghyun’s question. I tried so hard to hide the swollen side of my cheek that Jessica slapped, but now I know that I failed at hiding it. I didn’t even expect that Jonghyun would notice the swelling, but he still did noticed it.

I bit my lower lip and just lied to him. “U-uh… I-its nothing… I-I just f-fell down on my w-way here… y-you know h-how my c-car is in r-repair right now, right?” I swallowed. “S-so I f-fell down while walking… b-because I had c-cramps ‘cos I walked too far…”

Jonghyun sighed and leaned towards me, I bit my lower lip again. I flinched when his fingers grazed on my swollen cheek, I don’t know if its because my cheek is swollen or is it because his touch sent shock to my skin.

“You should’ve put an ice pack on it so that it wouldn’t swell so much.” Jonghyun stood up and walked out the room. I just waited curiously for return as I rubbed my hand on my swollen right cheek. I must’ve looked like a wreck that Jonghyun even noticed it.

After a while, Jonghyun came back to the room with an ice pack on his hand. I gasped faintly and I almost forgot how to breathe when he kneeled in front of me then he caressed my cheek before placing the ice pack on it. I just look at my feet as he kneeled in front of me. My heart was beating so loudly that I think I can go deaf with its sound.

“Please be careful next time Kibum. Okay?” There was a warm sensation on his voice that gave me warmth inside. I raised my head and tried to look at him, but I realized what a wrong move I just did. Jonghyun’s face was just inches away from mine that I can feel his warm breath on my face. He was staring at me intensely, as if he’s trying to decipher something.

“A-araso…” I managed to answer even though I stuttered. I bit my lower lip and looked away. His stare makes my heart beat faster and faster. Jonghyun sighed then he surprised me when he suddenly kissed me on the forehead.

“Good boy.” Jonghyun smiled at me before standing up and messing my hair.

I laughed, he made the awkwardness disappear with his smile, then I playfully pouted at him. “Do I look like a dog to you, Kim Jonghyun?”

He grinned and sat beside me in his bed. “Well, you looked like a lost little puppy for me. You can be cute all the time, but you can also be dangerous and foolish at times. Which by the way still makes you look cute.” I don’t know why his laugh always sounded so smooth for my ears but that’s just fine with me. I have loved this caring and nice guy for a long time, and just being friends with him will be so much fine with me.

“Should we skipped the tutoring session, since my tutor-slash-little puppy is injured?” I pouted at him but then I nodded my head. “Great! I like that too.”

“Aigooo! you look so cute!”Jonghyun hugged me gently that made my face blush at his touch. His touch and his hug feels so comfortingly nice. “Let’s watch movies for now, is that fine with you?”  Jonghyun smiled brightly when I nodded again at him.

“Yay!” He broke the hug and dance like a fool that made me laugh so hard that I was already clutching my stomach. Jonghyun stopped dancing and gave me a victory sign. Omo! he looks so cute!

“Wait here, araso? I’ll just prepare snacks for the two of us.” Jonghyun grinned cheerfully at me before skipping out of his own room.

Aigo…I wish he would always be this nice to me.

 

(End of Key’s P.O.V)

 

-----

(Jonghyun’s P.O.V)

 

I smiled to myself as I felt Kibum’s body shifted to lean on my chest, the poor guy fell asleep while we were watching a foreign movie. Maybe he got really tired today… I heaved a deep sigh when my eyes focused on his swollen right cheek.

I doubted that Kibum got it from just a fall, I mean it wouldn’t be that swollen if its just a fall, right? I sighed and stared at his face as I completely ignore the film that was playing on the television. Kibum looks extra cute as he sleep soundly. I chuckled to myself, he really looks like a cute little puppy. With all his cute and pretty features, he really is the first one who made me feel like this, like a lovestruck school girl.

I slowly leaned towards the sleeping boy and kissed him gently on the lips avoiding on waking him up. I smiled after I kissed him, it still taste the same as the first time that lips captured mine. The kiss that made me change so much.

“Just how can you have the most perfect lips, Kim Kibum?” I grinned and asked myself.

I froze when Kibum moved and slowly opened his eyes, did he hear what I just said?

“Uh..” Kibum sat up and yawned before looking at me while rubbing both of his eyes cutely. “did I fell asleep?” I smiled and nodded at him. “sorry about that, I just had a very exhausting day.”

“That’s just fine with me.” I smiled sweetly at him. “by the way, do you want some snack?” He nodded at me.

I took out a pack of chocolate covered strawberries that I brought on my way from school, a snack I also thought was long gone.

Kibum gawked and pointed at the pack, “A-Are those ch-chocolate covered strawberries?!”

“Yeah. I passed by the convenience store on my way home and saw this.”

“You like eating those?”

“Of course! It’s my favorite snack. I thought they removed this from the market but it’s a good thing I saw some at the store. Why? Do you like them too?”

“Yeah! I’ve loved them since I was a kid!”

“Really? Me, too!”

I was stunned that I found something in common between myself and Kibum. I gave him a strawberry and  raised mine

“Cheers?”

Kibum smiled and tapped his strawberry on mine before taking a bite. The sweet sugary chocolate melted in my mouth and a mixed-sour strawberry balanced out the flavors. We both moaned in its sensational sweetness.

I eyed Kibum’s lips which had some chocolate on them. I tapped him on the shoulder to tell him.

“Kibum-ah…uh…you have some…chocolate here,” I pointed on his lips.

Kibum rubbed his hand on the part of his lips that I had pointed but wasn’t getting the chocolate. I rolled my eyes.

“Nevermind. I’ll get it.”

 

(end of Jonghyun’s P.O.V)

----

 

(Third Person P.O.V)

 

 

Jonghyun leaned closer and wiped the chocolate off of Kibum’s lip. Jonghyun froze all of a sudden. He was only an inch or two from Kibum’s face again that made Jonghyun’s heart race. Kibum, too, looked at the other guy’s face.

There was a spark. It couldn’t be explained but—something electrified both of them. Jonghyun couldn’t hold on anymore that he initiated and kissed Kibum. What was weird was—The younger guy didn’t even pull away. They both felt the kiss with much love and attraction.

Kibum placed his hand on Jonghyun’s cheek; while Jonghyun’s hand traveled  behind Kibum’s neck, deepening their kiss. When the tongue was associated, Kibum snapped back to reality.

 

Kibum pushed Jonghyun and leaned back. He wiped his mouth with his sleeve and stared with blank eyes. Why did he allow it to happen? Does he feel the same for me? Or is he playing with me?

“I-I have to go…er…I-I’ll see you on tomorrow!”

The flustered Kibum grabbed his bag, ran out the door and fled the scene of the crime. As he ran, his heart was racing. No—not because of the running but because of what had just occurred. Kibum was confuse and curious if Jonghyun feels something for him too.

 Is it the reason Jonghyun was being nice to him these past few days?

----

A/N: what do you think? Did the fluff and romance went well? Did it? Did it? Did it? *uses puppy-dog eyes*… well, please comment, okay? *hugs* I feel happy every time someone appreciates my story… and I feel sad when nobody comments on it *cries*. Comment, okay?