Break Free

This Is It
A/N: Please use your imagination for my song lyrics. Imagine it's the best ever. It's so not.. but that's the best I could do T_T. Apart from that.. I hope you enjoy.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
"Sooyoung Unnie! How do I look?"
 
"You look great as always! I mean.. nothing ever looks bad on y.. Yeah you get my point"
 
"Haha thanks Unnie." 
 
I walked up to Sooyoung unnie to give her a thank you hug but as I pulled back to look at her I could have sworn she was blushing. But I couldn't find a reason for why she would be blushing so I just let it be.
 
"Gosh Unnie. I'm nervous. I never thought this day would come so quickly!"
 
"You've gone through a lot in life and  now it's time to live your dream. So give it your best shot. You only have 1 chance at a debut. But I know you'll be amazing" Sooyoung Unnie said as she looked at me with a hint of pride in her eyes.
 
"Thanks Unnie, that means a lot. I'm just so happy to be singing to my own music and that they accepted my song."
 
"Hahaha I still remember your face when they said okay let's use your song". Sooyoung Unnie started laughing. I couldn't blame her though. I did have a pretty epic reaction.
 
~2 weeks ago~
 
"Alright Ellie-shi, you've heard our song. Now it's time for us to hear yours"
 
"God I feel like my heart might explode... but okay let's do this" and with a deep breath, I hit play.
 
I don't know,
How I feel
I just know that I'm empty
Cos you are not with me
 
I lost hope,
I lost faith
I'm doing everything not to break
But it's not easy
 
I miss you
I just wanna hear your voice now
Do you miss me too
Why did you have to leave me
 
I thought I lost my breath
The air I breathe
Everything that you were to me
But know I'm gonna try
To find myself
Keep promises we made, you and me
Our dream will not be wasted
 
This is it
 
Now it's time to make my move
To make it through it on my own
Still isn't easy
 
I miss you
But I think I hear your voice now
Do you feel it too
I feel you now right here beside me
 
I thought I lost my breath
The air I breath
Everything that you were to me
But now I've found myself
I  found my strength
Friends, my chosen family,
The time has come to break free
This is it
 
 
"Okay so boss, the lyrics are not my best but we're gonna be rewriting it into korean anyway so I just thought if you like the mu.." I was stopped midway as the boss interrupted me.
 
"That's settled, we'll use your song"
 
My jaw dropped. I was sure I needed to do a little convincing but they just accepted my song.
 
"I'm sorry.. Say what? We're using my song?!"
 
"Yes it's perfect. Why do you sound like you don't want that?"
 
"Omg no! I do want it.. I just thought.. you know.. that it wouldn't be this easy"
 
"It's a song that is very true to you. I can tell that it means a lot to you and I know the audience will be able to feel that too. I will make sure that the lyricist sticks closely to the meaning behind your lyrics. This is going to be amazing. well done Ellie shi, I'm very proud of you"
 
At that point I couldn't hold it in any longer and I started jumping around like a child on a sugar rush. A little too excited, I did a cart wheel but rammed straight into Sooyoung Unnie. I ended up hugging her as tight as possible. I hadn't been this happy in a while and I was glad to share that moment with Sooyoung Unnie.
 
~Back to real time~
 
"Yeah your reaction was really Epic. You even cartwheeled and ran into me remember" Sooyoung unnie was still laughing.
 
"ahahaha yeah Unnie, but I gave you a nice big hug too and don't forget that peck on your cheek. I don't give those out to just anyone you know."
 
"..."
 
"What I say? What happened Unnie" Sooyoung Unnie was avoiding my eyes for some reason.
 
"Erm oh nothing.. just erm.. go give your best out there. I'll leave you to yourself for now.. you still have a while before we go live"
 
"You can stay Unnie, I don't mind."
 
I didn't know why but I just didn't want her to leave the room. 
 
"It's okay Ellie, I know you need your alone time. "
 
"No Unnie, Stay. I want you to stay."
 
Sooyoung Unnie just stared at me for a while. Then a soft smile lit up her face and suddenly in that moment I noticed how beautiful she looked. She started walking away from the door and towards the couch I was seated on. As she walked towards me, I looked at her. Actually look and not just see. The way her hair flowed against her shoulder, the way the slightest smile lit up her face. The way her eyes showed so much happiness as she was walking towards me. The way her hips swayed as she... wait what was I thinking? I quickly shook my head to get those thoughts out of my head. When I turned back to look at Sooyoung unnie, that happiness in her eyes was replaced with concern.
 
"Ellie.. what happened? Something wrong?"
 
"oh erm I was just checking you ou.. i mean checking your reaction time"
 
I really wanted to slap myself. I almost gave myself away and I just tried to save myself with something that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
 
"You know you don't make any sense right Ellie?"
 
"Erm it's just the nerves? Yeah just the nerves.."
 
I watched as a Sooyoung unnie raised an eyebrow clearly confused by my behavior. She seemed to brush it off as she plopped next to me. I on the other hand was suddenly so aware of her presence.
 
I nearly jumped out of my skin when Sooyoung Unnie's head suddenly snapped towards me. 
 
"Hahaha Ellie, why are you so jumpy all of a sudden?"
 
"Why did you have to turn so quickly? You almost gave me a heart attack." That was all I could say to explain my reaction.
 
"I just wanted to ask you if you've handed out your single to your sunbaes yet."
 
"I have.. To all except one."
 
"Who?" Sooyoung Unnie asked and almost killed me by tilting her head in the most adorable manner.
 
"Erm.. Mamamoo"
 
"Mamamoo?! Ellie, Don't you absolutely love them?"
 
"I do Unnie! But I don't wanna embarass myself infront of them and I just haven't plucked up the courage to approach them yet."
 
"This is the week of their goodbye stages. It's about the only chance you're gonna get"
 
"I know Unnie, Trust me, I know. But I.."
 
"No more excuses, get your off that couch and let's go now. I'll go along as moral support"
 
Sooyoung Unnie basically grabbed me by the wrist, picked up the albums and dragged me out. Before I knew it I was standing right outside Mamamoo's waiting room.
 
"OMG unnie, I can't do this. I'm not ready"
 
"Are you going to knock? Or do you want me to? This is so not you Ellie. Pluck up the courage and just knock."
 
I didn't move an inch. Sooyoung Unnie just gave up on me and knocked.
 
"COME IN" I recognised the members voices immediately. They had all shouted in unison. I still didn't move. Sooyoung Unnie took it upon herself to open the door and push me in.
 
 "A..Ann.. Annyeonghaseyo"
 
I was so awestruck I didn't know what else to say.
 
"OMG it's Ellie-shi" Wheein exclaimed in recognition which actually made me smile. I took a breath and spoke.
 
"I came here to give you a copy of my Single. There's actually a second track on it as well so I hope you like both of my songs." I was still nervous so I said that all in one breath.
 
"Yeah we saw some other artists who had it and we were starting to wonder if you were going to give us copies too. We were worried that you weren't our fan anymore."
 
"OMG NO! I LOVE YOU! I mean... I am a very big fan of yours. You light up my life with your music and you are a great inspiration to me."
 
"Awww.. that's so sweet of you to say" Solar said after my partially embarassing outburst.
 
"We heard that you were our fan, so we were really looking forward to meeting you." The ever so cool Moonbyul said.
 
"Solar Unnie, Moonbyul Unnie, Wheein-shi, Hwasa-Shi. You guys are so amazing that nobody can possibly avoid falling for your charms."
 
"Oh? You're older than Wheein and I? Hwasa suddenly asked.
 
"Oh erm yeah, I'm a 1993 baby"
 
"Oh so we'll just address you as Unnie then"
 
"I erm.. yes.. I would love that" Somehow, that made me so happy.
 
"So Ellie-shi, who's your favourite member?"
 
Solar was staring straight at me after asking that question. 
 
"Firsty unnie, you can just call me Ellie and secondly, you." Honestly, I had no idea where that sudden confidence came from.
 
"Me? Me what?" Solar looked so confused, I was squealing inside from the cuteness but I had to keep the fangirling under control.
 
"You. You are my favourite member. But, Mamamoo as a whole. All 4 of you together. That's my bias"
 
"That's so sweet of you to say" Moonbyul unnie said sincerely.
 
"It's the truth, it's your chemistry as a group that makes you so attractive both vocally and aesthetically."
 
"Ellie-shi, you are flattering us too much. Besides, you're amazing too. I will never be able to forget your 1st performance at immortal song of Dear, My Family."
 
Solar Unnie inhaled sharply as she realised what she just brought up.
 
"OMG Ellie-shi, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to"
 
"It's okay unnie, I am fine. No worries"
 
"So Ellie-shi, I heard your song has been receiving alot of attention? We heard it already too and we love it"
 
I could tell that Byul unnie was trying to change the topic to save yongsun unnie which was so darn cute, Igniting my Moonsun fangirl feels.
 
"Yeah Byul Unnie, I'm very happy that it is being received well."
 
"We can't wait to watch your performance" Hwasa chipped in as well.
 
"Thanks everyone. It really means a lot coming from you"
 
"Ellie, I think we need to go, your performance is coming up soon." Sooyoung Unnie reminded me a little reluctantly.
 
"Let's take a quick pic before you go Ellie"
 
"Yeah give us your number and we'll send you the picture" Wheein said after Solar.
 
The next few moments went by as a blur and next thing I knew I was out of their waiting room
 
"Did that just happen Unnie? Did I just meet Mamamoo and did everything else just happen?"
 
But before Sooyoung Unnie could answer, my phone beeped. As I opened up that image, I couldn't help but smile. There are i was, among my idols, and I had picture proof.
 
"There it is, your beautiful smile" Sooyoung unnie said before walking ahead of me. This time, I found myself blushing.
 
What was this? Why was I reacting this way? Could I possibly.. Nah.. can't be. I'm just overthinking it.
 
"Ellie what are you still doing there?! Hurry up! You're up in 30mins!"
 
I brushed those thoughts away as I prepared myself for the biggest step I had ever taken in my life.
 
This was it. My time. To really break free.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________