Give it Time

This Is It

~Saranghae~

*Coughing/choking sounds*

"The way he looked at her when saying that.. Ddongie couple is gonna be the end of m.. OMG! wha..omg wow. Solar just walked straight into his arms. Aaah god I love this couple! oh hahaha they're throwing candies now, Nae gwie Candy~ haha so cute! Oh no! Why is Sung Si-kyung not happy about that? Holy ffffooseball! That wave Solar!"

*Phone ringing*

"Who in the world is calling me now?"

I reach over to grab my phone while keeping my eyes on the screen.

"HellOOOHMYGOD! OMGOMGOMG! Solar! Forehead.. She.. his forehead! That was so freaking cute!"

"Ellie? Are you okay? What are you talking about?!"

"Huh? Oh hahaha oops! Sorry Hyemi! I was watching WGM when you called"

"Ahaha, were you spazzing over Ddongie couple again?"

"OMG yes! This episode is so.. so.. MINDBLOWING! Like seriously, from being shy about skinship to BAM! You know the emoticon.. with wide eyes? That's my face right now! They were singing and dancing on point and they were so y and sweet and and.."

"Hahaha chill! I get it! You love them! You can spazz to me in person when you meet with me today"

"We planned to meet today?! I don't remember.. OMG am I late?!"

"Oh no no, I'm calling to ask you out now"

"Oh thank goodness! ..... So ask me out huh?" 

"Stop that! You know what I mean. Don't use that weird cheeky tone with me. I hate that"

"But you love me"

"Sometimes.... I really wonder why. Anyway, I've been working on this dance choreography and I need a dancer to feature in my video. It's sort of a contemporary duet and I would like you to be the female lead."

"How can you doubt your affections for me.. I'm hurt. I don't wanna feature in your video. Hmph"

"OMG stop being such a kid! Just feature in my video will you!"

"NOPE!"

"Okay fine! I love you and your weirdness. Happy now?"

"Now that wasn't so hard was it?"

"..."

"Hahaha c'mon Hyemi! I was just messing around! Can't I do that?"

"... so will.."

"Of course I will. There isn't even a need to ask. Just tell me where I need to be and I'll be there"

"You're the best!"

"You know it"

"Okay, so let's meet at the studio first. Once you've got the choreography down, we'll head over to the intended venue. I'll see you in an hour?"

"Sounds good. See ya in a bit"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why don't you just be the lead in your video? You dance way better than I ever could."

I had just finished watching Hyemi dance with the male lead. She was showing me the choreography.

"Maybe technically, but I can never evoke emotions the way you do"

"What are you talking about? You're amazing at that too!"

"But you are better"

"Hyemi, I'm not. You're.."

"You've gone through a whole lot of pain and sadness someone should never have had to deal with at such a young age, or actually at any point of their life. There's depth when you perform. It's natural. There no need for an act. That's not something I can compete with. I wish I can express myself the way you do without having to go through what you had to"

"..."

"I'm sorry Ellie, I didn't know how else to convince you that you'd be the perfect person to perform this"

"Well.. it worked. Consider me convinced. I'll do it since you really think I should."

"You're so talented Ellie, I think you don't realise just how much yet."

"... Thank you Hyemi"

"Hmm? What for? I should be the one thanking you"

"For believing in me. I haven't had anyone I care about, say something like that to me in.. well you know, a very long time."

"Well it's true. I only speak the truth, always hav.. woah back up! Don't get all mushy about this! Nope! No hug! I'm serious no hug! Go away! Do not come any closer! OMG not the face. NOT THE FACE! URGH! Come here you overgrown child. ........... okay is that enough? Can we stop hugging and get started with the dance?"

"Kill joy.. hahaha okayokay sorry! Don't look at me like that! Yes ma'am! Let's start!"

One last glare from Hyemi and we get started on the choreography. 1 hour of learning it solo and 2 hours of working with the male lead later, we're finally ready to film it. 

"Alright! Junsoep is ready. Ellie? Are you ready?"

"Yes! Ready when you are!"

"Let's do this"

A/N: Watch @IaMEmiliodosal and @Kelsey_Landers Choreography to Coldplay's Fix You, for an idea on the kind of choreography I'm referring to.They are amazing:)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ellie!! You are not going to believe this?!!"

"Gosh Hyemi! What is it? Why are you shouting at me so early in the morning?!"

"The video! The video is a hit!"

"Video? What video? Omg is Mamamoo's new single out?! How could I forget their.. wait.. it can't be out yet.." I suddenly realise after noticing the date.

"Noooo! You and your Mamamoo! I meant OUR video, you silly child! It's only been out for 3 days and it has already hit 100,000 views. It usually takes my videos a good month to reach that many views. This is all thanks to you."

"No, it's not. It's because this is one of your best choreography. And I totally know you just rolled your eyes at what I said, I can practically hear it through the phone. But it's true"

"Oh really? Then why is it that I am bombarded by comments from your fans? Or people who are asking who this new dancer is? Even people who don't know you yet are talking about you. You're really famous Ellie, especially after that performance on Immortal Song! This is all thanks to you so if you wanna argue about that I am just gonna hang up"

"Fineeeee.. don't hang up.. I'm not gonna say anything."

"That's a good girl"

"...."

"Listen, I know you're worried about the fact that you haven't heard back from any company about your music. I also know that you're rethinking your decision to turn down the offer from ABC company. But you shouldn't. That is not what you want. It never was and it never will be"

"But don't you think it would have been a way to get my foot through the door? I mean I may have had to compromise for a while but"

"But you shouldn't have to. You should never have to compromise your dreams. I'm not telling you to reject every opportunity that isn't EXACTLY what you want, I'm just telling to wait for the right one. It may be hard at first, but the right opportunity will present itself to you. Even an opportunity just to get your foot through the door needs to be the right one. Just give it time. Good things are worth waiting for. Remember that? You were the one who said that to me when I was on the verge of giving up on choreography."

"But"

"No buts, just trust me on this Ellie. Your time will come. I know it and you know it too. When that time comes, I'll be right there, waiting to tell you I told you so"

"I hope you're right Hyemi, I really do" 

"Well.. I always am. So just get your down to your studio right now.. play your guitar, bang on your drums or I dunno work with those hi-tech music making equipment of yours and just work your magic."

"Yes Ma'am!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------