thirty

Euneirophrenia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Song Jihyo x Lee Jaijin

 

 

It was that usual lunch break. She was standing near my office building, trying her best to light up her last cigarette in that freezing winter. She didn’t do lunch, maybe sometimes when she felt really hungry. Her co-workers are quite nosy and they talked a lot. So she’d rather take a smoke break at some alleyway near her office building. She puffed out the smoke as she checked the time, fifteen more minutes. But then…

“Jihyo.” It was him.

She stayed silent for a second before bowing at him, slightly. She played the cigarette butts in between my fingers. She’s always afraid of meeting him in person, after what happened between them.

“You still work here.” It wasn’t a question.

She nodded.

She thought she hates him, after what he did to her. After what he did to her life, after he shattered down her dreams. But no… her heart felt numb.

“You look different.” He said, eyeing the cigarette between her fingers.

She let out a small laugh.

She threw the remaining cigarette before crushing them down with her heels.

“It’s nice seeing you.” She petted his arm before turned her heels towards her office building.

He stared at her back until she’s gone in between the large glass door. With his fingers in between his dark blonde hair, he left the alleyway.

 

Song Jihyo walked in between glass locker filled with pictures and flowers. She stopped in one near the corner. There’s a picture of her hugging a male version of her. Her brother. Placing a tiny bouquet of flowers, she smiled.

“Happy birthday.” She whispered.

“I met him, after all these years.” She said against the glass locker.

There’s a long pause before she continued, “Seongmoon, why didn’t you just take me with you? I don’t think I can handle this anymore.”

Jihyo stepped away from the locker as she sighed. It’d been three years but her life just doesn’t get any easier.

“I’ll meet dad at the hospital, he probably wont remember me. But Seongmoon, happy birthday.”

That was her last words before she left.

But suddenly she stopped when she saw a familiar figure near the door.

“Is that Seongmoon’s?” he asked.

She nodded slowly.

“When…” he didn’t finish the word.

“Thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter