One of A Kind

This Is It

"Hello?"

"Hey you"

"Do you remember the favour I asked you last week?"

"Favour?"

"To spend my birthday with me."

"You call that a favour?!"

"Considering what you might have to deal with.. yes a favour"

"What would I have to deal with?"

"That doesn't matter.. for now. Anyway, I just wanted to make some adjustments to my request."

"Adjustments?"

"Yes, adjustments. Instead of spending just a day with me can you set aside 3 days? The day before and the day after?"

"But I planned to film one of my choreography's the day after."

"Solo choreography?"

"Yes"

"You dancing?"

"..Yes"

"Well, that's settled. I can help you with that."

"But I already made arrangements with the camera person"

"I will handle everything just leave it to me. So will we be able to set 3 days aside for me?"

"Fine. You better make it up to me okay? I don't cancel my filming for just anyone"

"I will! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!"

"Okay okay that's enough. I've gotta go now, my students are waiting"

"Okay! I'll talk to later! Bye!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*DingDong*

"Ellie? What are you doing here? I was just about to leave to meet you"

"There's something we need to do first"

"And what is that?"

"Pack."

"Pack what?"

"Stuff"

"Ellieeee... Why are you packing clothes for me? What is it you're not telling me?"

"Nothing"

"It isn't nothing for sure. Not when you have that smile on your face."

"You'll know, soon enough"

"Which is why you should just tell me what's going on"

"Which pair would you like? The red ones or the black ones? I personally think you should go with.."

"HEY! HANDS OFF! THAT'S PRIVATE! I CAN PACK THOSE MYSELF THANK YOU VERY MUCH. AND KEEP YOU OPINION ABOUT MY LINGERIE TO YOURSELF. NOW MOVE AND LET ME PACK"

"Ahahaha! Okay! Chill! Hands off the merchandise. Got it. Just hurry okay? We need to leave in 5 minutes."

"If you just tell me where we are going.."

"You'll know soon okay? So just hurry"

"... the things I do for you.."

"Is because you love me. Don't kid yourself with that gagging act, you know it's true!"

"Whatever. I'm done. Let's go. I know we are going somewhere far but argh some idiotic child doesn't want to tell me"

"What idiotic child? I don't see anyone around Hyemi?"

"God let's just go. I give up"

"hahaha good call! but yes let's go! I'll get the bags, you call a cab"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hyemi! Wake up! We're here!"

"Huh what where?"

"Gimpo Airport"

"THE AIRPORT!"

"YUPYUP! WE'RE GOING TO JEJUDO!"

"WE ARE WHAT? BUT TICKETS.. ACCOMODATION.. MONEY"

"I told you I will get everything settled, didn't I? Everything has been arranged and paid for"

"But I can't afford to pay you back Ellie"

"I never asked you to"

"No, I can't accept this. I will pay you back but.. slowly"

"No, you won't. This whole trip will be on me. I made this decision. I wasn't something we planned together. So you are not obligated to pay me for anything. And besides.. we're family. I would never expect Ellie to pay me back if I paid for something for her. It's called sharing what you have. SO END OF CONVERSATION. I am not hearing another word of this. Okay?"

"Well that was one heck of a monologue"

"What can I say, I have a way with words"

"..."

"Okay! Now that's settled let's get our luggage checked in!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm starving"

"Ellie my dear, what's new? You're always hungry"

"No, I'm not."

"We had a heavy breakfast before the flight and just a mere hour later you're not only hungry but you say you're starving"

"Hey! The flight worked up my appetite!"

"Just sitting still worked up your.. *sigh* nevermind. Our first order of business shall be to get some food into that black hole of yours"

"Yay let's go! But remember this Hyemi, this whole trip is on me, so I'm buying"

"But"

"No buts. Let's go. We just have to find the car that I rented.. Oh there it is! This way Hyemi!"

"Wha.. You got us.. wow"

"Pretty isn't it"

"Yeah it sure is"

"I know you've always wanted to go for ride in a convertible so yeah I chose this car for us"

"Not just any convertible, you got us a Porshe"

"Mmhmm and all you have to do is, sit back and enjoy the ride"

"If only I had a license"

"Yeah well you're the one being lazy about it"

"Don't rub it  in. Let's just go and get you some food."

"Sounds good to me! Leggo!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was fun! The wind blowing in our hair! I mean some dust did get in my eyes but WHO CARES! That was awesome! Ellie this is the best thing you've done so far today."

"Yay 1 point Ellie"

"Alright kid so what are we having today?"

"Look out the window"

"Huh? What are we doing at the docks?"

"That's cos we're having sashimi! And well, cooked fish and stuff too"

"On the boat"

"Mmhmm. But in order to eat, we're going to have to catch our own fish"

"I'm sorry, what did you say? I'm pretty sure I misheard you. We have to do what now?"

"C'mon it's not so bad! Fishing is going to be fun! YongSun Unnie was totally against it before she went with Eric but she enjoyed it in the end!"

"Who's Yong.. aaah.. Solar and Eric...."

"Yup"

".........Is that what inspired you?"

"Mmhmm"

"Thanks Eric"

"What's with the sarcasm. I bet you're gonna love it so just move along. The boat isn't going to wait for us"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was so much fun! Wasn't it Hyemi? We caught our own fish and we ate till we could explode! Gosh it was so yummy."

"... it was yummy"

"Haha stop sulking. You'll do better next time"

"Better? I didn't even do good to get better! Not even 1 catch. Everything we had is what YOU caought. Next time? I don't think so"

"Even if it's with me?"

"..."

"Even if I asked you with this face?"

"Stop that. We'll cross that bridge when the time comes. I'm not going to fall for it now. I am going to strengthen my defences against your emotional blackmail first."

"AHAHAHA. Go ahead and try. We both know who will emerge the winner"

"I hate you"

"But I love you"

"Urgh you ball of cheese. Stop it"

"Haha fine! But only because we're already here! Look out the window. No, wait. You don't need to. They're already going to open the door for you"

"Wowwww.. this place is huge. And beautiful and... okay I was clearly just talking to myself"

"Hahaha sorry! I was just tipping the valet and the doorman! What were you saying?"

"Just that this place is amazing and we haven't even seen most of it"

"Mmhmm it's better than I remember. They've changed quite a bit but it somehow still feels familiar"

"You've been here before?"

"Yeah.."

"When?"

"10 years ago. On holiday. With my family. For our birthday"

"oh erm"

"And I want to spend it here with you. This year."

"Let's make some great memories here then shall we?"

"That was the plan all along! So let's check out the room, wash up, order in some room service and maybe later we could head down to the pool or go for a massage or something"

"Sounds like a plan! Leggo!"

"Haha you're influenced by Ddongie couple too"

"No, you are. I'm just influenced by you"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello"

"Ma'am. Could you speak louder? I can't hear you very well."

"I'm sorry I can't. It's a surprise for my friend. Just try your best to hear me. I would like to add something to our orders. Could you arrange for a cake to be delivered slightly after midnight at say around 12.15am? As for the message a simple Happy Birthday will be sufficient"

"HYEMI! COULD YOU GET ME MY PYJAMAS? I FORGOT TO BRING THEM IN WITH ME"

"Okay I've gotta go. Please don't forget about the cake. Thank you. Bye. ALRIGHT GIVE ME A SEC. I'LL BE RIGHT THERE."

"Thanks Hyemi"

"No problem. The food should be up soon so hurry up, I need to wash up too"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So do you know what you are going to wish for this year? It's 5 minutes till midnight."

"Yes" I replied as I was hit with a wave of Deja Vu.

"So what is.."

"Ask me anything you want. Anything. Just not what I am wishing for on my birthday. Just not that. Please."

"I'm sorry Ellie. I didn't mean to upset you."

"*sigh* it's okay it's not your fault. It just that.. that"

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it Ellie"

"No it's okay. It was just that Elise used to do this all the time. And the very last wish I made never came true"

"erm.."

"To spend the rest of our lives together forever. That was the wish I made 8 years ago on my birthday. And as you know, it was the day I lost my entire family"

"I will never ask you that question again. So here take this"

"Huh?"

"Wipe your tears. Don't tell me you didn't notice that."

"Maybe I'm just used to this on my birthday"

"Get un-used to it then, although I know for sure there is no such word. Remember the good, ignore the bad. Remember? YOu said your mum always says that. Your memories of your family, of Elise they were all great. At least, their memories will be with you forever. So be happy when you think about all your memories with them. But in terms of new ones you have to settle with making them with me." 

"I think I can do that.. or at least I will try"

"Good so we just have to wait till.. Oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLIE! THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME THE HONOUR OF SPENDING IT WITH YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 8 YEARS"

"..."

"I know I don't say it much, and I probably still won't say it THAT often, but I love that we became friends. I've always believed that everything in life has a purpose. You were there for me and so now it's my turn. Let's always be there for each other okay?"

"...*deep breath* okay. No more tears. Just happiness. Easier said than done. But I'll give it a shot."

"That's my girl. Now wipe that last tear away and"

*DingDong*

"Who is it?"

"No, I'll get it. You sit back and relax"

"Oh so do I get the princess treatment on my birthday"

"Yeap. ONLY your birthday"

"Right got it hahaha"

"SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! AGAIN!"

"Ahaha were they late or something"

"No I asked them to get here at 12.15am. I kinda had a feeling we would need some time to talk"

"Well you were right. And I haven't had cake on my birthday in ages"

"I thought so. The way you looked at the cakes in that shop 2 weeks ago.. I made the connection once you asked me to spend your birthday with you"

"Ooh.. Someone's been using their brain more than usual"

"Hey! What is that supposed to mean?! I use my brain a lot thank you very much! Where do you think all my amazing choreography comes from?"

"If you say so"

"What does that mean?! Urgh if it wasn't you birthday I would.. I would"

"You would still let me get away with it because you love me"

"..."

"Silence means consent"

"........."

"Now where's my gift?"

"What makes you think I have a gift for you huh? Maybe I didn't get you anything."

"Ahahaha! Just from the way you said that I know you got me something! Just give it to me already."

"... Dear God why do I always lose to her"

"You know the answer to that. I'll spare you from having to hear it again"

"Thank you for your kind consideration.. evil child. Just look under your pillow. Your gift is there." 

"Where? I can't fi.. Oh found it!!"

"It's nothing much but I hope you.."

"I LOVE IT! IT'S BEAUTIFUL"

"Shushhhhh! You're gonna wake the neighbours"

"Firstly, We are in the penthouse suite.. no neighbours. So secondly, THIS PINKY RING IS SOOOOO CUTE"

"Firstly I still can't believe we are in this suite, and secondly I'm glad you love it, now quieten down a little. I know you still wear the ring and bracelet you and Elise got for each other so I was gonna get you a locket but then I realised you wear the one your parents gave you. So eventually I settled for this ring."

"It's perfect! And it fits! Thank you, Hyemi"

"Have you seen the engraving?"

"지금은, 앞으로도, 영원히"

"I was inspired by SNSD's cheer/motto sorta thing"

"Right Now, In the Future, Forever."

"You don't have to show off by repeating it in English you know?"

"Haha I wasn't, I was just.. you know.. letting it sink in. I was touched by it. But you just had to go ahead and ruin the moment"

"Mood ruiner. I earned that title for a reason didn't I?"

"Gosh Hyemi, You're the only one who can possibly be proud of that"

"I'm One of a Kind"

"You sure are.. and this friendship sure is.. and before that gets to your head let's go to sleep. I have something exciting planned for tomorrow. I mean later when we get up"

"What is it?"

"You'll see"

"Why did I even ask?"

"I promise you'll love it"

"That's the same thing you said about fishing.. I have a bad feeling about this"

"Just trust me"

"Look where that got me the last time"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Thank you for subcribing and reading! Feel free to leave comments!  And Luveunji4ever Thanks for always commenting:)